“Fantastic, creative Mexican cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Willis
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic, creative Mexican cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Dined at Alma with colleagues tonight. Alma is excellent: spotless service from the moment we walked in the door; a broad, creative menu; great cocktails. Our server Joel was helpful and knowledgeable about the menu, wine and cocktails. My scallops with pork belly were delicious, albeit on the small side. But that was OK because the guacamole, hongo ceviche, and fresh plantain chips satisfied my appetite. Also, try the "Street" Corn; corn with queso fresco sounds odd, but is actually quite good. I would absolutely return the next time I visit Dallas. High-end, creative Mexican with unique dishes.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fort Worth, Texas
“It was okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

We had a reservation for 8 on a Tuesday night. We arrived a little early and had a few cocktails at the upstairs bar. The drinks were alright. Some of them were just weird tasting. Creative, but just not that great. We were seated on time and I ordered the chile relleno. Boyfriend ordered carne asada. Nobody at the table really like what they ordered that much, except for one who ordered the carnitas. She loved them. The colorado sace on the relleno was so overwhelming that you could not taste any other flavors from the dish. We also ordered fried pork as an appetizer. It was really good, but tasted and looked more like Asian food than Mexican. The sides we ordered were the street corn and the plantains. Those were both really good. I loved the plantains. Service was slow and not great. Our waitress took a really long time to check on us. The restaurant wasn't really that bus at all (Tuesday), so not sure why. It was alright. I would probably not return.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, TX
“Excellent upscale mexican with great patio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Tried this restaurant the other day after a few drinks at another favorite across the street- The Old Monk. The outdoor patio seating is especially nice if the weather is good. Really enjoyed the atmosphere. The food was excellent- the guacamole was delicious, as were the 2 entrees I sampled- The Veracruz seared Mahi Mahi, and the seafood enchiladas. I would recommend either of these dishes as they really were fantastic. The menu has a lot of specialty seafood options. The service was excellent- they were very friendly and attentive. Full bar with some signature drinks. This place is a little on the pricey side for some items like the guacamole at $9, but it was very good. The seafood entrees were more reasonably priced at around $20. Next time we go back I will try one of the ceviches- these looked great. Closed on Mondays. I would definitely recommend this restaurant- give them a try and see what you think.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Alma, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.