“can be upgraded” 3 of 5 stars

Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1590 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75234   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #4 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Denver, Colorado
“can be upgraded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Not sure if i my review is a little biased after staying a day in the omni mandalay hotel and 2 days in the omni west. the omni mandalay rooms were large with fantastic views and excellent options for food close by. The omni west rooms were smaller and a little old with old carpets, furniture etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your feedback and for choosing to stay at Omni Hotels in the DFW area. We are disappointed to hear your stay at our Park West property did not quite hit the mark for you. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to change your mind if your travels bring you back to our area in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
New Smyrna Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed 5 nights with my husband and 3 year old daughter for a conference my husband was attending. We were glad to make it to the hotel. Construction is terrible and driving was a bit stressful until we got the hang of lanes that exit with no notice. The staff was very friendly and check in was a breeze. I joined the loyalty program and got beverages delivered each morning and free wi-fi. You really need a car. While my husband was in his meetings I ventured to Grapevine Mills and Galleria Mall. The gym was nice. The beds were comfy. The shower was either REALLY hot or not hot enough. There was a funky smell in the lobby a few times but never in our room. Overall a nice stay and friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you had such a nice stay and that our friendly staff left such a lasting impression. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for business for 5 nights. The hotel is lovely, rooms are nice, very clean. Might I add that the beds are FANTASTIC! I got a great night's rest every night. It is not a brand new hotel, but its well kept so you don't notice it too much. Also, the room service was awesome. I have had some terrible room service experiences recenelty (I'm looking at you Sheraton!), but I literally ate room service every night because the food was really good, and the service was impeccable. Food was always at my door within 25 minutes. And they know how to throw in the little perks for members, morning beverage at your door etc. I would highly recommend this hotel, and although I was in town for business, it was a hop and skip away from Dallas and Irving, so you could find plenty of restaurants and some night life in the area.

Room Tip: I didn't notice much noise from the highway and the room stayed fairly cool. The onlt thing thi...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at our property. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We will ensure the food & beverage team receives your rave reviews as well! We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon.
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the Omni as it wa the site of my husbands annual businesss conference. The property is easy to get to...good parking, beautiful hotel. The room was comfy, clean and modern. The wine bar and lounge were open and airy and had a great atmosphere. My husband said the meeting areas were very comfortable and nice. My only complaint - there was a very starnge smell on the 6th floor. The minute you got off the elevator you could smell it. Im not sure what it was. Smelled like rotten eggs or ?maybe mold?...Several other friends stayed on that floor as well and all complained about the odor. It was not apparent in the room - only the hallway. If we had been staying an extended time I would have requested a different floor. Other than that it was a very nice place to stay. I would return but would ask for another floor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay overall! We recently learned of an issue the city had in the area which was the source of the smell issues. We regret this glitch was a part of your experience at our property and we hope to see you again in the future.
Longview, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were in town for only one night and we made the best of it. Having stayed at other Omni hotels, I was confident our two rooms reserved for the family would be satisfactory. For the most part that was the case. My wife and daughter were on the eight floor and there room was exactly what we have come to expect from Omni hotels. Unfortunately, my room not so much. First, the valet parking was exactly what I need after a long drive. The people at the front desk were both nice and respectful. The concierge was quick with a map to our next destination and off we went to our rooms. My room was on the ninth floor and once you got past the bathroom, you had to walk sideways to enter the bed room. The room itself was quite roomy. Apparently, the room had been converted from a king or queen size beds to a room with double beds. So, that made the room very hard to get around in. The only other complaint I have with this room was the smell. I wasn't so bad that you could not stand it but by the next morning the smell was worse. I am not sure but the odor my have been coming from the air ventilation system. Any way, breakfast was GREAT! However, breakfast did not start until 6:30AM. So if you need to be someplace early, you may need to find an alternate place to eat. I can't say enough about the staff, they were great. Our waitress was kind and very delightful to be around. As of this post date, I have not seen my credit card bill. So, if the billing is correct, I will be more than satisfied with my stay.

Room Tip: Construction on LBJ is terrible! Call ahead to make sure what exit you should take to get to the ho...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We are very pleased to hear that overall your stay was pleasant and we are delighted that all of your interactions with the hotel staff were exceptional. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to our area!
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed for five nights in February - a really nice hotel. Decor good, food good, staff are amazingly helpful. They remember what you eat, drink and offer great tips on the area. Shuttle service was a plus as I didn't like to drive. Bed was comfy. Free wi-fi and breakfast drinks to the room for loyalty members (just fill out a form). Would return again and recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at our property. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and that the friendliness of our staff, cleanliness of our rooms, and dining were so impressive. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hallways were smelling like sewage and the rooms smelled like smoke the water was brown when getting ready to brush teeth they charged me extra during check out when I paid it due to checking in complained but dident anyone help but manger in dovers grill housekeeping was rude too.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback and we regret that your experience was such an unpleasant one. This is the first we are hearing of any smell or water issues but we will certainly investigate this with our engineering staff. Your review also mentions an overpayment of some sort but remains rather vague on the details. We definitely do not want any of our guests overpaying for anything or paying for a service they do not feel met the quality standards expected at Omni Hotels & Resorts. Please feel reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com to provide further details of your stay. We do hope the other aspects of your stay were enjoyable and thank you again for your feedback.

Been to Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West? Share your experiences!