“A Lovely New Years Eve at Battuto” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Frankford
Dallas, Texas
“A Lovely New Years Eve at Battuto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Delish, and unusual! They had a wonderful butternut squash soup especially for New Years Eve! My husband had the cauliflower soup (NO CREAM in it) that is a regular on the menu. I tasted it too... Yum! My husband is a meat eater. I steer towards vegetarian dishes. Battuto had both. I had the Spaghetti Pomodoro and it was quite flavorful. I can't remember what my husband had, but he was very happy! Definitely will go back.

Our waiter was young. He did a fine job, although could tell he was young and still learning. That's no problem for us. The food was great. The young man did just fine (we all have to learn). The manager did check in on our table. A very nice meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Garland, Texas
“Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I were excited to try this place out and arrived on Saturday night around 6:30. Upon arrival, we noted there were at least a dozen tables were open. We were told there were many reservations and they needed to check the books. The initial wait time was 30 minutes. We waited 15 minutes in the wait area and I watched a table near the bar get cleared and sit empty. The host came over and explained they were so booked with reservations that they wouldn't be able to seat us for an hour. Meanwhile, there were still open tables. If you want to go here, you need to make a reservation!!

Dallas, Texas
“Never a disappointment, always a delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and I have been regulars here since their soft opening. We have steadily worked our way through the menu and have yet to be disappointed. Highlights include the bison pasta, the "bacon and eggs" pizza, and yes, even the spaghetti and meatballs. The latter was a little dry for my taste, but a little extra sauce on the side made it a favorite. (Granted, I'm something of a sauce addict. If you're not, it may well be perfect for you as-is.)

If you enjoy cocktails, you're in for a treat as well. They have a relatively small selection of house drinks, but each one is delightful.

But perhaps the best part of any visit is a chance to chat with the owners, Gene and Julie Gates. Former morning show hosts on KVIL, they make a point of visiting with their guests and making every visit special.

I took my boss there shortly after their opening in early spring, and she immediately decided to make it the place for our Christmas party this year. I can't think of higher praise than that!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“What a find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Noticed this restaurant driving by recently. Decided to try tonight. Thrilled!! A local restaurant with great atmosphere and fantastic food. Had the pumpkin filled ravioli with brown butter and sage appetizer. Delicious!! Every bite! For my entree had the wild boar ragu with butternut squash over pasta. Again, outstanding. Our waitress was knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the food she was serving. You could tell she loves to eat there too!! Loved the ambiance. Will return often.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dallas, Texas
“Like being invited into someones home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Food is consistently amazing. Rome in North Dallas. Advantegaurde, but traditional. In my top 5 in the Metroplex!!!! Pannacotta, whipped heaven.

• Visited November 2013