“Has gone downhill over the last year.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hibashi Teppan Grill, Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #958 of 3,099 Restaurants in Dallas
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Galleria Mall
Greater Lansing
“Has gone downhill over the last year.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

I'm here every couple months on business travel. I really enjoyed some prior sushi chefs who don't work there anymore, but used to custom make creations and offer complimentary tastes of other dishes. This visit, the restaurant was almost empty and the roll I ordered was so drowned in the topping sauce as to be almost tasteless. Fried sweet shrimp heads were served cold. Finally, I don't understand why they have the loud pulsing techno music on a weekday evening. Probably off my list for return visits unless later reviews improve.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Found this place by dumb luck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Hibashi is a great place, it has a modern decor and feel. The sushi is amazing, and they have a wide selection of Saki. We had a shasmi appetizer, and for our main course we had Philly rolls, Unagi, Star roll, Maui Roll, and tuna and yellow tail sushi. While enjoying every bit of what we had, the sushi chef made us something special and gave us, on the house, a yellow tail cheek. This looked really nasty, but was very good. We will defiantly go back, and I'm trying to get my wife to make the trip to Dallas just so I can go back to Hibashi.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Arlington
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hibashi is a wonderful place to eat. They offer a club experience on Friday and Saturday nights. The shrimp lettuce wraps and stuffed mushroom appetizers are a must have. Our favorite sushi, if you like cooked, are the Mt. Fuji, Pink Panther and Hibashi rolls. They also have the best onion soup.

The experience, no matter how many times we go, is wonderful.
FYI: complimentary valet

Visited August 2012
Washington, DC
“Good food, lousy service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Dont go here at lunchtime if in a hurry. Always seem understaffed.

Visited April 2012
“Something A Little Extra In Every Bite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

I have been to this place a few times and had a decent experience, but something inside of me said to check out the latest Food/Health Inspection and what I feared was confirmed. This place had the LOWEST score possible with NUMEROUS violations in the entire city of Farmers Branch. I would advise NO ONE to visit this place under ANY circumstance! Here is the link for the latest inspection.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere