“Okay but wouldn't stay again” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Ohio
“Okay but wouldn't stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here for three days while in Dallas on business. The hotel staff is nice but they are definitely understaffed. It took us a while to get any assistance at the front desk as the lobby is always full thanks to the restaurant. There was broken glass in the elevator and the fragrance smell was so strong it made me cough. The room was clean but the refrigerator, the remote, and the phone didn't work. The food in the restaurant was good and the bed was comfy.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Magnolia, Arkansas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. The hotel was beautiful and clean. I absolutely loved the location. My friend and I had joining rooms that was such a joy to have considering our going back and forth. I love this hotel and will most definitely be staying again. Also, the breakfast was great. It consisted of pancakes, sausage links, eggs, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, muffins, and a variety of juices.

Room Tip: If traveling with friends ask for the joining room.
Green Features: I felt as if these practices are needed to ensure going green and cutting cost.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Coppell, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Check in was easy, especially for a first stay. I noticed that the elevator floor looked like it had not been cleaned in a while...as it turned out, it was not cleaned during my 3 day stay. This feeling on "not being cleaned" transfered to my room, or at least in my mind. The linens were great and the bed was comfy! One towel and 2 was clothes contained human hair. The hotel is "pet friendly" and this was apparent on the furniture. Maybe I could have asked for a room that had never had an animal stay. Great location and room was spacious...but not to be confused with a suite. Just needs a good cleaning and updating would be terrific.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here for four nights and had a good stay. I arrived early and they found a room for me to check in to (Hyatt Passport members benefit). The room was clean and spacious. I did not use the pool, but it was an outdoor pool. The free breakfast was decent. There was juice, pastries, cereal, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt and fruit. The hotel is conveniently located a few blocks from the Dallas Galleria (about a 15 minute walk). I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I traveled to Dallas to get out of town for a few days, and to attend an internal networking event with my employer. The room was very clean, and I appreciate being able to sleep in with the do not disturb sign, then still have a spotless room when I came back later in the day by just mentioning it to the front desk on my way out. The staff was beyond friendly; and made sure to attend to any and every concern I had. The breakfast was decent; with what was served for a free breakfast it was good (the bacon egg and gouda breakfast sandwiches are good!). Overall, just with the quality of the staff I will stay here again; let alone adding on the clean and very comfortorable surroundings.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel wasn't great, but was up to the standard quality of what you expect from a Hyatt Place. The rooms were a bit small, but very clean. You can tell the hotel had been remodeled a couple of times throughout its life. Just be prepared for traffic and it can be a little challenging getting back onto expressways and such. Mainly due to traffic volume and construction.

You are close to a mall and only a 20 to 30 mins from downtown Dallas and Cowboy stadium. The staff was "ok" over all. I say ok only because they seemed overwhelmed with the amount of guest present during breakfast on both days we were there, seems like it could of been ran better. Also we got a luggage cart with flat tires when we checked in. I told them about it, but two days later this same cart with flat wheels was still in use. So all in all it was an ok stay that met our needs just fine, but it's nothing to rave about.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Texarkana, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My dad and I traveled to Dallas for a nice weekend trip away from everday stress. Our troubles began when we arrived at our room only to find that the TV could only be controlled manually on the TV itself. I promptly alerted the front desk and someone came up to give us a new remote. The new remote would not work. So, I again phoned down to the front desk to notify them of the problem. Yet another remote was delivered to the room. This time the attendant tried to get the remote to work and quickly deduced that the battery inside the TV for the remote to work had died. He then left only saying sorry and did not even offer to change our room. Note: The room was very clean and we had no issue with the cleaning staff. Next, I tried to plug my Ipad into one of the outlets located below the work desk. Guess what, none of them worked. I finally found one outlet that did work near one of the beds. The next morning (Sat) we looked forward to the breakfast as neither of us had tried a Hyatt Place before. The breakfast left us dissapointed. We arrived around 8:30 am, breakfast being served from 7:00 am-10 am. The pancakes were cold and tasteless and my dad had some bad fruit. We left breakfast still feeling hungry but we were going to eat a good lunch at Pecan Lodge. Very tasty by the way!!! I wanted to go back up to the room to fetch my Ipad to use during the day. Unfortunatly, this is where I give them a 2 star rating. We tried to get into the room using our key card by holding the card up to the reader. This is the first place ive seen these types of key readers. Most hotels use the key reader that you slide the card in a slot. The key would not work. A faint light appeared as to let us know to enter but every time we tried, it would not work. We went down to the front desk and notified them of the problem. One of the front desk clerks went with us to the room to see if we could get it to work. He could not so he tried to reactivate the cards downstairs. He came back up and deduced that the battery inside the reader was dying and needed to be replaced. We were told to wait while someone came to replace it. We waited for 30 minutes without anyone coming. Not once did they try to accomodate me and my dad. Note: I am a Platinum member with Hyatt as well as Platinum Elite with IHG. IHG would have given us a new room or upgraded us or at the very least offered us something for our troubles. We got fed up with waiting so we left the hotel to unwind and start our day already being behind schedule. Thankfully the battery was fixed upon our return and we were able to finish our stay without further incidents. We did not even try the breakfast on Sunday and left as soon as we got up. I was hoping for a better experience for my first stay at a Hyatt Place.

Room Tip: If you do decide to choose this hotel, ask for a room on the top floor facing south.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas-North? Share your experiences!