You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75240   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #41 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really enjoyed my stay here. I am originally from Dallas and come back to visit a few times each year. I usually stay with family but for this occasion a few other family members came to visit so I decided to get a room. The room was very clean, spacious and up to date. I really liked the way the shower was set up. The parking wasn't bad for me, it's just getting to the hotel during this time was a little crazy because of the construction on 635 which had the Preston exit all messed up. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This Holiday Inn is nice , clean & modernised ..our room was huge & was actually had a lil more than we expected. Very comfortable ! The only complaint we have is that the pool was a lil cold ..it being indoor & the weather being cold we were hoping for it to be nice & warm . Also , when we check in , the rep seemed a lil rude & discontent.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback about your visit. I am very pleased that you have regarded our rooms to be clean and modern. However, I regret any inconvenience you may have experienced with the service received from our staff and if the facilities' condition particularly the pool was a disappointment. We will have this addressed in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Again, thanks for your time and our apologies for the inconvenience.

Pam G
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2015

Stayed two nights, I'd have to say this hotel was just ok. The room was not ready upon arrival which was a little after 4pm. I noticed very quickly that the common areas could be a bit cleaner. The elevator floor was dirty the whole time. The carpet in the halls could use a good cleaning. Utility/cleaning room doors were left open which just looked messy. I did not use the pool but on glance it looked a bit cloudy (maybe because it was heated - not sure did not check). Took the back stairway and regretted it, the stairway was unclean and had random materials stored there. The room was okay, clean for the most part, nice modern look. They use bath and body works products which is cool. The breakfast wasn't bad, had different options to choose from. People were a bit noisy in the halls, but I believe it was guest and not employees. The location is right off the freeway, there is a lot in the area. The hotel is very close to the Galleria, which is nice. It was a decent stay.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators is probably less noisy.
Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear tashae29,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is lovely to hear you found our location convenient. However, we regret falling short of your expectations with regards to the overall cleanliness of our facilities. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for your time and for staying with us.

Connie D
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

I booked this hotel because of the reviews and the newness of it.... I have to say that the stay was ok.. but with some issues. Let me also say this upfront. I am a hospitality professional in management in my career life and I know how things are supposed to be done.. I am also an avid traveler and I research hotels and destinations to death before I book anything

Decor: The hotel itself is very clean, modern, stylish and welcoming. The rooms are clean, roomy and comfortable

Breakfast: Express type.. had a pancake maker but no waffles.. nice..

Perks: Free Wi-fi, Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Gym, Pool, Only one computer in the business center tho...

The issues: I had a room on the third floor.. it was a room by the fire exit. The first night we arrived around 2 130 am as our flight was delayed and we went right to sleep.

The 2nd night is when the problems came about. There was this loud noise coming from the bathroom.. I mean it was loud. I closed the bathroom door and I could still hear it. around 1 am I called the front desk to let them know and the lady who worked that night stated that she heard of that before and let her call maintenance.. She called back and stated that maintenance said to flush the toilet.. REALLY how many times do you think we flushed the toilet just from regular use.. I told her that made no sense But I would try it.. she stated she would call maintenance and then call me back again.. She called back and stated maintenance stated that I just need to keep flushing the toilet or they can come an shut the valve off. really.. really.. so no bathroom use. At this point I was fed up and told her that my child and I would just put some headphones in and go to sleep. She did not offer to change my room. I stayed these dates Jan 16-18.. so by that you should know who was working that night..
I also recorded the noise and I will try and upload the video so you can hear it.

Now the next day on the 17th around 9 am I spoke to the guest services rep and she couldn't believe that my room was not changed when I called. She put in the request to have my room changed. Later that night there was a gentleman working and he moved us to the new room. He was very helpful and friendly.. However the room had no heat.. I mean NO HEAT.. by this time i was so tired and upset my daughter and I just decided to stay and go to sleep since we were leaving the next day anyway.

The next morning when checking out I spoke to guest services again and he awarded me some points and that was very kind of him however I feel Like it wasn't good enough. I hate to be this way but my hotel experience was just bad this time around and restless due to the issues.
I probably will not stay here again and thats a shame due to the fact it is such a nice hotel.

Here is the link to the video I recored with the loud sound coming from the bathroom!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, February 19, 2015
Dear MZPASTRYCHEF,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the clean and comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast, public facilities and WIFI connection. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience because of the problems you experienced in your room mainly with bathroom noise and room temperature. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. Rest assured that these aren't reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves in.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

Visually this is a very good looking hotel. I really like IHG has done w/ this line of hotels. Still moderately priced and now very well appointed.

Check in: was a breeze as always, although I am a Priority Club member so everything was ready when I got there.

Location: The location is kind of strange. Since it's directly off of the expressway the Uber drivers had a difficult time finding out how to get to the front door exactly.

Rooms: I would say perfect... BUT, just like reviewer Amelia B, I absolutely smashed my shin into the corner of the wood bed frame. I did learn my lesson after that first cringe-worthy shin destruction and did not hit my leg on it again. Other than that the rooms are great. The shower is a little strange, but I see what they were going for aesthetically.

Service: I only got to experience one front desk person and she was very nice each time.

By the way, did Priority Club members stop getting the USA Today by their door? Or maybe I'm just not cool enough anymore for that.

I would choose this hotel every time I am in the area.

Room Tip: Be a Priority Club member
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Fletcher
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015

It is a very nice clean modern hotel! I will stay here again when I visit dallas. I didn't eat the breakfast even though it was complimentary. And now I'm just filling space because it had to be 200 characters long lol.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Incline Village, Nv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night and that was enough. Aesthetically, the hotel is nicely done inside and pleasing to the eye.
Check-in was a little painful as the young woman at the counter appeared a bit inexperienced. She was very friendly, though. We had requested a room AWAY from the elevator; the room we received was directly across from the elevator. Being tired we decided not to change rooms. Again, the room itself was nicely decorated, nice looking furniture. However, I earned 3 bruises to my shins that one night because of the design of the bed. The wooden frame stuck out far enough from the mattress that I kept running into the edges. The bed itself was very comfortable to sleep in.
The bathroom had inadequate counter space, inadequate towel racks and although the walk-in shower looked nice its design was not practical in use.
The hotel is in a great location and the price was fair. But I do not believe we will ever stay there on future visits to see family in Dallas.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, January 13, 2015
Dear Amelia B,

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us. It is great to read you like the convenient hotel location and comfortable bed. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the service received at check in, noise levels and some aspects of the room amenities. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable feedback as this our best resource of improving guest services.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back our way.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)? Share your experiences!