“LOVE IT!!” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1590 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75234   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #7 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
OKC, OK
“LOVE IT!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

This was my second stay at this Omni. LOVE IT! The staff is the sweetest EVER! The rooms are average...1 suggestion: if you're ok w/ a room w/ 2 queen beds, get a corner room (the bathrooms are twice the size of a suite bathroom). We went to the co-ed, indoor hot tub both times I've stayed and it was always empty and very nice (romantic even)! It's nice that it's a business hotel, not many people are there on the weekends. The staff at Dover's and the bar (which both are beautiful) are super nice and become your best friends by the end of your trip! Dinner and breakfast was delicious! Doormen were extremely sweet and courteous every time. Great gym w/ individual locker rooms and sauna. I haven't been in the heated outdoor pool but there were some people in it when I stayed in October. Looked warm enough, and very pretty. Well maintained. Go to the top floor, there's a really neat lounge there w/ TV's and views for DAYS! And no one ever mentioned it to us (or told us NOT to be there ; ). The only problem I found with this hotel is the small bathrooms in the suites and rooms that aren't on the corners. For some reason they are the size of a closet. But other than that..I would recommend this hotel to anyone...be it for a romantice get away, a big or small wedding or a business trip. Very quiet and affordable!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager01, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
Thank you for providing feedback on the Omni Dallas Hotel Park West. We are happy to hear how fond you are of the property and that you have found friends within the staff. Interaction with the guests is definitely one of the highlights of working for Omni Hotels. We hope that you visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Heidelberg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

This hotel stay was for a romantic night away for my wife and i. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. They treated us very well. The room was cozy but the bed was soooo comfortable!
We stayed on the fourth floor and were only a couple of doors down from the elevators and never heard a sound. now i would say that if you are in room 401 you will probably want to change rooms because that room backs right up to the elevator maintanence room and elevators so i would guess that might be annoying.
other then that it very nice and got a great rate. not to far from everything in dallas, you just have to be prepared to have a car and deal with traffic.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
OmniParkWestMgr, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, February 15, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel and share your comments. We were happy to read that you enjoyed your romantic getaway and we hope you will return.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

I have stayed at numerous hotels in Dallas over the past ten years on regular business trips. This hotel is easily the best hotel that I have stayed at over the time interval. Recommended.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel. We are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you again as our guest.
Wilmington, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

Yes, this is a 4 star hotel in terms of rooms and design. The staff was friendly, prompt, and extremely accommodating. I had a hot water issue that took quite a bit of time to fix. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are spacious. The advice I can give is to take a credit card. Every last thing, including starch spray for ironing has a price. ($3.99) Nothing is included. A drink at the bar was $8 and was in a small high ball glass. You will enjoy the hotel, but bring some extra money with you. Concrete prison? I suppose it could be but that was not my view.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of our hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding our staff and accommodations and we hope you look us up again on your next trip to Dallas.
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Stayed at the Omni for 4 nights on business. A prior reviewer hit the nail on the head about noise coming from the elevators. My room was probably 6 or 7 doors down from the elevator and you could hear loud humming as the elevator went up and down ALL DAY LONG! Granted, it was less frequent late at night but an annoyance nonetheless. One expects peace and quiet and a good night's sleep from an Omni hotel. This problem alone would cause me never to stay here again and never to recommend this hotel to anyone else.

I am giving this hotel 3 stars because everything else about my stay was pretty good. The room was clean and spacious and nicely appointed. Service was professional and friendly. Price wasn't bad at $100/night. The location is tolerable but you must be willing to do everything at the hotel or have a car at your disposal to get to any restaurants or shopping. It really is in the middle of nowhere. But, it is convenient to the airport and there are restaurants and strip mall stores only 1 or 2 exits down the road. It's quite a drive to downtown and Dallas traffic can be fairly miserable.

If on business and needing to stay in the area, I had a much more pleasant stay at the Doubletree in Farmers Branch just down the road and would recommend that to others.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your comments following your stay with us. We were disappointed to read that the elevator noise kept you from enjoying your stay. We recently made several major adjustments to our elevator system and it has made a large improvement. We appreciate you also sharing your positive impressions of the hotel and we hope that they will encourage you to stay with us again on your next trip to this area.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

I stayed here once for work. Check in was nice and easy. The rooms are set up perfectly for business travelers, and the rooms are little larger than regular hotel rooms. The outlets to plug stuff in are embedded into the work desk, so you don't have to get on all fours to find a plug..which was real nice. The food in the restaurant is better than OK. The bottled beers are $5.50 each. They even have a "New Wine Bar" which is in the hallway to the restaurant. They specialize in new wines from all over the world. They have new wines come in all the time. They decorate really nicely for Christmas, and the hotel is right off the highway so easy access to many locations in the Dallas area.

I would recommend for general and biz-travelers.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
We really appreciate you sharing your comments from your stay and we hope that you stay with us on your next trip to our area.
Copenhagen, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

Let´s look at the positive side of this place: The food - and service around the food - is consistently great, the rooms are seriously spacious and the staff is really friendly. But I would never recommend this place to anyone, really.

This city hotel is in the middle of nowhere, in a bad sense. It´s placed right at the highway, and the closest location to anything interesting (airport, city, mall) is 8-10 miles and up, with a heavy traffic to deal with. There is absolutely nothing around it besides a slightly tacky new housing area, and the hotel has limited it´s services to get out to a depressing little pool area, just in front of the highway area or a parking lot. Nice for a city hotel...

The service is working, until you start asking questions. With one obvious exception - a young receptionist - I have never in my life heard that many "I don´t know", and gotten so little information about the hotel, the possibilities around, the city - anything. A tourist information? "I don´t know". Where is my conference? "The what? - I can´t find it in the folder".

And yes, the room was huge. But the location at the highway with badly isolating windows gave such a traffic noise that it simply woke me up every morning - too early. If I haven´t already been waken up by the intense noise when a neighbour entered the room, and the door slammed. Kapow! At least the beds were great, so one could enjoy the sleep until the noise got to you. And last, I simply felt like a cash cow in the room. Where other hotels would have information signs or free offers, especially at this price level, here you we got "Buy this", Want to use this, it´s only 6 USD", "Want to see a movie, 19.99 USD" (for ONE regular theather movie). For several days I was wondering if I got a huge bill for using the coffee machine, because there was no sign, but either they forgot or it was simply free. And 7 USD for using a computer at a service center for 15 minutes! Pure cashcowing.

It surely was great texan food and local specialities, but it was also a noisy restaurant, because of the ventilation systems from the open kitchen right next to it. And quite expensive for the local price standard, again.

So yes, it felt like a luxury prison - a nice one, but hey, who wants to pay to go to prison? And if I were a conference planner I wouldn´t feel safe with all the "I don´t know"´s out there. There must be better options in this huge area, especially if you go on a private trip.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West? Share your experiences!