“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgetown, Texas
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I stayed on a thurs night for business. This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place and I was very impressed. Staff were very friendly, I found the room to be very comfortable-bed, temperature, layout, etc. The AC unit was a bit loud, but not anymore so than other hotels I've stayed in. They have a lobby bar for drinks and apps, and breakfast selection was ample. I will consider this brand of hotel, and this one specifically, for my future travels.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

First, the staff was fantastic. Everyone I saw was so polite and helpful. Otherwise, I might have given this hotel a 3 rating. The hotel has a trendy updated decor. The lobby area works well and the free breakast was good quality. Parking is easy and the hotel is in a good location close to the Galleria. However, the room had some issues. I liked that it had a refrigerator and the layout of the room worked for me. Housekeeping kept the room nice and clean. But the air conditioner was a constant challenge over the 3 nights I was there. My colleagues in other rooms had similar problems with theirs. It did not respond well to changes in the thermostat and it was very difficult to keep a comfortable temperature. It seemed to always be too hot or too cold. It turned on and off frequently and was loud. The toilet made a trickling noise the entire time I was there. The beds were lower quality than what I have been experiencing at most other hotels. The furnishings looked nice but were not very comfortable. There were few power outlets and they were inconveniently located. The closet was small. Underneath the fresh paint and decor, the hotel feels a little rundown. But the staff made up for it with great service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
La Jolla, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

For a mid-priced hotel, this place was the best. Everyone was extremely friendly (genuinely) and helpful. They offer a free shuttle to any destination within 5 miles (Galleria mall, restaurants, etc.). They took us to a restaurant near the Galleria and promptly picked us up when we called. I left my leather jacket in the closet when I checked out. They found it for me and shipped it FedEx at no charge, and it arrived two days after I returned. They had sandwiches and snacks readily available (even room service), free breakfast, free wi-fi and even a small friendly bar. The decor is up to date, and the rooms are spacious. The only negative (and I hate to say it since everything else was so nice) is the air conditioner. It's the type below a window and it cycles on & off and is unfortunately pretty loud, as well as very near one of the beds in rooms with two beds. I'd definitely stay there again and do recommend it--just bring ear plugs, and you'll be fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed two nights, 11-02-12 to 11-04-12

We stayed at this exact property one year ago when we came into Dallas for the same yearly event. Looking around you can tell this property is beginning to show some wear one year later.

Nice comfortable rooms. The only problem we had was the TV reception. You have a nice big TV in the room but the analog channels come in wavy and the digital channels break up. The cool thing is the input panel for the TV. If I had remembered this I would have brought cables and used the TV as a computer monitor to watch movies on Netflix. We did purchase a movie and that came through clear.

We used the weight room both days and were the only ones there. They provide towels and ear buds in the weight room. It was too cold to try the pool, but it looked clean and well maintained.

A free shuttle is provided for area attractions. I saw lots of people using it to go to the galleria for shopping.

The staff was nice and responsive.

This property is surrounded by other buildings on busy streets. No real views and you need a car to get anywhere. It is a nice location for North Dallas and that is why I have picked it two years running. Next year though I will try another property. At least the room we were in is beginning to show its age and use.

They are also doing construction on the main road so getting in and out that way is challenging right now.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here for two consecutive weeks in early October. Great location, very close to the Lincoln Business Center, the Dallas Tollroad - convenient for getting into downtown, and the Galleria shopping mall. Rooms are comfortable; complimentary breakfast is excellent. Staff is very helpful. This is not a huge hotel, so they do not have a full-service restaurant. However, there is a mini bar (good for a beer or nightcap) and Del Frisco's Steakhouse (a premier meatery) is literally 45 steps away in front of the hotel. Couldn't ask for a better location. I will stay here whenever I am in Dallas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street, towards the northeast.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vienna, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here for business a few weeks ago, and was generally pretty underwhelmed.

Pros:
- Location is right next to the Galleria mall, and close to where I was working
- Parking is plentiful, there is a fitness center and pool
- Breakfast was free, and decent. The French Toast was pretty good, actually.
- Free WSJ newspapers downstairs.
- The TV is huge, and has a great array of hookups (VGA, HDMI, etc.)
- There is a fridge in the room.

Reasons:
- When I checked in, the guy at the desk (who was very nice) asked what floor I'd like to be on. I said, "the highest floor where I'm far from the elevator." I ended up on the 5th floor (out of 6) directly next to the elevator.
- I had reserved a King bed room, but instead got two doubles.
- I ordered some food from the room that I would pick up (there is no room service, just food--which seemed reheated--at the bar). The hotel services employee said that they would call when the food is ready. After a half hour, I went down to check on it. It had been waiting for a while, and they had placed the wrong order.
- The room was incredibly noisy. I could easily hear people showering in the room above, the elevator's mechanics were audible in the room, and every hour or two I would hear a VERY loud rumbling noise that would last for 10 minutes. It woke me up in the middle of the night two times.
- The TV is placed in a really odd place; it does swivel, but if you're on the far bed, there's no way you could see it (look at the pictures).
- WiFi didn't work in my room. I asked on the first day, and the woman said it was being fixed. It didn't work on the second day either. Luckily, there is strong 4G coverage on Sprint in the hotel.
- A/C is based on window units, so the room can get a bit humid.

Overall, it was a disappointing trip. I didn't complain while I was there, so I can't judge their responsiveness. I did mention all of this during my checkout, and the woman was apologetic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room very far away from the elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Brought my daughter & her friends to shop at the Galleria, from Oklahoma City. We're on the 5th floor. I went down to load the car, came back in & pushed the up button on the elevator. The light didn't come on so I asked the guy mopping if it worked. He said "the light is just out". So I waited... He told the front desk girl, "ya know the elevator is broke". They laughed. So I said "oh, so it's not just the light?" He said "nope it's broke". I said "I'm on the 5th floor". He laughed.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Hyatt Place Dallas-North? Share your experiences!