“Quality Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Dallas Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 S. Lamar, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #5 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, United States
“Quality Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Overall, this was a great stay. Only thing negative was the cleaning staff needs a volume control but other than that nothing but superlatives. We stayed on the 23rd floor and the views were phenomenal. Get the panoramic upgrade.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at the Omni for one night and enjoyed it on all levels. The decor of the rooms and the common areas is beautiful and I especially appreciate that it is LEED certified as a "green" property. The staff was extremely professional, friendly, and helpful at every location in the hotel - from the bellmen, to the front desk, to the coffee bar, to the restaurant. The sports bar is fantastic for Sunday football.

As noted in other reviews, the bed is extremely comfortable and the bathroom is lovely. You can't beat a tv screen in the bathroom!

I have some professional experience in the meetings industry and I appreciated this property's easy access to the convention center and its ample meeting space (even though I did not use them).

The only area that was a miss for me is one that the hotel cannot change and that is the surroundings. I like to walk and see the sites on foot (and I am a hardened city person) but the area was completely desolate on a Sunday night and so I did not feel comfortable walking in the area alone. Perhaps this is better during the week or when a convention is in town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I love the hotel and location but do not like that they require you to valet now.

I booked three rooms for clients and myself in order to take them to a Cowboys game prior to Christmas. I had a number of high end liquors in my vehicle to give out to clients as gifts (Christmas) and had to pick them up prior to my stay.

Trying to avoid any potential hassle, I planned to self park but when I arrived to the hotel I was told this was no longer an option. The valet immediately commented on the liquor I had in my car which really made me uneasy.

I had 11 bottles of crown XR (among other things) that were in a larger shipping box from the liquor store. I took 2 bottles out to give to my clients, which should have left me with 9. However, when checking out I decided to do a quick count and realized one bottle was missing. Nobody else had access to my car aside from valet and I am positive one was stolen from me.

I called lost prevention and was told someone would get back to me and I have yet to hear from anyone. It is unfortunate that they force you to valet and don't handle issues that arise from it.

• Stayed December 2013
Irving, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Watch out for hidden fees and new policies for special events on this one. Stayed here for a music festival at the adjoining conference center. Valet parking was hiked for the weekend, the check-in time was pushed back an hour, and the conference center walk-way was closed off to all hotel guests (for security I assume, but annoying since I reserved the room for this convenience). Also, I was asked to sign a "special" policy for the weekend due to the special event. No guests after 10 PM, period. I was forced to wear a bracelet like a caged animal all weekend so that they could monitor the comings and goings of the guests. If I was going to be treated like this, I would not have reserved the room. But given that it was a special weekend, there were no other hotels with availability last minute. Very disappointed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here a few days for business meetings and found the location and quality of this large hotel (1000 rooms) excellent.
We used the 3 different eating areas in the hotel and all offer first rate food especially the in-house Bob's Steakhouse.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Mckinney, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Excellent experience. staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurants were fantastic. food is exceptional. Depending on when you are checking out, the valet was very busy and somewhat slow. Also parking is pricey. Great views from the room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Made for a great location for New Years Eve and Pre Bowl Game activities. View of the city was great from the room. Has everything you need in house but close to anything else you want to do downtown.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to Omni Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!