“Great stay at the Hyatt Place Dallas North” 5 of 5 stars

Rev Up. Slow Down.
Ranked #60 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Indiana
“Great stay at the Hyatt Place Dallas North”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here for four nights and had a good stay. I arrived early and they found a room for me to check in to (Hyatt Passport members benefit). The room was clean and spacious. I did not use the pool, but it was an outdoor pool. The free breakfast was decent. There was juice, pastries, cereal, breakfast sandwiches, yogurt and fruit. The hotel is conveniently located a few blocks from the Dallas Galleria (about a 15 minute walk). I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I traveled to Dallas to get out of town for a few days, and to attend an internal networking event with my employer. The room was very clean, and I appreciate being able to sleep in with the do not disturb sign, then still have a spotless room when I came back later in the day by just mentioning it to the front desk on my way out. The staff was beyond friendly; and made sure to attend to any and every concern I had. The breakfast was decent; with what was served for a free breakfast it was good (the bacon egg and gouda breakfast sandwiches are good!). Overall, just with the quality of the staff I will stay here again; let alone adding on the clean and very comfortorable surroundings.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel wasn't great, but was up to the standard quality of what you expect from a Hyatt Place. The rooms were a bit small, but very clean. You can tell the hotel had been remodeled a couple of times throughout its life. Just be prepared for traffic and it can be a little challenging getting back onto expressways and such. Mainly due to traffic volume and construction.

You are close to a mall and only a 20 to 30 mins from downtown Dallas and Cowboy stadium. The staff was "ok" over all. I say ok only because they seemed overwhelmed with the amount of guest present during breakfast on both days we were there, seems like it could of been ran better. Also we got a luggage cart with flat tires when we checked in. I told them about it, but two days later this same cart with flat wheels was still in use. So all in all it was an ok stay that met our needs just fine, but it's nothing to rave about.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Texarkana, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My dad and I traveled to Dallas for a nice weekend trip away from everday stress. Our troubles began when we arrived at our room only to find that the TV could only be controlled manually on the TV itself. I promptly alerted the front desk and someone came up to give us a new remote. The new remote would not work. So, I again phoned down to the front desk to notify them of the problem. Yet another remote was delivered to the room. This time the attendant tried to get the remote to work and quickly deduced that the battery inside the TV for the remote to work had died. He then left only saying sorry and did not even offer to change our room. Note: The room was very clean and we had no issue with the cleaning staff. Next, I tried to plug my Ipad into one of the outlets located below the work desk. Guess what, none of them worked. I finally found one outlet that did work near one of the beds. The next morning (Sat) we looked forward to the breakfast as neither of us had tried a Hyatt Place before. The breakfast left us dissapointed. We arrived around 8:30 am, breakfast being served from 7:00 am-10 am. The pancakes were cold and tasteless and my dad had some bad fruit. We left breakfast still feeling hungry but we were going to eat a good lunch at Pecan Lodge. Very tasty by the way!!! I wanted to go back up to the room to fetch my Ipad to use during the day. Unfortunatly, this is where I give them a 2 star rating. We tried to get into the room using our key card by holding the card up to the reader. This is the first place ive seen these types of key readers. Most hotels use the key reader that you slide the card in a slot. The key would not work. A faint light appeared as to let us know to enter but every time we tried, it would not work. We went down to the front desk and notified them of the problem. One of the front desk clerks went with us to the room to see if we could get it to work. He could not so he tried to reactivate the cards downstairs. He came back up and deduced that the battery inside the reader was dying and needed to be replaced. We were told to wait while someone came to replace it. We waited for 30 minutes without anyone coming. Not once did they try to accomodate me and my dad. Note: I am a Platinum member with Hyatt as well as Platinum Elite with IHG. IHG would have given us a new room or upgraded us or at the very least offered us something for our troubles. We got fed up with waiting so we left the hotel to unwind and start our day already being behind schedule. Thankfully the battery was fixed upon our return and we were able to finish our stay without further incidents. We did not even try the breakfast on Sunday and left as soon as we got up. I was hoping for a better experience for my first stay at a Hyatt Place.

Room Tip: If you do decide to choose this hotel, ask for a room on the top floor facing south.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
O.P.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful front desk clerks. They really add to the good image of this Hyatt Place. Hotel is in a great location for visiting attractions in both Dallas & Fort Worth. Easy access to highways. The hotel is clean, comfortable and the rooms are spacious. Outdoor heated pool which is great for March! Good breakfast buffet with a variety of choices. I will for sure stay here again when in Dallas!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Very inviting and affordable hotel in Galleria/North Dallas area. Cordial staff. Convenient location to Galleria mall and nearby businesses and restaurants. Shuttle bus/van is available. Well appointed rooms with seating area with couch/pull of bed, small divider to bedroom area. Accommodating bathroom area with hair dryer and hair products. Very small closet but had ironing board and iron. Good desk area with all the computer outlets you need. Handy kitchenette with sink and refrigerator. Large flat screen TV. Pleasurable Free breakfast with hot breads, fruit, oatmeal, eggs, pancakes, sausage, juices. It can get crowded at certain times. You could take your meal back to your room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I really enjoyed this place. The service was great: always smiling, shuttles to dinners, attentive and just plain nice. A special thank you to the front desk staff. Great hotel for business as its close to the surrounding business parks. Thank you,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas-North? Share your experiences!