“Not impressed.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bread Winners Cafe

Bread Winners Cafe
3301 McKinney Ave, Dallas, TX 75204 (Oak Lawn)
Website
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
“Not impressed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Small menu. Very long wait. The food wasn't all that great. Expensive for just salad and half sandwich. Wouldn't go back. First time there and service took forever. We got stuck in a shift change is what we were told.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Grapevine, Texas, United States
“Don't go to Bread Winners”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The food wasn't good. I ordered a burger and the meat was half the size of the bun. I ordered the burger medium rare and got well done. My wife's veggie cheese sandwich was greasey. The service was horrible. They even tried to over charge us. Don't go here.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
McKinney Tx.
“Shame food is not as good as menu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

There are four of us who go to different restaurants in the metro-plex on Sundays to try them. We go from fine dining to burgers joints. We just like trying different places. Today we chose Bread Winners on McKinney Ave. Since it is Sunday we expected a wait but 2 1/2 hours is beyond our scope. We had the salmon from the benedict section, the salmon from the salad section, chicken fried steak dinner and something else. Not one of us would go back for these selections. Cold food, cold coffee, and the worst service of any restaurant we have been in and we have been in a few. Service was terrible ( I doubt the waiter had more than five tables at once) so that should not be an excuse for the poor service. We found noone interested in whether we had good service or good food and we had neither. We see all these reviews of how wonderful the food is. The bakery items are okay but on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the worse, maybe a 7. We have gone to food markets and had better bakery items. The waiter brought some bakery items about 2 minutes before our lunch came out. Not very good timing. The cost of our meal was unbelievable($100.00 including tip) considering what we ordered and how terrible it was. The McKinney Ave. location is Not a place for us.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
“Just as good the 2nd time around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd visit in just over a month and both trips have been during breakfast. I have to admit the biscuits and gravy were so amazing the first time that I could not resist them again. What I love about this place is the fresh pastries they bring to your table before you order. This trip we were present with a very moist gingerbread and a orange glazed roll sprinkled with pieces of crispy bacon. They have an amazing selection of cakes and assorted pastries to choose from in the front cooler when you come in. The restaurant itself has a homely French bistro feel. It is situated in the middle of a trendy urban setting in downtown Dallas. They have a dinner menu that rivals the amazing selection for breakfast. I was able to steal a bite from my wife's plate, and I say the potatoes were flavored perfectly and were cooked just right. They were "soft" and not overly crispy. I truly hope to make a stop for dinner on my next trip to Dallas.

Visited April 2013
dfw,tx
“Great Menu no matter what time of day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had an out of town guest staying close by, went for dinner and it was great. The atmosphere was quaint and comfortable and our waitress was very attentive and offered suggestions since this was our first time there. Desserts looked like they were to die for but we were cutting back so didn't indulge, this time. I can't wait to go back for the brunch... heard it's one of the best.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere