You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75240   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #57 of 193 Hotels in Dallas
Corpus Christi
“Suite Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for 3 nights and 4 days as a mini vacation to scope the city. Upon entering, the manager himself greeted me and checked me in and was very courteous. When I asked if rooms had mini fridges, I was surprised to learn that most rooms don't for some reason and he made sure to check all available rooms to accommodate my needs but alas I was in no luck. But he was most helpful in trying, never without a smile on his face to meet my needs. That was very sweet of him.

My stay was very comfortable and pleasant. The room felt a tad small for my tastes but it was still cozy and nice. I loved the flexible reading lights that were attached to the bed frames the most. I made very good use of them at night during my readings. I didn't get to enjoy the cable much because my t.v. was faulty and none of my channels tuned up. The only channel I got good reception without disruption was Cartoon Network, strangely enough, which I found hilarious.

The indoor pool is small, clean, and quiet. I enjoyed a calm and relaxing swim every morning. Breakfast was a tad mediocre. There are the usually eggs, biscuits, and sausage but tastes were generic. There were bagels but no cream cheese, just jam. Sadly, no waffles or pancakes either. I had breakfast only once and the other mornings I just had coffee and a banana. I guess I wanted more bang for my buck because the dining area is spacious and beautifully designed. The food just didn't reach up to par. Parking was interesting because they give you a parking slip to put on the dashboard of your car, but there aren't any gates or patrol. But overall, Holiday Inn was very much a sweet stay.

Room Tip: Most rooms do not have a fridge, if you need one make sure to reserve a room with one.
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Checked in after a rough day, Robert and Dalion at the front desk immediately changed my mood and welcomed me to the property in such a fun and professional way. Great asset to the Hotel! Room amazing, new and stylish, very clean. Room was quiet as can be, great night sleep. Will definitely stay again and sure hope to see Robert and Dalion at the front desk when I get there!

• Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Everything was great. Room was fresh and clean as well as the rest of the property.
Breakfast was everything HIE advertises and the coffee was good too! Checked in a couple minutes past three o'clock and there were another couple checking in in front of me. All of a sudden I hear this nice young lady say "I'll check you in over here", and so she did. I overheard what I assume to be her superior say " thanks for staying past your off time to check in these people". Now how nice is that? Instead of me having to wait this staff member went above and beyond to make our stay more comfortable. Well done and thanks!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear LynnF,

I am so happy you had a great experience with us while visiting the Dallas area. We encourage our employees to be the best and we expect nothing less. I hope you can come visit us again soon. Thank you for staying with us.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here for 5 nights, the first part of our travels was pleasure followed by a couple of days of business.
The overall look of the room left the impression that this was a fairly newly renovated hotel? Updated décor in the rooms and lobby was nice. The carpet in our room was not the cleanest, could use a good shampooing. The gym seemed to only get attention every few days as I would observe the same trash left behind by other guests and equipment appeared to not have been wiped down even though bleach wipes were provided by the hotel. I'm a big workout person, so gym is extremely important to me.
The breakfast area was average, clean and well staffed. If I showed up close to 10 and food was running out, the kitchen staff was eager to please, even if it was just a bagel and fruit. Kudos to them!
The hallway on the second floor where we stayed needed help for sure, the first night of our stay it looked like somebody had dropped food and scattered it all over the carpet. I kept thinking, housekeeping surely would clean up this terrible mess but the never showed, the mess was still there the next morning.
Due to a late flight out of Dallas, I ended up having to get late check out, which may not have been communicated to the housekeeping or what looked like a manager, as both appeared in the room without even identifying themselves before entering.
So the lack of communication and cleanliness definitely took away from our overall experience.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Ben H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Tnrunrgrl262,

I first want to thank you for staying with us. I know you have a choice of hotels and we are glad you choose us. Please know we are going to take you feedback and make sure we handle each of the problems you explained. I will also make sure our departments communicate better in the future. Once again thank you and please let me know when you return so I can make sure we deliver a 100% great stay.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked a double queen room online, and when we arrived we were told they had overbooked and offered us a handicap accessible king room instead. When I explained that we were a family of four, we were offered a rollaway bed. We were also asked to roll it to our room. A maintenance guy stepped up to do that for us. Since it was late at night we decided to try and make it work. Needless to say the rollaway bed was horrible, and we all ended up crammed into a single king bed. Since the room was handicap accessible, there was no bathtub for the little kid. Other problems included a shower that wouldn't shut completely off, the room only had enough towels for one person, and there were no towels in the pool area. I'm a confirmed Marriott customer after this experience.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear czar36,

I am so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations upon your recent stay with us. We strive to make this the best hotel and we did not deliver that to you. Please reach out to me at gm@hiedallas.com to discuss what happened in detail. Once again I apologize and hope to hear from you soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at this property in July 2015. Tucked away off Preston Rd, this hotel is very conveniently located off the LBJ freeway. The hotel's modern, ultra chic look is tasteful, but the decor adds to the overall noise in the hallways and room. Especially those in proximity to the lobby area. Parking can be difficult late at night and the parking area can be somewhat sketchy. Overall, it's worth staying here for short stays. Beds and pillows are comfy.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Vortmax36,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We hope you can give us another try on your return visit to the DFW area.

General Manger
Nixa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2015

Conflicting info with reservation. My reservation was made over the phone and when i arrived the price was different. I was not very pleased! I also was unable to find the confirmation that she said was "on it's way right now". Robert at the front desk did honor the quoted amount for which I was grateful. The room was huge...the largest I had ever had. Clean facility. I was happy with my breakfast as I actually ate the sausage gravy (only second time in all my travels) and they even had ham slices one morning as well. The facility is quite modern in decoration. the road construction was frustrating at times. Would gladly stay here again. Thanks for the nice stay.

Room Tip: ask for a fridge and microwave if needed -don't take for granted
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled solo
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, July 22, 2015
I am so pleased to here that Robert was able to solve you issue with the rate. I know that the construction is a little bit of a hassle but it will make it much more accessible once it is all said and done. Hope to see you soon. Thank you for staying with us.

Ben Hernandez