“Can never go wrong with hampton :)” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1718 North Cockrell Hill Road, Dallas, TX 75211   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #33 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Can never go wrong with hampton :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Im a 36 year old single mom who travels very often with family. I Stayed here for weekend trip to visit friends in the area. Paid $89 a night for double beds. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Hotel and the rooms are clean and new. The free breakfast is always a plus when you have kids. Thy have a very nice outdoor pool and a warm hot tub. We will probably stay at this location every time we come to Dallas. There was also a Taco Bell, KFC, sonic, Chili's, Walmart and numerous stores and food chains on the exit that are also new to the area. I 100% recommend this Hanpton Inn. :)

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed in 8 hotels in the last few weeks, including other Hamptons and various new suite hotels. For 2 people in off season, mid week, September 19, this hotel $113 ($127.69 with tax) was the most expensive. It is fairly new, well located but we will not return because of the cost. Still cannot believe that neither employee we spoke with, first when we made the reservation and later as we were driving into Dallas looking for the hotel, could tell us what exit number off I-30 we needed to take. In addition, neither employee offered to find out for us.

Room Tip: ask for a non-connecting room, top floor, quiet side of building, away from elevator
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

If you have an event at the Dallas Convention Center and you are looking for a very reasonable yet comfortable hotel, you should definitely consider the Hampton Inn Dallas at Cockrell Hill. I was in Dallas for 5 days and 4 four nights to attend an event at the convention center and I am so glad I stayed at this Hampton Inn.

This hotel is right off of the I-30, and is a very short and easy 8-minute drive to the Dallas Convention Center (and the rest of downtown Dallas, for that matter). Room was large, very comfortable beds, good size bathroom, quiet, lots of free parking, and free internet. They have a free breakfast, but it really wasn't much to speak of. It is also very close to a number of fast food eateries (there are actually 3 that are adjacent to the hotel's parking lot and a few more down the street), as well as a Starbucks (with a drive-thru) and a Walmart in a shopping plaza that was just on the other side of the freeway (about a 3 minute drive away). This hotel was perfect for my needs while I was in Dallas. So glad I stayed here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We found this hotel On June 10-june10, 2012, after looking for about an hour and a very long debate on looking for a place that looked nice enought to park a car overnight. It looked nice, well lit parking area and security patrolling around and lots of cameras surrounding the building. We checked in close to 2 am. The staff was extremely friendly. Even at 2am. The room was very nice. The beds were very comfy. Tv was not so good in quality. You couldn't really hear or see it. It was very dim. The breakfast was very good. We got ready to leave the next day and someone had attempted to break into our car. Luckily they had not been successfully but there was still very expensive damage to our vehicle. We did speak with the Assistant manager who took our information and was very helpful. Unfortunately none of the several cameras surrounding the building point to the parking lot so they really don't serve that much purpose if they don't catch anything. It's ending up costing so much more because of having to fix the car.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Waldorf
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Excellent room - nice and clean and functional. For me this was a very convenient location just off I-30 a few miles from downtown Dallas. I stayed two nights on a weekend and the traffic going into Dallas was relatively light. However, I bet weekdays can be difficult if downtown Dallas is your destination.
As always, the free breakfast at a Hampton Inn was great. That's the main reason I continue to make them my first choice in hotels - that and the overall good value.
I'm still not totally sold on the duvet. It sometimes seems too heavy and I have to set the room temperature low to have a comfortable night under the covers.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
So Cal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The room was very nice; clean and fairly recently redone. Everything worked properly. Bed was comfortable. The room was spacious. My only complaint would be that a train went by at some point after midnight and woke me up. This only happened once.
The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was decent. If in the area, I would stay here again. Just bring ear plugs for the train and the fridge in the room which is a bit noisy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed here on 2-23 and 2-24, 2012A good Hampton Inn with a very good staff and the hotel is in very good condition. My advice is to ask for a room on the east side of the hotel. On the west side there are several drive-thru's that are open very late, if not 24 hours, within only about 50-60' of the hotel. It is very noisy and can definitely disturb your sleep.

Room Tip: On the west side there are several drive-thru's that are open very late, if not 24 hours, within...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas/Cockrell Hill I-30? Share your experiences!