“A great place for families or a date” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dallas Museum of Art

Dallas Museum of Art
1717 North Harwood, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)
214-922-1200
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Established in 1903, this prestigious art venue features a wide selection of art exhibits, from Ancient Mediterranean to Contemporary Art and Design.
Grapevine, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“A great place for families or a date”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a great museum for families and couples alike or by yourself for that matter. We recently visited on a Saturday afternoon and had a great time. There is plenty to do for the young ones, there is usually an art project that the kids can participate in that is tied in with the exhibits and have something they can take home The younger kids area is fantastic, plenty to do and entertain them with something far more enriching than video games!
We have also visited several times on the Late nights and had a great time, this makes an excellent date or just a night away from the kids. There is so much to see and many excellent pieces in their collection, you definately want to take your time. The gift shop is great but pricey, I see so many things that I want.
We usually take the street car so parking is not an issue. There are plenty of parking lots around that run around $10.00, less if you look. Be careful with the meters, just make sure you read all the rules before parking there or you may wind up with a ticket.
I did not know that it is now free to get into the Art Museum, I thought that their 10.00 admission was quite reasonable but now you have no reason not to visit!

Visited June 2013

Ben Wheeler, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Birthday Art Bash!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Took the whole family to the Dallas Art Museum for my daughters birthday!!! We had a blast, fun for the whole family!

Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Love it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

No matter how many times we go, we always find something new. The special exhibits are very nice, well done. The gift shops attached to the special exhibits are often really good places to pick up a gift--for yourself or others.The staff is very helpful; the shop is nice. Go often---it's FREE!

Visited March 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
11 attraction reviews
“Nice Permanent Collections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Visited the DMA over Memorial Day weekend. It wasn't overly crowded and I was glad that admission is free. You do have to pay to park, and that is $10- not a huge deal. We did not view any of the temporary collections that were being shown at the time as these are at an additional cost and did not appeal to us. However, the permanent collections are very nice and quite voluminous. Expect to see some works by the likes of Picasso, O'Keefe, Manet, De LaCroix, etc. Really a nice way to kill a few hours if this is your thing.

Visited May 2013
Chicago, IL
39 attraction reviews
“Felt Thrown Together”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I love going to art museums. I enjoyed my time here, but there's something about the layout of the museum which makes it feel thrown together. Given the footprint of the museum, there were some galleries that felt almost claustrophobic and others where you had plenty of room to step back and admire the artwork. I honestly felt that some halls just seemed to have a jumble of artwork represented and lacked a theme. I visited the Cindy Sherman exhibit and enjoyed parts of it and had to completely avoid the last sections which was too violent and sexually explicit for me. The day we visited they were serving fish for lunch in the cafeteria and the smell of fish was everywhere which made our visit less enjoyable.

Visited May 2013

Been to Dallas Museum of Art? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dallas Museum of Art, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later