“One Of The Very Best Hyatt Hotels” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hyatt DFW

Save Saved
You added Grand Hyatt DFW to your Saves list
Grand Hyatt DFW
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2337 South International Parkway, P.O. Box 619045, Dallas, TX 75261-9045   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #1 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sacramento, CA
“One Of The Very Best Hyatt Hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had a one night stay recently. As a Hyatt Diamond member, we were upgraded to an Executive Suite, which consisted of a separate bedroom and living room. This is one of the very finest hotels we have stayed at. Everything about it is clean and contemporary. Despite being in the center of a busy airport, we never heard a sound. The room was beautiful and had interesting electronic shades; when we left the room, they automatically closed to keep out heat and when we returned they automatically opened-- very cool ! The front desk area is beautifully done and makes you feel like you're at a very luxury, guest focused hotel- which it is ! The well staffed concierge desk is adjoining and they personally print out your boarding passes.

If you're flying on AA, this is the place to be. Just press "terminal" on the elevator keypad, get out and turn left and walk less than 2 minutes and you are at American Airlines terminal D check-in counters. No matter what terminal you are departing from, you can check in your bags at those desks. We did so and then returned to our room for another hour. But if you want to get to your gate, just go through the adjacent security checkpoint and if your flight is at another terminal, just hop on the Skylink which is right past security and you'll be close to your gate within a few minutes.

As this Grand Hyatt doesn't have a Grand/Regency Club, we received complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. The restaurant was beautiful and the service impeccable. The breakfast selections were just outstanding.

I can't recommend this hotel more highly. While their rates are somewhat higher than other hotels off-airport, the location, quality, and ease of this hotel make it well worthwhile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel 5 times now and have never been disappointed. The room is always immaculate, bed just right for an excellent night sleep, bathroom large and great amenities, staff should be used by other hotels in their training of what service is all about.
I always book the business plan, having internet, free breakfast is worth the little extra. I request a runway room and enjoy watching the planes taking off and all the lights at night. Nothing is too much trouble for staff and always helpful. Being right above the terminals and such easy access can not be beat. The shuttle to Grapevine Mall is very accessible and only $5 return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Impeccably clean and easy to check in and put quickly. Will definatly stay there again as it can't get any easier if you've got a overnight layover at DFW, since its already in the terminal . Worth every penny

• Stayed October 2012
Dingle, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel is located within the airport, yet is quiet. Have stayed here twice- once on the sunset side-great view of runway, more recently on the sunrise side, had an epic view. Plush bed, sizeable room. Breakfast at the takeaway counter downstairs is handy, however Internet charges are ridiculous. Fine if you're a business traveller and can expense, but plain silly for your average client. On principle I refused to 'buy' Internet access. The rooftop pool/gym are great too. Only other downside is there was a pair of dirty socks under the bed- ugh!!! Surely cleaning the room includes sweeping the Hoover under the bed a few times?!?
Either way locations unbeatable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is no disputing that the hotel is solid in terms of location and amenities; although the rooftoop pool was way too cold to swim in - even for a couple from Canada!

The problem was the treatment we received by the front desk staff. Travelling internationally as often as my husband and I do, we have a USD Visa card that we use exclusively for American getaways. When we checked into the Grand Hyatt our room was prepaid, so we were simply running the card (with a $1k limit available) against incidentals. We decided to purchase the 'Business Package', which provided us with free WiFi and one complimentary breakfast each morning for about $25 per day. We were assured that it would cover a comparable value for breakfast bought at the cafe counter rather than the restaurant. After agreeing to have this expenses added to our billing, we went about the business of enjoying our visit.

On our third and final evening, after a long day we returned to the hotel and grabbed take-out from hotel restaurant (paying cash) to take up to our room. When we got to our room, which was quite a trek from the elevators, we discovered that both my husband and my own room card no longer worked (seems strange doesn't it? two cards both mystically demagnetized?). We walked back to the elevator (where the house phones were located - take out food growing colder by the minute) and called front desk. Of course we had to indentify ourselves to the person on the phone and then to the security guard who came up to let us into our room; taking our card keys to be reprogrammed and promising he would return them to us right away. We no sooner got settled in and started eating our meal when the front desk called up to say there was a problem with our credit card; they insisted we come down "immediately" rather than being allowed to finish the meal that had already been delayed. What frustrates me is that this issue should have been mentioned when I called down from the elevator area, or when the security guard came up, but no!

Down I went to find out that not only had they billed us for the $25 per day, they had also billed what should have been our 'free breakfast' and internet - jacking our bill up to $240. They corrected the billing and apologized for the error only when I asked to speak with the Manager. They explained that they routinely preauthorized $100 per day and that they had only received approvals for $200 at that point; when they tried to preauthorize another $100 it was declined. I explained that we had rented a car for the day to go to the Cowboys game and the rental company was likely holding the balance of the card in a preauthorization. I didn't foresee it as a problem as my actual billing (once they corrected their errors) to the room was well under the amount they already had authorized. After being treated like a criminal - who was coincidentally locked out of her room (that security guard never crossed my path on the way down or back up though the front desk claimed they didn't intercept him; I guess he is still looking for me), I gave them my CAD Visa Platinum so they could be assured any last minute expenses that might pose the remote risk of taking us over the $200 they had already preauthorized, would be covered. (Here's where it gets really good...)

Despite all their apologies for billing the breakfasts from the cafe counter - that we were reassurred would be covered and that were deducted from the billing when I went down to the front desk the first time, upon checkout we saw the charge from our last morning purchase added onto the bill; what a racket! We had to stop at the front desk again and go through the whole charge reversal fun all other again! To add insult to injury, they went ahead and put all the charges through on the CDN Visa even, thought the final bill was under the $200 they already put a hold on for the USD card; I guess they wanted to make sure I would pay exchange rate and conversion fees levied by my credit card company as a 'parting gift' from the front desk team.

I will never, ever go back to the Grand Hyatt DFW. If you are a Canadian I strongly suggest you avoid this place at all costs. If you do go, be sure to check your bill because the 'Business Plan' gets easily confused by the front desk with the 'Bilking Plan', lol.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DFWGrandHyatt, General Manager at Grand Hyatt DFW, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear eightfoldpath,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to explain the challenges experienced during your visit. I am sorry for the billing issues you experienced with regards to the Business Plan package. I will make sure that we find and correct whatever was causing this error to take place. Also, please know that our policies are not intended to make our guests feel like criminals. They are meant to be safety measures for the hotel and the other registered guests. We take your feedback seriously and will continue to train our staff on how to more effectively communicate hotel policies. Should your travels bring you back to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area I hope you will give the Grand Hyatt DFW another opportunity as I am certain we will exceed your expectations!

Safe travels,
Lance Marrin
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before our trip to London. My flight from Nashville arrived at terminal D, so I simply retrieved my luggage and took the elevator up to the hotel.
The Hyatt is right at terminal D above the runway.
The hotel is a bustling modern hotel with a hip vibe., but our room was a quiet oasis.
Our room was absolutely gorgeous and the beds were simply divine.
The next day we had a delicious breakfast with the best coffee. I almost drank the entire pot.
We requested a late check out and was cheerily told that was not a problem.
When we called for a bellhop we never thought our luggage would be taken directly to the American Airlines ticket counter, what a wonderful and stress less way to start our journey.
This is not your typical airport hotel, but a hotel I would not hesitate staying at for any reason.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Williamstown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for a connecting flight in the morning to Mexico. We've stayed at airport hotels before, but nothing close to the convenience and quality of this one. We had checked luggage so had to take the loop bus to Terminal D where the hotel is located, but it came quickly. The rooms were spacious and stylish without being faddish. The room was quiet and the bed was extremely comfortable. In the morning, it was a straight shot from the room to the elevator to ticket counters and onward. Delighted to avoid the uncertainty and expense of ground transportation. We look forward to returning and getting there early enough to enjoy the dining facilities and amenities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hyatt DFW? Share your experiences!