“Best Place to Stay in Dallas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6055 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75240   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #34 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Best Place to Stay in Dallas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family stayed at this Hotel at the start of our holiday and liked it so much we returned before we flew home to England. The Hotel is conveniently situated for shopping, restaurants and all routes into and around Dallas. The staff were extremely helpful, especially the General Manager, Reaz Chowdhury, who was very keen to make sure all his guests were happy with their stay. The rooms were lovely and the breakfasts were good. What more could you want. Road construction is going on nearby but is out of earshot of the hotel and will probably be finished soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had a wedding in Dallas and spent the weekend here .. the room was lovely .. the decor was very attractive .. breakfast was good, but most of all the staff, especially Tracy were extremely helpful. Tracy went over and above, taking us to pick up our rental car, showing us where shops were and even taking us, after a late checkout, to the wedding venue.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was in Dallas for two weeks of treatment at a medical clinic. The room was great. The breakfasts were really good...real food ..hot meals with a lot of variety. But the staff really made my trip wonderful : Reaz.,Tisha, Brandon, Blaine, Tracy, Dewayne, Lucio were fun, kind, helpful and I'd like to go back and visit Dallas just to see them all again. The free shuttle service made my trips to my medical center easy and the staff made good recommendations for dining and entertainment. Staying at this Holiday Inn Express was not only smart ...it was fun!

Room Tip: No tip for this
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

traveled with 4 adults and 3 kids we got a suite and it worked out great! Tracey at the front desk was very nice and very helpful. She definitely made us feel welcome. The hotel is beautiful all over and its very clean! The one thing we just did NOT like was the area where its located there is a lot of construcion going on and it was VERY hard to find it but then again once we got there it was a great relieve.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed here three times in the last year and a half, each time for a minimum of 2 nights. I first chose this hotel based on reviews here, and now have a few things to add myself. Here are the pros and a few cons. Overall the pros greatly outweigh the cons, and I will happily stay here again--it is always a good price for a more than decent hotel.

Pros:
First, the location is very convenient. It is close to the Galleria, close to the North Dallas Tollway, and is right off the LBJ freeway. You can get anywhere in Dallas in not a lot of time--well depending on traffic, which in Dallas, is legendary. Yes, there is a ton of construction, but that's not the hotel's fault, and every hotel in 5 miles or more is effected by it.

The rooms are nice--a good size and clean. The hotel is decorated in an upscale funky kind of theme, but it works. I have had the rooms with the walk in shower only, and the one with the tub, but is supposedly smaller. I would happily stay in either. The AC works well and is quiet. I liked having an overhead fan in the room over the bed. In the 100 degree heat the days we stayed, it really kept the room comfortable. The beds are comfy and the best thing--the rooms are exceptionally quiet. I never heard any road noise, or even noise from the hall, and I am a very light sleeper. I have had rooms on different floors and different sides of the building all with no noise problems. Kudos for the soundproofing!

Breakfast is standard HIE, which is pretty good. I could have wished for more fresh fruit choices than just apples, but the rest was perfectly fine--eggs, a variety of breads, yogurt, juice, a pancake station, and of course, HIE's signature cinnamon rolls. The breakfast area/lobby is spacious and clean, with a large tv, a cosy fireplace when it gets chilly, and plenty of seating. The breakfast station was kept well stocked on all three of our stays at this hotel.

The Staff here are great. I have not met a single one who is not super friendly, helpful and just does a really great job making your stay all that you want it to be. The last time I stayed I was warned on check in that there was going to be an event in their ballroom with a DJ, and that I might hear vibrations, but that it would be over by midnight. When I replied that we go to bed early, and that I am a light sleeper, the staff member moved me to a room at the opposite end of the building--problem solved with no fuss. That made me happy.

Cons:

The wifi is free, but strength is spotty. I have had one room with great wifi, one with weak, and the last one, it was so weak it was not useable. Knowing that this was a potential problem, I brought along my Airport Express and an ethernet cable and set up my own in room wifi using the hotel's in room DSL jack. I don't know why the coverage is so spotty--they have told me they have routers on every floor. This is something the hotel should check on and improve.

The only real issue I have is with the level of cleanliness in certain public areas of the hotel. The guest rooms were just fine. The lack of cleanliness in the public areas was less obvious at the time of my first visit, but by the third visit has become very apparent. Obviously this hotel is popular and gets a lot of use, and it is beginning to show. As part of the trendy modern decor, the downstairs flooring is a metallic looking tile. It shows all kinds of dirt and showed the results of high traffic. It needs more frequent mopping than it apparently gets. The elevators have a lot of shiny stainless steel on the inside, with metallic floors too. Frankly I did not want to even touch anything in there. There were sticky fingerprints on the walls and spots on the floor of the elevator that were a bit off putting. Since the same spots and fingerprints were there all 3 days we were at the hotel, I can only conclude that the elevator rarely, if ever, gets wiped down. Maybe no one ever cleans elevators, but if you are going to use shiny materials that show every speck of dirt, you better keep them clean. The last area is the carpet in the hallways of the upper floors. Frankly, it is filthy--spots, dirty areas all over it. Again, it is a pattern and colors that both call your attention to the carpet and then really show the dirt. Please, hotel management--clean your carpets!!! It's way past time. And I am NOT a clean freak. So if I notice it, it's getting kind of bad.

If I had reviewed this hotel the first time I had stayed here a year and a half ago, I would have given it all 5 stars. I have to take off a star now because of the dirty public areas. But as I said at the beginning of this review, the pros still outweigh the cons and I will continue to make this my Dallas hotel of choice.

Room Tip: If you have small children, be sure and ask for a room with a tub.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed overnight while doing business in the Galleria area. Due to construction it is little difficult to get in and out of the hotel. When arrived front desk with very organized and friendly. Hotel was modern and clean. Room was large. Beds were little hard for my confort but that is a matter of taste. Free breakfast was good and abundant. Definately will stay there when back in area.

Room Tip: Well worth the cost.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Management was great and we appreciated the accommodations.

The only real rants that I have is that one the construction is right "in front of the building" and traffic is a beast! Also, the shower was super small and without a tub. The manager was willing to give us a "smaller" room with a tub, however I preferred to stick with the larger room. The nice thing is, I really did not hear the construction that goes on during the day, unless I was outside. Of course, I would stay again, but definitely not until the construction is over..the street is limited to one lane in front of the building. However, it is in a decent location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas (Galleria Area)? Share your experiences!