“Expensive, but tasty!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Dallas Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 3,105 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: St. Paul
Description: Updating the Texas and American steakhouse experience, DRG Concepts’ Dallas Chop House debuted in 2009 to additional culinary acclaim in the Comerica Bank Building in Downtown Dallas at Main and St. Paul Streets. The upscale bar and patio sit directly across from the beautiful Main Street Gardens. Voted on the list “Best Steakhouse in DFW”, DCH offers in house dry aged beef, grass fed filet, and gourmet dishes leaving every guest with a perfect taste of Dallas!
High Point, North Carolina
“Expensive, but tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Recently I attended a conference and I ended up here for dinner in search of a genuine Texas steak. Upon recommendation of the hotel, we gave it a try. The decor was lovely, beige booths and subtle pieces of art work. We were early, so it wasn't crowded. The menu is a la carte, so plan accordingly. I ordered the filet, which at $34 was the cheapest steak on the menu. I also ordered cream corn, which was an interesting side. My water had a thin slice of cucumber, which gave the water a surprisingly wonderful flavor. The server came and told me that there had been a mishap in the kitchen, and there was no cream corn. She replaced it with a baked potato and a side of sautéed spinach for no charge, which was nice. The baked potato was standard fair and the spinach was flavorful. The steak was cooked perfectly and had a great taste. The server wasn't super attentive, but knowledgeable. I also had their donuts, served with ice cream and chocolate sauce. They were a disappointment, especially after beignets in New Orleans. Overall a delicious relaxing dinner, but overpriced in my opinion.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

wirral
“Dreadful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had heard that this was a good standard restaurant and indicative of the best that Dallas has to offer. Whilst the food was good, the service was awful. We had to ask twice for a wine menu, we asked for a dessert menu but did not receive one. Instead the waiter merely reeled off a list of dull sounding desserts. We were not asked if we wanted further drinks after we had finished our main course and instead the waiter was waving our bill at us. Perhaps that is why he seemed ticked off when we asked for the dessert menu? Do yourself a favour and walk across the road to the Wild Salsa where you will have excellent food AND excellent service!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“Can't Miss (forget the price)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

While service is hit or miss (never rude, but often slow or forgetful) the dinner selections whether menu or special are outstanding. During my most recent stay in Dallas I treated myself to the Chop House every other night and often opted for the special like: filet mignon, topped with a layer of mashed potatoes and that topped with grilled lobster & reduction sauce and a top of parsley for color. I get hungry writing this and remembering. The ambiance is comfortable, deep, and elegant but not stuffy. Prices are rich (crummy pun), but worth it.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Really?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

First the positive: the food was well-prepared and the waiter very knowledgeable and gracious.

Now the hard-to-believe negatives. First, a side door within yards of the main dining room was propped open so that furniture could be delivered (during prime dining hours on a Saturday night, in Dallas, in February). When I asked what could be done about it, the waiter assured me it would be closed in a matter of minutes. I guess 30 minutes is technically a matter of minutes, but it's also a matter of freezing and annoying your patrons.

Second, dessert and coffee were served with a side of overwhelming, acrid chemical stench. Again, I had to ask the waiter about what seemed like an obvious problem. We were told that the cleaning staff was getting a head-start on a part of the restaurant that was not going to be used again that evening, and that they would shut the door to the room they were cleaning. Gee, thanks.

The last unpleasant surprise came when I looked at my receipt the next morning. The Chop House charges $2 extra for serving a drink neat. Not many restaurants do this. (A recent article online at Bloomberg Business week found only one NYC restaurant and one area banquet hall that do.) Those that do so seem to claim that a customer gets more volume of the drink when ice is not used. That's not necessarily so, especially that the majority of restaurants use some system of measuring their pours. Either way, it stinks when you're already paying a premium for everything else on the menu.

All told, there are way too many good steak houses in Dallas to make this one your choice.

Visited February 2013
Stonington, Connecticut
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Somehow I expected more from Dallas. Pretty standard steak house fare. Marrows as an appetizer were a big plus but the rest was fairly run of the mill.

Visited January 2013