“Interesting but not really what I was expecting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dallas Farmer's Market

Dallas Farmer's Market
1010 South Pearl Expressway, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)
214 664 9110
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 90 Activities in Dallas
Type: Flea/ Street Markets, Food & Drink
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: For six decades, the Dallas Farmers Market has been a fixture in downtown Dallas. It has grown into a true Texas treasure, as one of the largest public markets of its type in the country. The Dallas Farmers Market is a one-stop shop for all your produce, meat, floral and specialty-food needs. The Market is open 7 days a week from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
11 attraction reviews
“Interesting but not really what I was expecting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The farmers' market in Dallas is definitely huge with a wide array of fruits, vegetables, plants, spices etc. It was interesting and fun to walk through but we left wondering what it really was. In San Antonio, the Farmers' Market is a place where local farmers can come sell what they are growing. In Dallas, it seemed it was a large place where pretty much anybody just sells fruits and vegetables and stuff from where? Anyways, some of the herbs and such looked very healthy so that may be a good option. Other than that, it was an experience but not really what I had in mind.

Visited April 2014

4 attraction reviews
“Watch what you purchase.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I originally when the the market because I read a book about things to do in the DFW area. They described the DFM really wonderfull. My family and I when on a beautiful friday morning. There was not very many people and everything seemed fine until we really seen the fruits and vegetables when we got home. They display the food in baskets with the best or better stuff on top and the lower grade underneath so you don't really see it when they dump it in the bag. I say the fruits and veggies are okay it you're going to eat them that day, but not really worth the trip. I would say while we were there we came across Frenchie's Bistro and decided to give it a try. I have to say it was the best burger "Caramelized Onion Burger" I have ever eaten in my 28 years of life. I wish I took a picture of it but I will be going back and I'll upload one then. It took the chef a little while to prepare the food so a call ahead would be best. 682-597-2024 but if you know the number then you already know the food.

Visited February 2014
Palestine, TX
“First Time not Disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went on a Sunday Morning around 9:30 am. We could not believe all the produce it was beautiful. We found the prices to be awesome and we bought something from almost every vendor. We did visit shed 2 and the line for Pecan Lodge was already about 20 deep. We will be back soon we want to try the tamale shop in Shed 2. A very relaxing visit on a beautiful morning. The only thing that I thought was weird I could not find a cup of coffee anywhere!!

Visited February 2014
164 attraction reviews
“Grocery rejects”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

The 1 or 2 stalls that are actually farms and the rest are restaurant produce rejects that are to close to being spoiled. Every purchase is molded within a day max. It is a great way to spend a day downtown. Couple restaurants in the buildings, wander through the shops and the flower stores in the spring. Just pay attention when u buy the fruit.

1,749 reviews 1,749 reviews
298 attraction reviews
“Not A Real Farmer’s Market”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

The produce available at this market is for the most part produce that has been purchased at wholesale and then being sold at retail and frankly sometimes more than retail prices in the stores. Occasionally during the growing season , like summer and fall, there will be fresh produce that has been brought into the market. This would include watermelons that have come from the Valley. There is not a lot of produce grown in the north Texas area thus buying locally brown produce is just a misnomer.

Visited December 2013

Been to Dallas Farmer's Market? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dallas Farmer's Market, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.