“THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #144 of 191 Hotels in Dallas
Norfolk, Virginia
“THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Everything was broken, they gave us a room with a broken bed, broken lights, and dirty towels, and spider webs!!! The guy at front desk and security guy (reuben and ishmail) were yelling and banging on table. The toilet was clogged. They argued with customer service on phone when they made them give us a room. They also tried to lock my husband in the bathroom. I've never experienced such poor customer service. Nor have I experience such disrespect! Dont let the PLUS fool you. This is a awful establishment.

Room Tip: Do not choose this room!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Rebecca H,

We appreciate your booking with us and are completely baffled by the occurrences you described. We apologize you did not have a terrific experience and would like to address the issues you encountered. Rueben & Ishmael are both long-term employees and both consistently receive excellent customer reviews based on their genuine desire to provide a positive experience for the guest. We would like to research the issues by reviewing security tapes and inspecting the room you were assigned to. Since the hotel was just completely renovated and all the furniture, lights, towels, bedding...everything is new, nothing should have been broken. Would you please contact me directly at tonya@bwdallas.com and provide me with the date, room number and/or confirmation number so I am able to investigate? Also, please contact me directly to book in the future so we can make certain your expectations are exceeded.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Houston Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The water faucet was lose and was just hanging there. The room smell like gutter and mildew. It was not safe for me or anybody to stay in this room. Late that night someone with a drill was drilling by the elevator. Woke me up. You need to repair all these problems before you put someone in them. I know you are still under contraction. no need to book these rooms if they are not ready.

Dear Gcaballero,

Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel & Conference Center. Also, thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. The last element of the renovations was the elevators and they were just completed last Friday (the work was done during the day so I am not certain what the drilling noise you heard was but I will research to find out). With the completion of the renovations we are in the "punch list" stages and you are right, this room should not have been made available to a guest. The odor & the lose faucet would have been corrected pursuant to the punch list. Please accept our most sincere apologies. We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations as we feel confident we will.
Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The overall appearance of the remodeled facility was fine, it was the cleanliness and the plumbing issues that made me think twice about ever utilizing this facility in the future. Upon checking into my room there was a dirty flat razor blade on my bathroom counter, followed up by the shower blowing out water, the next morning, all over the ceiling & down the wall onto the floor. Needless to say, it was unusable. I reported the issues to the front desk as I departed for my business day. Upon returning, I checked the shower situation & NOTHING had been done to remedy the situation. Staff had to come to my room that night to fix at 10:00pm.. On top of that, used, dirty floss was on my vanity that evening. Not sure where that came from since I don't have any loose string floss. Maybe from a cleaning rag from another room???? YUCK...Sorry to say the experience was less than desirable.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear EHB05,

Thank you for the compliments regarding the appearance of our newly renovated property. We very much appreciate you bringing to our attention the situations you encountered. We would definitely like to research these occurrences. Rooms are cleaned thoroughly and then inspected by a supervisor. Our housekeeping supervisors are long-term staff members and both have a very high level of personal integrity. Please contact me directly at tonya@bwdallas.com and share with me your confirmation number or date of stay and room number so we can research the housekeeping and engineering incidents further. Also please contact me directly to book future reservations so that we can make certain your stay exceeds your expectations.
Seabrook, TX, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel appears to be in the midst of some upgrades and what they have done so far is very nice. My only issues were with the bed which was uncomfortable, the pillows which were trussed up like balls and felt either like rocks or very squishy and the AC/heat which was difficult to adjust between sweltering and off. All that being said, this was a great value at the price. I hope they continue with the improvements without drastically raising the cost.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Tonya G, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Michael P.,

Thank you so much for your review and for staying with us! We and our guests agree with you regarding the renovations resulting in a very unexpectedly attractive property. You are also right in that we are in the very final stages of a major renovation with the only things still to be completed are "punch-list" items that are very minor and the renovation of the elevators. The elevators are functional they just need paint, etc. where they took a beating from the construction equipment transported in them. All bedding is brand new including the mattresses, as well as the pillows, linens, furniture, towels, carpeting, paint, 42" flat screen televisions, microwaves & refrigerators. We do have a choice of pillows on the beds: soft and firm in order to meet all guests preferred type. Also brand new are all Heat & Air units in every room. Did you report the issue to the front desk so our engineering staff could locate the issue with the fluctuation in temperatures? If you would contact me directly and let me know your room number, confirmation number, and/or date of stay we will have the HVAC inspected as the units are all still under warranty and should be working at optimum production. Should you return to the area please contact me directly so I can see that your accommodations go above & beyond your expectations. I can be reached at Tonya@bwdallas.com. Thank you again and we are so glad you chose to stay with us.
Monroe, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had an appointment in mid-town Dallas so my husband decided to give this Best Western a try based on previous stays in other locations. At $77.00 the price was definitely reasonable, the front lobby attractive, the elevator smelled stale and was in definite need of a good paint job,but it was the room itself that was a dissappointment. There was wax or nail polish all over the sheers and the front desk promised to bring up room spray to remove the smell of smoke but they never arrived.

Room Tip: Ask if you might look at a room that would be available for you to book.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy M,

Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Best Western Plus Dallas Hotel & Conference Center and for your positive comments. Due to the recent extensive renovations the elevators have endured inordinate wear & tear from the construction crews' equipment, etc. transported during the renovations. Therefore, the elevators are the last element of the hotel to be renovated and will soon be as attractive as the lobby, guest rooms, and all other common areas. I apologize that your room smelled of cigarette smoke and no one was sent to take care of the smell. We will address the issue of no one being sent to take care of the smell with the front desk staff directly. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and again, for staying with us.
Asia, Anguilla
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Share Your Experience on TripAdvisor (Optional): Best Western PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, Dallas, TEXAS Share Your Experience on TripAdvisor (Optional): Best Western PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center, Dallas, TEXAS

Dear Philipos Z,

We are sorry you encountered an issue that caused you to feel any part of the hotel was not clean. Please reach out to me personally at tonya@bwdallas.com with your check in date and confirmation number and/or room number, as well as details of what was not clean. We definitely want to address any issues that cause a guest to feel anything related to the hotel is not clean. Also, before booking your next stay, contact me personally so we can go above and beyond your expectations!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room furniture cramped, king bed was great. Only one elevator working glad hotel wasn't full. Issues with key entry. Overall stay was comfortable during a difficult personal time. New Year's Day may be why some staff a little aloof.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Dallas Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!