“Very good hotel restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Asador is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #522 of 3,165 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-35 and Wycliff
Description: The Spanish word Asador, translates to mean grill. The intimate casual eatery will focus on what Chef Max calls "farm to fire" cooking, using seasonal local ingredients prepared over an open flame of mesquite wood. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, Asador's seasonal menu is comprised of Texas and Latin American inspired specialties with "snacks" for sharing as well as "market" and "large plates" selections for guests looking for a full dining experience.
AKRON, OH
“Very good hotel restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very cool atmosphere. You can see the chef and his staff cooking and the decor is very cool as well. Food and drinks were very good. Prices were typical of a higher end hotel restaurant. Waitstaff and bartenders were very attentive.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bakersfield, California
“T-Bones gets an A+ in our book”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Good service and good quality of food. The staff was prompt on filling beverages and accommodating our family.

Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
“Very good staff and food delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Dinner was delicious with good choice of prices. Breakfast was amazing as it was made with as much care as a pricy dinner - good variety, fresh and delicious.

Visited September 2012
McKinney, TX
“Wow - one of the best steaks I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at the Renaissance hotel because I am Marriott Platinum. I live north of Dallas but needed to stay near downtown because of a convention. I was looking forward to eating at some of the famous Dallas restaurants I read about because my meal would be on my company's dime!

Since I was tired, I decided to eat at the hotel the first night because the restaurant, Asador, had a great vibe and looked like something where a high end local would eat. I tried the brisquet sandwich which was incredible! I loved the crunchy onions mixed in with the meat and the spicy ketchup which was a great alternative to bbq sauce. The spicy guacamole and fresh fried chips rocked.

Because my first dinner was so good, I decided to stay in my second night and try the steak. It just might have been the best steak I have ever had (and I love going to Bob's, III Forks, Del Friscos, and Silver Fox - you know, the high end Dallas steakhouses). I got the filet with the grilled onion stuffed with cheese as a side. Normally I just put salt and pepper on my steak, but the sauce was incredible! It was so good that I e-mailed the chef and he gave me the recipe and I am going to make it myself this weekend.

The service was impeccable and I would describe this restaurant as being upscale without being uppity. If you are a tequila fan (which I am not) the bar has a huge selection of the stuff.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Love the mac and cheese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This restaurant had twists on classic foods I love. Mac and cheese with bits of bacon was delicious. Brunch was also good.

Visited September 2012