“5-Star Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Dallas Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 S. Lamar, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Captain Cook, Hawaii, United States
“5-Star Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is, by far, one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever visited in my life. It took a minute to get used to the card-key lights, but I really liked the energy saving feature and felt the dim lighting was very relaxing. A bedside key slot would have been welcome as I found myself bumping into chairs trying to make my way to the slot by the door. As others have mentioned, the rooms don't seem to be well insulated against noise. Street noise and talking in the halls migrated into my room. Not major negatives in my book. My room was nicely appointed. The bathroom had a television in the mirror....blew my mind. The shower/tub was roomy. The water pressure and water temperature were fine in my room. The bed was comfy, and I had a gorgeous view of the downtown Dallas skyline. The sports bar wasn't my cup of tea, but spent lots of time at Texas Spice and the Lobby Bar. The food was fabulous and the prices not too crazy. The lower end wines were meh; but if you're willing to pay, the Honig cab was rockin'. Spent lots of time hanging by the fire features. I also partook of the spa on the 4th floor. The prices were comparable to high-end spas in my area. The 18% 'service charge' was not well explained when I made my reservation. There was a sign at the spa reception desk that explained 15% of the service charge goes to the therapist and 3% is split amongst the other spa staff. OK, so that's a fancy way of saying mandatory tip. Given the prices plus service charge, as much as I might have wanted to tip, I just couldn't do it...sorry. The pool and jacuzzi, also on the 4th floor, were beautiful and the view at night, divine. The staff were amazing. My friend had a problem with room service and her lunch order the next day. The manager got wind and gave her a card for a free entree. The staff bent over backwards to more than make up for the errors. I have to mention one server by name - Vincent was super attentive and took amazing care of us during our stay. The man is a jewel. This hotel is nicely located within walking distance of historic downtown Dallas, the JFK memorial, the Holocaust museum, and more. I can't imagine staying anywhere else should I ever, sometime down the road, find myself in downtown Dallas.

Room Tip: Unless you need one, avoid the handicap rooms. Request a room with a downtown view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you found the staff to be so amazing and we'll pass along your kind words to Vincent as well. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back the next time you find yourself in Downtown Dallas.

2,325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

When you hear about a hotel being connected to a convention center, your perception of the place immediately heads south. I'm not going to lie, I didn't expect much out of this place when I found out I would be staying here. Boy was I wrong! This place is beautiful! The lobby is very pristine and welcoming as are the front door and lobby staff. The rooms are very nice and include a TV in the mirror of your bathroom. Room service was fast and excellent and I enjoyed my entire stay. I can only hope that my boss puts me back at this hotel when I'm in Dallas!! The hotel is connected to the convention center via sky bridge (5 minute walk from room).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
We are happy to hear the Omni Dallas changed your perception of a convention center hotel and that you had such a "wow" experience! We hope your boss continues to place you at our hotel as well and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back.
Madison, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Spent 3 days at this friendly place. Besides the beautiful premises (including magical Christmas decorations), there are friendly and kind staff everywhere. From Nick and Christy in the cozy bar to Alwasi the concierge to the restaurant, front desk and housekeeping staff every single employee made me feel important and valued. Way to go Omni - outstanding customer service!

• Stayed December 2012
We appreciate the kind words and are glad you had such a great experience at the Omni Dallas. We've passed your feedback along to Nick, Christy, and Alwasi and look forward to seeing you back again very soon!
Bowie, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Hotel is beautiful, staff is exceptional, food is delicious and menus accommodate varied allergies, plus feature regional cuisine. Food prices aren't bad. Breakfast buffet $11, had blueberry maple sausage, chilaquiles,bread pudding, great bacon, plus they had biscuits & gravy, fruit, breads, etc. Lunch buffet $19, had fish with chimichurri sauce, cilantro whipped potatoes, great fresh salads, couscous with a vibrant lemon, glazed carrots, a great shepherd's pie with spicy beef filling, breads with housemade butters and olive oils, outstanding blueberry cobbler, varied chocolate desserts, lemon cake, etc. This is all at Texas Spice, next to the lobby. They also have a sports bar and a high end steak house, plus a Starbucks. Rooms were comfortable... minor complaints that lighting is dim and they have shower only (but a large walk in one), no tub. Housekeeping was super, as was all staff. What a treat!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay. We will make sure the food & beverage and housekeeping teams receive your positive feedback!
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here recently for a business conference. It fulfilled pretty much all of my expectations for a hotel of this class.

Pros
Great location
Great views from high floors
Choice of three restaurants within the hotel
Well appointed comfortable rooms
Comfortable beds with good choice of pillows
Pleasant staff

Could be improved
My room had a bath with a shower head - This was fixed high up the wall, and could not be detached - A shower head on a flexible hose either in addition to or instead of the fixed shower head would have been much appreciated. Also, the water pressure was a little weak. It was adequate for sure and much more than a dribble, but great hotels have decent power showers that invigorate.

Television channel selection - As an international visitor, it's good to be able to check up on the news at home, and it was a shame to note that not one international news station was carried on either of the televisions in the room. Would it have been so hard to have added a BBC news feed?

Room size - By European standards it was average, but was by far the smallest room I've stayed in whilst in the US.

Room facilities - My room was equipped with twin beds - Between the twin beds was a chest of drawers upon which was a lamp, a power socket strip and the alarmclock/ipod dock. Each bed had an adjustable spotlamp attached to the headboard. Unfortunately, neither of the spot lamps or the power strip were functional - I looked behind the chest of drawers and found an awful tangle of cables and electrical plugs - The lamps and the power strip were not plugged in. Rather than call reception, I managed to workout what went where, and connected it up myself. But whilst doing so, I noticed that there was a fair accumulation of dust and rubbish/trash from previous guests, so I would highlight this as something that could have been cleaned and connected better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that overall your stay was an enjoyable one. We are sorry to hear of the condition of the area behind the dresser in your room and this information has been passed along to our Director of Housekeeping for training purposes. We do hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Dallas.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The room's were fantastic, floor to ceiling windows, high tech, new. Staff was great. I could find nothing wrong with this hotel during my 2 day, 1 night stay. I would considering coming here again just for a mini-vacation. Very impressed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for the review and we are glad you came away impressed! We look forward to seeing you on your next mini-vacation.
Dallas Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is opulence excelling. The appointments are over the moon good, food is really good, and desserts are beyond the pale. The place is like a photo album only better, and the staff is really sharp. Downtown Dallas has taken 3 steps forward with this one.

Room Tip: Food is excellent, service is excellent, appointments are over the moon.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind words. We are happy to be a positive addition to Downtown Dallas and look forward to seeing on your next visit.

Been to Omni Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!