“Good Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bread Winners Cafe and Bakery

Bread Winners Cafe and Bakery
3301 McKinney Ave, Dallas, TX (Oak Lawn)
214-754-4940
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
New York
“Good Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Went with my boyfriend for a weekday breakfast. They have large portions here so you definitely get what you pay for, neither of us finished our food. They also use fresh ingredients and have a nice heated patio area.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
Mexico City, Mexico
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Went to Bread Winners Cafe after reading all the reviews, and if was ok! Luckily we got there early and did not have to wait, since I would have been disappointed if we would had to wait. The breakfast menu has a good variety but to my liking it was too "tex mex", and I was looking more for basic eggs with some type of meat (bacon, sausage, etc), and most selections, had "weird" greens. I ordered scrambled eggs with black beans which I asked if there we refried, and the waiter said yes, and when I received them, the beans were straight from a can and whole (not refried). I should have ordered the pancakes! Not sure if I would be back, I might give it a 2nd chance.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Delucious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Delucious. Period. Very good service- with a smile and a joke- wide variety for all tastes in cookies and cakes. Bello is, antiques and a warm atmosphere- it has it all

• 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Liked-Really excellent service on this occasion; just impeccable. Friendly, attentive but not overbearing. Food flavours were delicious as usual. The wait for a table was bearable despite its popularity.

Disliked- Nothing really!

Visited November 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Lovely Sunday Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I visited Bread Winners today for brunch with an old friend. This was the first time I had ever visited a BW location and I was not familiar with the restaurant at all.

When I arrived, it was clear there was a wait as there were quite a few groups of people standing around up front. I put my name on the wait list expecting the wait to be 30-40 minutes. Within 5 minutes, my name was called. The restaurant was very busy, but this place knows how to keep things moving without making its patrons feel rushed. In fact, we sat and had a very leisurely brunch for close to 2 hours. I also observed the tables around us. Everyone was enjoying a nice leisurely breakfast without feeling rushed at all.

I believe that one reason this phenomenon was possible is because of the unbelieveable efficiency of their kitchen staff. Within 5 minutes of ordering, we both had our food. The dishes we had were correct, HUGE, and delicious. So fresh and just sooooo good. The server was also outstanding and had achieved the perfect balance of attentiveness without feeling pushy or nosy. Also, the menu had a huge variety of choices, so there was everything from just a traditional breakfast platter to what I would call "fancy brunch food".

Another thing that makes this location really nice is the ambiance. Somehow, even when you are inside the restaurant, they have made it feel like you are sitting on a terrace enjoying some beautiful weather and sunshine. The patio area is also very nice although we dined inside.

The only drawback I see to this place was parking. But hey, you're in a very busy, really nice, popular area of Dallas. Pay the $5 for valet like I did and spend a few hours enjoying Uptown!

In a day where most restaurants are just becoming a clone of the one next door, everything about this place was just refreshing and lovely. It will definitely be first on my list to visit again next time I am in the Dallas area! Check it out- you'll love it too!

• Visited December 2012