“Clean, comfy rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75240   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #35 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Monette, AR
“Clean, comfy rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here for three nights while in town for a workshop at TWU. I was traveling with 6 high school students. We all enjoyed our stay here. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in, and the place was very clean and quiet.

The only negative would be the fitness center. It's small, which didn't really bother me since there was nobody else in there with me. What bothered me was the display on the exercise bike was messed up, and the control buttons didn't seem to work correctly, making it difficult to get my workout started. My key card also wouldn't open the door, but I got the front desk clerk to let me in.

Overall, I can't say that the fitness center issued was that bad because we got a great deal on the place through Hotwire.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Traceyyt,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. We are sorry to hear that you experienced some trouble with the equipment and door to the fitness center. We will certainly have it looked at and make sure it is brought back to proper working conditio. We look forward to any future return trips to Dallas you may have coming up. Thank you again for review.

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very clean hotel with awesome staff. Gerry at the front desk is awesome and very helpful. He always goes the extra mile for the guests. As a business traveler (Platinum) and stay over 150 nights a year you really appreciate great service. One night at 10 pm and I was watching a HBO special when the service went out. So I called the front desk and spoke with Gerry and he told me no worries hed call Time Warner cable and get it fixed and fixed it was in 30 minutes he had the technican there and I was finishing my special. So thanks to Gerry, Ben, Torrie for an awesome stay for the 4th week.

Room Tip: request an upgrade to a suite
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear RichC07,

Thank you so much to taking the time to share with us about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. It was great to hear that Gerry was able to take care of your television issues so quickly and effectively. You were certainly a please to have as an extended stay guest with us and we all look forward to seeing you then next time your work brings you back to the Dallas area. Thank you again for sharing with us, we will see you again soon.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Overall, this was a great hotel. The rooms were beautiful and clean; everything had been recently renovated. The modern decor didn't detract from the overall comfort of the rooms. I would definitely stay here again if business brings me back to the immediate area. The only complaints were that it was difficult to get to, as it was on a one way access road, which required a bit of looping around through a neighborhood. The gym was a bit tight. While it had nice equipment, it didn't really have the extra space I wanted to stretch, or do more body-weight type exercises. The elevators were frustratingly slow and the elevator lobby smelled like the bathroom in it (ok, well like products used to clean it). Like I said, I'm a big fan of a clean, comfortable room, and this definitely has that to offer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear MattH,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. We realize that with the construction in the area it can be difficult to navigate to and from the hotel as it changes almost daily and GPS's cannot keep up. We like to encourage all of our guests to call us if they are having any trouble getting to the hotel. Because we do drive it everyday, it is sometime easier to just talk to the place. I'm sorry that you felt the gym space was too small and did not give you adequate space to stretch and exercise space. I also apologize for you not being fond of the cleaning products we were using and I'm sorry you felt them to be over powering. We just like to make sure we keep a very clean property, so we are in the lobby and by the elevators quite frequently to attend to them. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

My mother and I booked this hotel for the convenience of its location to my Dr appointment. It is rather difficult to get to no matter the direction you come from.
Upon check in several people were waiting and they couldn't find my reservation because booking.com screwed up so that wasn't their fault. But it did take me forever to get things straightened out and one of the managers finally came out and started helping.
The hotel is beautiful and our beds were so comfy. The bathrooms were a little thrown together by the contractors. We had some issues with our shower but not enough to deter us.
It all went horribly wrong when we woke up at 2 a.m. covered in sweat. After an hour of fiddling with the busted thermostat my mother called down to the front desk and he said he would over ride the system and reset it from there. Still nothing and you can forget relying on the ceiling fans...we thought we were going to be dismembered from it flying off its brackets. I finally had enough around 4 and decided to go to the gym.
After returning to the room and showering up we went to breakfast and the food there was a nice spread of waffles fruit yogurts etc. When we returned to our rooms our room keys didn't work so we had to trek back to the lobby to get them changed. One of them still didn't work but we had to be off to our appointment. I again had them fix the keys and again the opposite key didn't work. We promptly checked out and I informed the girl at the front desk about the a/c and ceiling fan again. She said for me not to worry that they'll get it fixed. Like I care now that I'm checking out? Certainly didn't offer to make it right. My mother wrote in to tell them how we were dismissed and 3 emails later we still have no word. Apparently they didn't get the ac issues fixed either judging by some of the comments.
Thank you holiday inn for not caring.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Staci E.,

I would like to have an opportunity to discuss your stay with you in further detail. When you have a moment if you would either call me directly at (972) 404-4500 or email me directly at gm@hiedallas.com I would greatly appreciate it. Ben Hillesheim, General Manager
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We have just left this place and firstly I can confirm the the staff are all very hepfull here ,
parking is good ,is not a bad price for what you get ,breakfast was basic but all you need,
rooms are your normal size no fridge ,a/c that's doesn't cool the room well and must switch off at night so we thought ok there is a ceiling fan lets use that, until we got it running then the freeway noise is blocked out by the scrapping fan ,room cleaner left a glass stain mark on the bench for our entire stay so that says poor standards to not wipe down these benchs every day.
the ice is way at one end and only on the first floor ,there is not one on each floor like nearly everywhere we have stayed at.
There is nothing close by and the traffic is hell up until about 11 pm at night so hope you have a high room at back or you wont be sleeping.
the pool was closed when we got there , a fact checkin staff didn't think would be a problem we where told , well it is a problem and yes I checked your web site after I was checked in had I been told before we would have gone elsewhere,
that said the manger did cut the room rate as a token but really that's information people should be told at check in not after.
this hotel has no bar nor is there within a $15 cab ride so factor the $30-40 you will need spend to go get dinner and have a drink if your staying here.. oh if you need a matress store your fine there one next door .
oh one last think the wake up call doesn't work tried it both days and did a test time ,

Room Tip: ask if the construction is finished if the answer is no go elsewhere if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ben H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Freda289,

We are sorry to hear about all the troubles you had while staying at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. We agree that the construction to the road out front is a challenge and it is getting better every day. We are all looking forward to it being completed. Also, I am very sorry that I did not inform you of the pool when checking in, unfortunately it was not at the forefront of my mind as it should have been. I am shocked to hear that you were having trouble with the AC system as it is usually not a factor but obviously it was during your stay and I am sorry to hear that. Although your room did not have a refrigerator or microwave, all of our suites on the property do come equipped with those amenities for the guests. Because we are a Holiday Inn Express we are a limited service property and do not have a restaurant or bar on site. There are however over 300 restaurants and bars within a 5 mile radius of the hotel and some as close as across the street. I’m sorry you were not made aware of these clearly. As this is the second time in the past few days we are hearing about the wake up calls we are getting that looked into right away and will have it corrected. Again, I am sorry you had so many troubles with your stay but we do appreciate you letting us know where we fell short so we can improve on the areas we have control over. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Dallas area.
Addison, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I talked to Quinny over the phone and she checked to see if I could get an early check-in and I did!! As I said in a previous review, I see why Quinny is always mentioned because she goes above and beyond for the guests. Everything I asked her to do, she did it with no hesitation. About 8 people were waiting to check-in in front of me and she checked all of them in in under 10 minutes and even explained the process about breakfast, wifi and the parking passes. I used to be the GM at The Hilton and I know good customer service when I see it. Thanks a lot Quinny! I will make sure your GM knows he or she has a star player on their team!!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Mrs_BarbaraCox,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. We will make sure Quinny knows how much you appreciated her service and we all agree with you that she is great with the guests. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.
Abilene, Texas USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here on Tuesday May 27th. We had stayed here before and enjoyed pool and hot tub. We were really looking forward to sitting in hot tub but found out they had cemented it over. Besides the fact if you miss the entrance it is several miles back around to try entrance again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Richard L,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. We certainly sypathize with you that due to the road construction it is a chore to get back to the hotel if you happen to miss the entrance. The next time you are headed this way we would love to be able to assist you in finding the easiest way as we drive in the construction daily and see the changes. I also apologize for the lack of the hot tub. We had far too many construction issues with it that forced us to seal it off. I agree it is a loss to the overall property. We hope you will give us a call the next time you are coming to the Dallas area. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiece with us.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)? Share your experiences!