You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75240   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Superb Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend with the family. A suite (two queen beds and a pull out sofa) were perfect for our family of five. Our boys (ages 6 and 3) shared one of the queens while my wife and I share the other queen, and our 9 yr old daughter took the pull out. To accommodate all five of us so well, any place else would have been hard pressed to beat the $117 per night rate we got through Hotels.com.

Positives: new, nice decorating, location, room size, indoor pool was great for the kids, free breakfast, staff.

Negatives: beds are a little hard, no restaurant or lounge.

Room Tip: For a large party, the suite is worth it for the pull out couch. But don't expect an extra room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
hiedallas, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We appreciate you leaving your valued feedback about your stay at our hotel. We are glad the room was to your liking and fit your family well. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

DO visit this hotel if you want value, wonderful staff clean rooms, and a service second to none, the first person I met was Brandon and I wish I could take him back to the UK with me, he is amazing his help, attitude and attention to deteail is exlempoary, a credit to Holiday Inn, and such a pleasure to meet. May i also mention Lisa the manager kind, funny and she makes the hotel as welcoming as she can, I felt I was sotpping with a friend, also Jorge was a lovely man who had time whenever I needed help, also not forgetting Blain who is a true gentleman, all in all hard working staff, keeping the high standards, and friendly at all times. I must add I tried the eggs after reading a bad review and I am impressed along with the free buffet breakfast they wew lovely, as was all the food offered. The value for money this hotel offers is amazing, and even though road construction is going on right in front of the hotel ( totally beyond their control ) I still slept well in a front facing room, I was comfortablr and had plenty of pillows, if I could find a fault to sound ballanced I would but I can not fault this lovelt hotel, my thanks to all for a smashing stay for 6 days, I would be happy to stop again anytime, I think Holiday Inn want too look after this team as they make this hotel magic, I will always remember Brandons welcome and help, and to each of you my thanks for keeping me safe and comfortable, regards from Mrs T Bowyer

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mrs. T Bowyer,
We are so happy that you stayed with us and that we had the pleasure of meeting you on your trip to Texas. Each and every one of my employees talked about how sweet you were. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and our staff. We truly look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Texas!
-Janice
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I checked in on Saturday, March 23 for just one night. The front desk clerk was very nice when we checked in. The hotel is new so it is very clean, and the decor of the entire hotel was very modern. The hotel has an indoor pool which is heated but not very big. The gym has 2 treadmills, a bicycle, and a scale. The room we stayed in had 2 queen beds which were very firm. The only thing the room was missing was a mini fridge. The bad part of this hotel is that there is construction on the entire LBJ freeway. Due to the construction there is backed up traffic right in front of the entrance to the hotel, since there is only one lane open. The hotel doesn't give you any notice of construction before booking. Also, they will not work with you if you need a late check out. I tried to get a late check out but when I called the clerk said they already had too many late checkouts for the day. He wouldn't even allow 30 minutes extra. I did stay an extra 30 minutes regardless of him saying no and they just kept calling being very rude. And please be sure to check your credit card statement because what your bill says is not what they actually charged your card.

• Stayed March 2013
hiedallas, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Xtina0920,

We appreciate you staying at our hotel and we value your feedback. We’re glad you were able to enjoy many of the amenities of our hotel. We apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. We have reviewed the importance of offering late check outs for our guests with our staff. Please feel free to contact us if you feel there is any issue with your bill. 972-404-4500
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our group was in town for a volleyball tournament. We rented out almost 1/2 of this establishment's rooms (had about 40+ families). Instead of being welcomed at the front desk, we were greeted with a list of rules that we were to follow and threatened to be removed from our room with no refund if there was any issue. The front desk clerk, Brandon, came across as condescending and rude. I felt like he would have rather we had stayed just about anywhere else. We were required to sign a form saying that our children were to be in their rooms by 10 pm and that they were to never go barefoot. While I certainly understand that a hotel would want to protect the environment for its other guests, the way this is presented is just plain rude. There are a LOT of places to choose to stay in the Dallas area.

The rooms were clean and spacious. Beds were quite hard, but not uncomfortable. Our room had a strange walk in, tile shower which was super small. I am a thin person and I felt crowded and claustrophobic. Most worrisome was how slippery the floor of this shower is. If I were this hotel, I would correct this ASAP before someone has a bad fall.

The free breakfast was great and they had it set up early for us which was extremely helpful. The morning desk staff was very pleasant as was every housekeeping and maintenance person I came in contact with.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
hiedallas, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Rach98N,

I want to take a minute and say thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We value each and every comment.

I would also like to apologize to you for the way the Good Neighbor Policy was approached. It is not meant to be presented in a negative light. We try our best to protect not only our guests but other patrons of the hotel as well.

I have gone ahead and passed your comment onto the appropriate parties and I am confident we will try better in the future to ensure each guest is made to feel welcome.

Lisa Morakabian
Lampasas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

So I read a lot of reviews prior to booking this hotel and my expectations were much higher than what occurred. I also thought the negative reviews were minor things that were just from someone's perspective. But in our case, those little negative things did make a disappointment.

The pros were: it was clean and the staff seemed very friendly. The breakfast was good.
Cons: the construction right in front of the hotel was a nuisance to get in and out of.
The indoor pool was not heated,as I was told when I called the hotel, it was very cold. And then the hot tub was too hot. We saw several families get very disappointed, going from the pool to the hot tub and vice versa. Out of all the hotels I have stayed at, I have never been to one where the temperature settings were so off. It was a huge disappointment, especially when you want to relax after a long day. So basically, you either froze to death in the pool or died of heat stroke in the hot tub!
Also, the beds were a little too hard. The bathroom sink was very high and with a basin in the middle, it made it difficult to lean into the mirror to apply make up.
Lastly, I heard a distinct conversation in the bathroom from guests next door. That was a first!
Oh, one more thing, the windows had locks, but they were easy to open up and there were no screens, so not safe for children at all! If all the of the cons do not bother you, then it is in perfect location for North Dallas and it was a clean place.

Room Tip: Unless there are rooms that have them, ours did not have a frig. or microwave.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear K J,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations and we regret you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your honest feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Magnolia, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Yes the construction around the hotel is atrocious, but getting around it is very easy! This location is our new favorite because it is so close to the Galleria, a very short drive to the Stonebriar shops, and quick access to the outlet malls, etc. We are normally here on weekends so I know the traffic during the week in the area is terrible. We are Platinum with Holiday Inn and stay in many of these. This one is very well done. Though I must say the tile in our king suite looked to be done by a three year old. I hope they got a refund! Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013
hiedallas, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area), responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express North Dallas at Preston. We value your business not only as a guest but also as a PLATINUM Priority Club Member.

We strive for excellence each and every time with each and every guest. We are so elated to hear your enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the North Dallas/Galleria area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel is a great bargain for a beautiful, quiet room. Very comfy beds. Staff is super! My favorite hotel in Dallas for the price! It was quiet, even with construction on LBJ. I will definitely be back. Close to shopping and Medical City.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your most recent stay. We do strive for excellence each and every time with each and every guest.

I have shared your comments with the staff and we do appreciate your positive recognition.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Dallas/Galleria area.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)? Share your experiences!