“Nice Rooms and Good Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt DFW

Save Saved
You added Grand Hyatt DFW to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt DFW
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2337 South International Parkway, P.O. Box 619045, Dallas, TX 75261-9045   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #1 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Spokane
“Nice Rooms and Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Checked in quickly without any problems. Room on 8th Floor had nice view. Living area is a little small but large bathroom was nice. Rooftop Pool and Workout Center were very nice for a hotel on Airport property. Lobby was nice. Late night food and drinks were good. Drinks were expensive, $16.50 for a Maker's Mark Manhattan was a bit on the steep end. Breakfast was very good. Service was great and the food tasted great. Didn't even need Tabasco Sauce for eggs. French press coffee was nice, however the pots did not pour well and ended up with coffee drips all over the table. Check out was easy and efficient. Directions to rental cars were spot on. Overall: Great Staff, Food is good, Drinks are moderately expensive, and Don't miss breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

716 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I spent two nights DFW Grand Hyatt on the front end of our trip and one night before flying out. This is an amazing hotel and is probably our favorite of all. And we travel quite a bit.

From check in to check out the staff is amazing and helpful. Requests for a coffee pot and even extra coffee were handled quickly. We had a squeaky door that we didn't even know we had. We came back to our room and the maintenance man was working on it. Because he felt we had been inconvenienced (which we hadn't been!) we were offered a free movie that night. He was the nicest guy and we enjoyed our visit with him. The servers in the lounge downstairs are also very kind and friendly and we were welcomed each time we went downstairs.

The rooms was very, very clean. The linens are top of the line and well stocked. There are some great exercise machines on the top floor overlooking the runway. They are clean and well-maintained.

When coming back through, we arrived a bit early in the afternoon and were promptly given a room. We were tired so, before heading out shopping, we decided to take a short nap. When we came back to our room later that day, I noticed that our bed had been RE-MADE and the bathrobe and some GREAT candy were waiting on the bed for us. I had mentioned on our way through that I missed the candy from a couple of years ago and it appeared!

It is truly the little things that count and the DFW Grand goes above and beyond in every instance. I just can't say enough about it and can't wait to go back to see our "friends!"

One other thing worth noting is the FREE parking. Most hotels of this calibur charge a pretty good for parking; howver, the Hyatt Grand give you coupons for free parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, facing the runway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GrandHyattDFW, General Manager at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to post this review of your recent stay. Your kind words have been shared with the rest of the staff. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband again soon.

Happy Travels,
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This year my husband and I spent our first night of vacation here, a stop over en route to Belize. It was every bit as enjoyable as the first time we stayed here en route home two years ago. The luxurious rooms and creative cuisine make the Grand Hyatt DFW much better than the average “airport flop,” as we refer to these transition nights. Add the convenience of being right at the airport and the availability of an award night booking with a Hyatt-branded Visa card and it’s a no-brainer to stay here as well as a pleasure. Staff members at the front desk and in the restaurant were professional and friendly. They advised us well regarding timing for airport check-in and transportation for our early departure from another terminal. The requested back-up wake-up call was a human being, not automated. We had no trouble with noise from either the airport, which we overlooked from our 15th floor room, or from other guests. As I mentioned in my first review of this property, we landed here the first time via Priceline, but we were won over to book directly because of how much we enjoyed it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Basically, this was a stopover from the west coast to the Dominican Republic to get sorted on tome zone changes. The place was packed in the lobby, the noise level was ridiculous. The rooms are very nice and clean - the noise level of people slamming doors at 1 AM in the hallway and the loud talking made this a poor choice. The rooms are very pricey and this place did not measure up to expectations. I tried to check out on line and could not get into the site - really frustrating

In contrast the Hilton O'Hare is older, much quieter and much more organized at the front desk.

Room Tip: higher floor and on the end
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GrandHyattDFW, General Manager at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We realize that our guests are weary from traveling and just want a sanctuary for rest. We strive to offer that and unfortunately did not deliver that experience for you this time. I would like to personally offer my apologies for the frustrations you experienced during your stay and do hope that should your travels bring your through DFW Airport again, you will consider giving us another chance.

Happy Travels,
Park Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

One of the nicest airport hotels I have stayed at. Very nice clean roomie room and bath. Bar and restaurant were very good. I ate at the bar twice, sushi and flat bread which was great. Had a sandwich, ham and cheese grilled, very good. One caution, for drinks the bar it is expensive, in my opinion, $22 for a short double, and I mean short, have not seen a bar tender measure a drink like this kid did in ages. Same drink here NYC $16, full.
Only drawback, nothing to do if stuck there for a day. Bring gym clothes at least one can use that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed here before taking a trip with my daughters for their Spring Break. I used one of my Diamond Suite upgrades as well so we had a one room suite which was very modern and quite spacious. The hotel is conveniently located to terminal D and the gym is fantastic. If the remainder of the stay measured up to the quality of the facility this would have been a 5 star, or excellent, review easily. With that said, the evening dining options were a bit limited and quite expensive. While the wine list by the glass was fairly impressive, the prices were outrageous. I had a glass of Peter Lehmann Shiraz for $12. I later bought the same bottle for less than $14. On the morning we left, I had ordered breakfast and requested a delivery between 5:30 and 6:00. I put a note on the order stating that an earlier delivery would be greatly appreciated. I called room service the evening before as well and made the same request. At 6:10 we were all packed up and ready to leave, but no breakfast. I called a second time and was assured breakfast was on its way. At 6:20 we had no other choice but to leave with no sign of breakfast in sight. I had hoped to say something when I checked out about my frustration, but there was only one person manning the desk and at least 5 people waiting to check out so I simply dropped my keys with the concierge. So frustrating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Please accept our apologies for the frustrations you experienced during your recent stay. Your comments are appreciated and have been shared with the appropriate staff members. Please check your TripAdvisor inbox with further details.

Safe Travels,
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A very convenient location on top of Terminal D. You'll find elevator and escalator access from the check-in desk level. Takes the stress away should you be connecting or have an early morning flight.

Check-in nice and easy, staff encountered were extremely efficient, professional and friendly. Especially one who I believe to be called Marissa(?) most helpful, thank you.

Rooms are very spacious, ask for a room overlooking the runway for a fantastic view with a beautiful sunset/sunrise backdrop. No coffee making facilities in room, however you receive a complimentary coffee token to use in the lobby cafe.
Chargeable in-room Wi-Fi which is frustrating trait of chain hotels. However, in certain areas of the bar you'll find free AT&T Wi-Fi, handy! There's also a business centre should you have any printing needs.

Large gym on the top floor, with an outdoor pool. Particularly impressed by the restrooms in the gym- lots of amenities around just in case you've forgotten to pack anything, great touch.

Lovely bar, with a relaxing atmosphere. Try the pitta & houmous, very moreish.

We checked out and our flight ended up being cancelled, although quite stressful, what relief it was to be able to look forward to a second stay in such a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hyatt DFW? Share your experiences!