“Excellent value” 4 of 5 stars

Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1590 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75234   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #7 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Boston
“Excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very nicely appointed rooms, clean. Robes provided. Turn down service. Free morning beverage, pressing and shoe shine. Price below $100. Senior discount. Optional upgrade to suite for $20.
Excellent restaurant and wine bar. Starbucks coffee available on the premises. Valet or self serve parking.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floors have lounge area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable and you found so much value. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West again very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Pasadena, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I am a GHA Black level member and across the world have enjoyed my perks...but not here. I have stayed at this property twice the last time earlier this month. I have supposed to get a double upgrade....Negative x 2. I am supposed to receive black level "welcome gifts" usually a fruit and cheese tray with a bottle of wine that is waiting for me in the room. Here I had to call and beg and then they stated "your profile shows a healthy choice item"...not. I have received the wine and cheese combo in SD, LA, TUS, IND, BKK, BER,PRG, etc. That being said, the room was below stds for Omni in my opinion. The food was fine at the restaurant. I think next time I might have to choose another omni being there are 3 in Dallas area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and provide us with feedback. We value your opinion and thank you for your loyalty to GHA and Omni Hotels & Resorts. We are very disappointed to hear your recent stay at our property was so unpleasant. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss the details of your stay further at ddelk@omnihotels.com and thank you again for your feedback.
Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Very nice rooms and great service perfect for company meeting. We had our Christmas party there and they did a really good job on the food and drinks. You had to call your booze oherwise they would give you some bottom of the barrel stuff but other than that everything was great.

Room Tip: Top floor provides nice views of the area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that the rooms, service, and food & beverage were all outstanding and we certainly do hope you choose the Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West again when your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was really excited about staying at the Omni because of the reviews I read. My experience overall was not a great one. Thankfully they were running a special and I did not pay the normal rate one would normally to stay here.

Pros: The interior of the hotel is nice and clean. The holiday decorations were beautiful. The staff that I encountered directly at the hotel were extremely friendly and willing to help any way that they could.

Cons: As far as location goes, I would not recommend this hotel. It's next to nothing really. Not a huge deal though. Could definitely overlook this.

The room itself was just ok. It was clean enough. Just nothing great. I had requested a room with a nice view and received one with a view of a dry field. The ceilings in the room made them look cheap. Also, the lighted shaving mirror was coming off of the wall.

Hotel will charge $9.95 per day for wifi (unless you're a member of their loyalty program which I was never informed of). After reviewing my bill when returning home I noticed the $9.95/day wifi charge and called to inquire about it. I was transferred to accounts receivable and spoke to Enrique. He was very rude saying that "it clearly states that the wifi is $9.95 per day". With his tone he was making it sound like I was an idiot for not knowing this. I told him when I called to make my reservation that I was told wifi was complimentary. So no, I did not read all of the terms listed when connecting because my friend was actually the one that connected to it and I had told him that it was complimentary. Enrique's tone during the entire conversation was very condescending. After all of the courteous staff I had encountered I didn't expect that. It wasn't really the money that was the problem, as was the fact that no one informed of the loyalty program and wifi situation.

I don't think I will ever stay at this particular Omni again. And it puts a bad taste in my mouth for the Omni name period.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to submit this review of your recent stay at the Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West. While we are delighted you found the hotel beautifully decorated for the holidays and the staff to be so friendly and helpful, we are obviously very disappointed to learn of the other aspects of your experience which hit so far below the mark. We have done a full review of this incident with the staff member mentioned above and while this is certainly out of character for this long term employee, we offer our sincerest apologies for your interactions with him. We definitely wish to ensure we have resolved all concerns to your 100% satisfaction and hope to change the taste in your mouth regarding our property and the Omni Hotels & Resorts brand. Please reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com at your convenience. Thank you and we do hope to hear from you soon.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I prefer to stay at an Omni when given a choice and I am a member of GHA. Having said that, I have stayed at better appointed Omni's than this one. The staff was 10 STARS, they go above and beyond to make your stay a welcome one, but there is something off about this building in general. It is not well thought out and probably poorly made. We stayed in two different rooms and you can hear EVERYTHING through the walls. Our first room we had a frisky next door couple, the 2nd room they had our bed up against the back side of the elevators.. SERIOUSLY???

Our first room was a regular hotel room with a King bed, for some reason though they gave us an ADA room on the 2nd floor. Our view was of a rooftop. We were fine in this room until we came back from sightseeing all day to find our door left ajar and someone had rifled through one of our dresser drawers.. NOT HAPPY.. fortunately nothing was missing. I called the front desk and asked what the heck happened. I forbade housekeeping from coming to our room again. The front desk manager felt sorry for what happened and insisted on "upgrading" us. (I usually do not like to do this because it means repacking everything). She convinced me to move for our safety too. OK

So now we move to the 11th floor to a one-bedroom suite, sounds good huh?? : ) WRONG, the living area has NO WINDOWS, REPEAT NO WINDOWS, so you are in a dark room that is set up so wrong. The TV is so far away from the couch you need binoculars to watch it (small tv, not large room). Then the bedroom is so small, it fits a queen size bed and only one nightstand and that just barely. There is a window there and one in the bathroom.. Oh wait the bathroom, the bathtub combo is in a corner of the bathroom, you have to climb over to get to it and they have the dreaded shower curtain, I HATE shower curtains. Whoever designed this place is a wreck. They also have ALL the doors open into other doors. Every closet has a door that opens into it, so you can't have two doors open at the same time. Just really badly appointed. But the worst part of this was that we had to listen to the elevators all night long behind our bed. Not what I really consider an upgrade.

Also the bedding is NOT what I expect from an Omni and it's in the middle of no where.

On the positive side, their restaurant Dover's is very good and again exceptional staff. I guess I only mistrust their housekeeping staff.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room away from the elevators, the walls are paper thin
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and provide us with feedback. We value your opinion and thank you for your loyalty to GHA and Omni Hotels & Resorts. We are disappointed to hear that your recent stay at the Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West did not meet the standards you've become accustomed to as a loyal member to our brand. Our suites do have a unique design and while it is a preferred upgrade for many of our guests, we do realize this may not always be the case as it was for your stay. We do regret the layout, comfort, and noise levels of the suite became such detractors for your stay. We are very pleased to hear that our staff rated 10 Stars for you and that you felt they went above and beyond to make you feel welcome and do hope our level of service is enough to warrant consideration to stay with us again. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything else that I may be of assistance with at ddelk@omnihotels.com and thank you again for your feedback.
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed for 3 days with my mom and my 1 yo, clean and very nice room! We visited relatives and visited Dallas Arboretum and botanical garden. We didn't have a clue to find restaurants until the relatives brought us to a short cut road to get to it (a lot of restaurants). No charge to parking (that's a plus!). I wasn't familiar with Dallas's road (with a rental car from the airport) got a charge for a 'toll' way. ** The date that we traveled is not 'correct' We traveled to Dallas May 2010

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Our hotel is located in a largely corporate office location but we do have dining options on site as well as many restaurants within a short drive. We also offer complimentary shuttle service to local eateries and shops within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. I know your review indicated your stay with us was May of 2010 so hopefully you will get a chance to stay with us again soon.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Excellent night's sleep. My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights during our visit to Dallas. Very nice rooms with a nice view. The hotel is easily accessible from the highway but is not particularly close to any local attractions, in fact, it is in a business park of sorts. You'll need to hire a bell hop to use one of the carts to get multiple bags up to the room, but everyone was very helpful.

Parking is free in a garage adjoined to the hotel. Hotel has a bar and large ballrooms. We got a great deal on our room (~$80) and it was well worth it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
OmniHotelsManager, Manager at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad you felt the hotel was a great value and that the staff was very helpful. We will make sure the bell staff is made aware of your positive comments and hope you consider the Omni Dallas Park West Hotel again on your next trip to the Dallas area.

Been to Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West? Share your experiences!