“Perfect for a layover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt DFW

You added Grand Hyatt DFW to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt DFW
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2337 South International Parkway, P.O. Box 619045, Dallas, TX 75261-9045   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park. Sleep. Fly
Ranked #1 of 197 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Perfect for a layover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A very convenient location on top of Terminal D. You'll find elevator and escalator access from the check-in desk level. Takes the stress away should you be connecting or have an early morning flight.

Check-in nice and easy, staff encountered were extremely efficient, professional and friendly. Especially one who I believe to be called Marissa(?) most helpful, thank you.

Rooms are very spacious, ask for a room overlooking the runway for a fantastic view with a beautiful sunset/sunrise backdrop. No coffee making facilities in room, however you receive a complimentary coffee token to use in the lobby cafe.
Chargeable in-room Wi-Fi which is frustrating trait of chain hotels. However, in certain areas of the bar you'll find free AT&T Wi-Fi, handy! There's also a business centre should you have any printing needs.

Large gym on the top floor, with an outdoor pool. Particularly impressed by the restrooms in the gym- lots of amenities around just in case you've forgotten to pack anything, great touch.

Lovely bar, with a relaxing atmosphere. Try the pitta & houmous, very moreish.

We checked out and our flight ended up being cancelled, although quite stressful, what relief it was to be able to look forward to a second stay in such a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Laurena7

Ft. Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The only reason I stayed here as I had a flight in terminal D the next day. Here is what I discovered and experienced while there

Food: The food selection at the hotel for food in the restaurant is pretty limited therefore I advise you try to eat somewhere before you come here. Also the same selection for food can be found in the in room menu as well but just 2 things there is a delivery charge of 3.50 and food from the hotel is subject to 21% service charge plus taxes. Besides the fee's I did go ahead and order food but was disappointed as it was quite small portion size and taste's average.

Minibar in room: Just out of curiousity to check what was available, when I was checking out the minibar turns out there was 1 item missing even before I arrived in the room , I made sure to tell reception right away as I didn't want to be charged for something that was not there, I advise you to check your minibar items as it could easily turn out you would be in my situation

Business Center: I had to use the business center computer to print a document and came to found out there was a $5 dollar charge and you can only use the computer for 15 minutes.

Room: The room was quite spacious but there beds are not very comfortable. Kind of surprising considering the price of the room

Wifi: The basic wifi I got with my room rate was fine in terms of just checking emails, if you need to use skype or watch a youtube video its going to be very slow. Coverage was pretty good.

Checkin: Was pretty quick but then again I checkin early and good thing to as around 5pm - 7pm tons of people where check into the hotel.

Spa: No comment as I did not check out the spa

Overall: Stay here only if you have a flight in terminal D as its extremely convient to get to the checkin counter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Well, this hotel was somewhat of a surprise. I have learned to avoid airport hotels like the plague. However, I found this place to be very well appointed, rivaling any upscale business hotel in any major city. I stayed here for 2 nights because my company was having a conference in its own offices that are coincidentally nearby to the airport. I didn't see any point to going into the city proper since I was going to have to drive back out to this location everyday, and my last stay in the Hyatt Regency downtown was not that great (the place was under major renovation).

The hotel is immersed in a concrete jungle, but, you finally arrive to the lobby, which is a very nice affair--not over the top, but, nice. There was a long line at check-in, and I found the front desk personnel to exhibit nonchalant attitudes--not something travel weary customers need to deal with. Nonetheless, I was eventually processed in, and was on my way to my room. The hotel is very busy with conferences, and many fellow travelers. My room was nice--on the 7th floor. Very pleasing sedate colors, nice bath with shower and no tub, clean carpeting and serviceable modern furniture. Nice flat screen TV--kinda small, but, ok. I did hear airplanes, but, I am not one who is bothered by every noise--so this was not an issue for me.

I used room service...it took a long time, but, I knew the hotel was very full, so my expectations were low for speedy service, and they did tell me when to expect my order. They stamp your parking ticket, so parking is free. I ate buffet breakfast one morning--excellent.

I left the hotel to return home at exactly 6AM, Thursday morning, March 7th. I had intended to walk over to my terminal, but, a valet "insisted" I take the hotel van--so I did. There was a scruffy older man driving the van. He thought he was funny, but, he was not. If you want to be a comedian, you should find a night club to work at, not a hotel shuttle van where people are running on tight schedules and do not need unnecessary delays. This man spent way too much time talking and flirting with the travelers. Most people were polite, but, it was clear he annoyed everyone, and they just wanted to leave and get on with their trips. I know I did not budget time for a comedy routine before my trip; and at 6AM in the morning, let's suffice to say, I'm not in the mood. He held the van up for about 10-15 minutes (I'm not sure if he had directions to do that or what), But, I was very tempted to get off the van and walk, as I had intended to do in the first place. Finally, we left the hotel. This man was so busy running his mouth, that he would not announce what terminal at which he was stopping. I had to ask him 2 times which was the stop for US Airways. He became annoyed with me, and very deliberately told me to get off at the wrong terminal. I had to walk back to the US Airways terminal--about 15 minutes, causing me to run very late for my flight--but, I made it. (His efforts to mess me up were fruitless). My requests for info were reasonable--especially since it was dark and you could not see out of the van, and I am a visitor to Dallas and do not really know the airport.

This scruffy old man is the reason so many people have negative opinions of Texas. He is a throw-back to the 50s and 60s (I hope), exhibiting attitudes that are not acceptable in most places in the US that have educated sophisticated residents, and I hope I never encounter that kind of thing again. I hope Hyatt has a talk with its drivers because this guy spoiled what would have otherwise been a very good trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bigger32
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel is very well placed above terminal D. Reception were very helpful and efficient and even gave us a complimentary upgrade to a superior room with a great view of the airport!

Rooms are very smart, very clean and totally quiet. Lovely bathroom and comfortable bed.

Downstairs the bar was a great way to chill out after a long flight and the food/wine well priced and of good quality.

The rooftop pool and spa will be great on a sunny day, all spotlessly clean.

This is a very good airport hotel. Efficient, friendly staff who always find a solution to any query or problem.

Room Tip: Ask for a runway view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SuperNickLondon
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here again and upgraded using points to a suite. The suites are excellent. 2 large rooms that are virtually sound proof and with block out blinds. Really comfortable beds. The rooms and the hotel are modern and well kept as well as being upmarket.
The hotel is on top of terminal D. Most of their business seems to be conferences so bargains are available on Friday and Saturday evenings.
I tried the spa this time and it was excellent. Also terrific roof top pool and gym area.
Restaurant is great and the staff across the hotel are outstanding.
I enjoy staying here every time.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Airside rooms have a great view of the airport. Also good prices on Friday and Saturday.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hayden Lake, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Easy to find, easy to check in, classy rooms, with good restaurant albeit a little expensive. Every aspect of design is thoughtful and decorative. The tea cups look beautiful with their curved handle and are very easy on the hand. (Still, I have to ask - why $6 for tea?) The salt and pepper shakers are graceful and echo other design aspects of the décor.
The room darkening curtains actually create total darkness and it is very cool when you walk in to the room and they automatically rise.
Completely convenient for meetings of folks coming from around the country.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
West Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Spent one night at this property and was very pleased with the experience. My room was very nice, updated and modern. Even pretty quite for being right in DFW. My only gripe was the bar prices, seven bucks for a beer.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor room, the elevator was slow and busy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business