“Ratings” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Dallas Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 S. Lamar, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, United States
“Ratings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

A very good hotel to stay at. I enjoyed the free beverages. The food in the restaurant was very much liking to my taste. My room was clean and fresh everyday. I would definitely come back or stay at your hotel elsewhere.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

For some reason, this hotel thinks it's OK for their guests to arrive at check-in time and sit around waiting for the room they made a reservation for. We reserved a king bed room, drove almost 4 hours, walked up to the desk, and told the guy we were checking in. He said he had a queen bed ready for us. We told him we made a reservation for a king bed room. He further explained that he had no queen bed available. When we told him we even paid an extra $20 for the king, he told us he "just had one come available." We then sat (because it obviously was NOT quite available.)

After an hour of waiting, I asked for a manager to come down and talk to us. When she came up to us, I told her I had one question for her. I asked her if she thought we were going to sit there in her lobby all night. I then instructed her to go get our car or our room key. Somehow, she immediately came up with a room key!! I'm out on this place....there were several other issues. It's sad too because it's a very nice place. It just had many issues with service and they even left food in the room refrigerator.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bri B, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your not so pleasant experience. Please note, by no means do we think it’s “OK” for our guests to wait for their rooms to be ready. We sincerely apologize for the slow turn around during your check-in experience. I am so sorry this immediate interaction negatively impacted the rest of your stay. Please do message me the next time you choose Omni Dallas. I will personally assist in an early check-in, accompanied by a flawless visit. It would be my pleasure to assist in any way possible!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

This Omni hotel was perfect for my wife and I. I would have been ok in a subpar hotel for a weekend getaway to finally see around the downtown area. Everything about this hotel was worth every penny. It's so much better than we expected and so clean. Everyone was so nice and helpful that includes staff and guests. The construction work going on wasn't an issue with us. They can't help make a beautiful hotel look better if that's even possible. The bed and pillow was very nice and the bathroom with the tv...I can't even. We walked everywhere to see different things by choice. We saw and did more things and enjoyed it in two days together than in Vegas for a week. We will definitely be back!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancaster PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The building and amenities are very good. The elevators are very fast and the neon reflected in the adjacent building is very cool. The Omni attracts a young and stylish crowd. The room and convention rooms were fine. The room was quiet except for workers slamming doors. However, downtown Dallas is boring -- nowhere of interest outside the Hotel. We had a good dinner at the steakhouse, but a key lime pie ordered at the sports bar had a hair in it (unfortunately not discovered until mainly eaten). The number of restaurants is low for the size of the hotel and if you want a late night snack you are out of luck. The bed was too soft and you sink into the middle. The mattress needed to be replaced. The exercise facility was great. The mirror in the bathroom has a built-in TV, but a bathroom fan would have been more useful. We were overcharged for parking and it took several days to correct.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Salinas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I had a delightful stay. I was very interested in your LEED designation. The quality of materials used seemed excellent. The architecture and design is outstanding. My room was extremely soundproof. I could not hear my neighbor's television, plumbing, etc. My view was outstanding.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I love this hotel, I have stayed since it opened a few years ago and waited in anticipation for it to be up and running seeing the only time I go to Dallas is for a convention.

Being next door the the Convention Centre, it's a short walk all covered to the venue. Superb!

The rooms are fab, very spacious, tv's built into the mirror of the bathroom, shower and watch tv at the same time.

There is an outdoor area with heated pool but the bar was closed. It is rather peacful out there in the eveing and p[leasant to watch the lights change colour, very pretty.

Big thumbs up on service and quality for this hotel !

Omni Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I highly recommend the Omni Dallas Hotel. It was a wonderful experience of pampered service. The service was excellent on every level. The staff was kowledgable, well trained, and very friendly. I felt like I was the only hotel guest. I love the attention given to every detail on every level. It's now my hotel of FIRST CHOICE.

Bri B, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We are so grateful to hear your praises and high recommendations for our hotel. Thank you for recognizing our trained and friendly staff. Having over 800 associates at our location, it is so touching when our team gets complimented as a whole. THANK YOU and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Been to Omni Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!