“Beautiful Hotel, Very clean and new” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Dallas Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   555 S. Lamar, Dallas, TX 75202 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #5 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Vancouver, Canada
“Beautiful Hotel, Very clean and new”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I loved my stay at the Omni Dallas. This is a brand new hotel, with some great added touches including unique art in the rooms that are all for sale. The rooms were spacious and well decorated. The Bed was amazing, and the bathroom was very nice. The outdoor infinity pool was a welcome added touch.
The restaurant called Texas Spice serves local organic food. It has a great outdoor space and the service was amazing. Overall the experience at this hotel was nothing short of spectacular. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

2,225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel; I wish we could have stayed even longer. The hotel is beautifully designed with neat features like TVs in the mirrors in the bathrooms and zen fireplace gardens outside. The views of downtown Dallas are wonderful at night! The staff was extremely friendly, valet parking was fast and easy! The clientelle seems very upscale, so i'm not sure how the kids would have been liked around there, but we've taken our three kids to other Omni hotels and the staff has always doted on them. The restaurant is very unique; we had breakfast there in the morning, and loved it. There is also a sprts type retaurant/ bar that was still hopping late at night and had lots of huge TVs. You will not be sorry you stayed here!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I'm sitting here in my room at the Omni after having just had housekeeping knock and offer turn down service. I've found this kind of service is normal as this is my 3rd time here. The design and decor of the Omni is impeccable. From the lobby to our room the furnishings and artwork are modern and cool. They most definitely do not scream "hotel furniture!" The floor to ceiling windows in our room offer a gorgeous downtown city view. And I've yet to find another hotel to offer the complete Starz and Encore movie package! With kids, this is something to get excited about. Watching it on a big flat screen TV sure don't hurt either. The beautiful infinity pool!!! No harsh chlorine!! Thank you!! There's one more detail that I have to give kudos to the manager for and that is the hotel's use of incandescent bulbs. It's true the lighting is so much more enjoyable but it's also Eco-friendly! It drives me crazy how those mercury filled so-called earth friendly CFL's are in most hotels now. When those break, you need a hazmat to clean up, and chances are proper protocol is not followed and the air quality must be so toxic! Anyway, thank you Omni for using incandescent bulbs and the thousand other tiny details that make your hotel rockin'!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had a completely different experience using my Travel Zoo certificate. I had bought 3 of them and I was also told it was hard to book a weekend because they had sold so many. They worked with me until we found a Sunday, July 29, and I told them it was important for 2 of the 3 peple to have all the services at once as they were going back to college. I live locally so I could come during the week for what they couldn't book for me. We had a great time and I liked that after our treatments we stayed for a few more hours and used their roof top pool area, along with the outside bar and food service. We felt like we were on vacation even though we live in Dallas. The spa is very relaxing and beautiful. I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The new Qantas flights direct to Dallas from Sydney are a refreshing way to visit the US. The Omni is a great hotel for your stop over. It is new , with a fresh design and vibe. Located close to Dealy plaza for all JFK fans it is walking distance to the old part of town.
The best part about the Omni is its terrific rooftop pool and bar. With soaring temperatures it is definitely the place to relax and take in spectacular city views. The bar staff are fantastic and really work hard to create a friendly , party atmosphere. Just as quick with clever wisecracks as they are with helpful insights on what to see and do in Dallas . I know the hotel reads these so make sure you look after cameron , Garry and Heath they are doing a great job for you up there
The Owners Box sports bar ialso has a great atmosphere with plenty of sports on show and possibly the worlds largest indoor screen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I was prepared to like this hotel because I've had other good Omni experiences and because of what I'd read about their LEED status and the art throughout the hotel.

And like it I did.

The guest rooms are comfortable and pretty sound-proof. The layout (of my 2-bedded room) worked well for sleeping and working. The beds are comfortable (of course they are still new!) and the room was immaculate. I should have asked if the pillows (4 per bed) were down -- and gotten something synthetic. But I slept well and except for puffy eyes, was ok!

There are reading lights attached to the headboards. Great but .. they were on the side of each bed on which you wouldn't get in so not sure who 'skooches' over to use them. The lamp on the night table had good light and what looked like but couldn't have been standard bulbs. It provided good reading light in bed. The switch, however, is very high and unless you sit up straight in bed, it's tough to reach. (Was disappointed that the table lamp didn't have elec. outlets in it. I've become accustomed to those and really like them.)

Loved the safety feature of the floor light that came on from under the night stand when my feet touched the floor.

What was not at all good: the "desk" is a long counter and really good for work or eating from room service. Oddly, it has only one set of elec. outlets and they are on the left side even tho' there are two chairs in a two bedded room. I'm not sure how a second person would connect electronics.

WORSE was the limited (and I mean really limited) lighting for the desk. There is a lamp off to the left side but it's dim. I had to call the guest hotline to find out if there was light over the desk. After 3 calls and a call to engineering, I was told it was a toggle under the (flat screen, mounted) TV. If you are going to work at any time other than a nice bright day, take something to light the desk.

The bathroom is large with a nice square sink. The shower (THANK you, Omni for not having stall showers!) has great "ledge" space. The water pressure is ok - not overly strong but good enough. I was impressed that the shower curtain liner was new. (Wonder how often they change them.) The amenities are standard and because I didn't use them, I can't comment.

Especially liked the magnifying mirror - square, good light, and easily turned for those of us who are not so tall.

Texas Spice, their 3-meal/day restaurant, is excellent. I ate numerous meals there, including a private meeting/breakfast in the larger of the two private rooms. (HIGHLY recommend it. Great space and windows looking out to the lovely seating area.) The breakfast and lunch buffets are very good. It would be helpful if the items were labeled lower -- currently they are on top of the buffet, above the items -- so they could be more easily seen. It would also be helpful to label items that are vegetarian, vegan or gluten-free.

Really liked:
- REAL eggs on breakfast buffet. Wish they had grits as a regular item; they did get some for me so all was well.
- "Tastings" at dinner from the chef. Little dishes of something special that were brought to the table. The watermelon/jicama/fennel dressed in lime juice was outstanding.
- Wine list is nice; specialty drinks seemed to be enjoyed by many.

Wish they had ice cream made in house and wish, even more, there had been some very light desserts - house-made sorbet or even good fresh fruit.

Staff was very nice and knowledgeable about the menu.

Morsels, the gift shop and coffee bar location, is AMAZING! Art! Art books! Great coloring book for children and adults of the Nasher Sculpture collection. It is by far the most interesting shop I'd ever been in. People who weren't staying at the Omni during this conference came over just to see and buy.

Overall, staff was excellent. The Hotel could do everyone a service by ensuring that all staff - and I mean ALL - experience the guest rooms so they know what's there and how to advise guests.

The business center on the 2nd floor of the hotel was ok. The areass where the computers and printers are is not accessible for anyone in a wheelchair or using an electric scooter. It is the only easy place to print out a boarding pass. (I was told you can use the touch screens in the lobby and the bp will print to the concierge desk.)

Would I return? Yes! If I were again attending a meeting in the convention center I'd only stay at the Omni - much easier access from the second floor.

I felt safe, comfortable, and enjoyed my stay. The few "fixes" I think can be easily accomplished.

Room Tip: On floor 5, there are also meeting rooms. Depending on what's going on in the hotel, you may wan...