“Indoor Pool and Hot Tub Are Gone...Like Us” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #74 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Oklahoma
“Indoor Pool and Hot Tub Are Gone...Like Us”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We have made The Marriott Quorum our destination for Thanksgiving and other occasions every year since 1990. One feature that drew us there every time was the large indoor/outdoor pool and relaxing indoor hot tub. Sadly, their recent renovation did not take into account repeat customers like us. Because some of our travel to Dallas is in the winter, we will not consider the Quorum property again. It's unfortunate because of its handy location and our fond memories there. A number of other options are available in the vicinity, thankfully. This happens to come after a period of time the customer service has also deteriorated, so maybe the time to move on was right.

If an indoor pool and hot tub are not important to you, consider this property--at a competitive price, which is more seldom. Otherwise, keep looking with us.

Room Tip: If you only need one king bed, ask for a corner king at check in. They're a little larger, and t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kris B, General Manager at Dallas Addison Marriott Quorum By the Galleria, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear SoldonShawnee-

Thank you for being our guest and we appreciate your input! The indoor pool and hot tub were rarely utilized so we added a much larger outdoor pool with waterfall and firepit features to enhance the guest experience. Our staff is committed to service and we do appreciate your feedback!

Respectfully-
Kris Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We went here from Atlanta for two nights on a whim because the room rates were good, an ultra low airfare on AA was great and we hadn't visited Dallas in years. I knew the recent renovations were completed so things would likely be calm and up to date. They were, but the best things were less tangible. All the staff, mostly fairly young, were more than just helpful and pleasant. They really seemed to like what they were doing and it showed. That's pretty unusual I think. Further, we used their free shuttle service extensively to visit the mall, the Cavanaugh Flight Museum (suggested by the staff) and for dinner at nearby restaurants twice. That's worth a bunch to me as we didn't have to bother with a rental car. Being Lifetime Platinum status with Marriott means my expectations can be pretty high as I've stayed at dozens of properties here and abroad. OK, staying on the Concierge level is a plus, but even without that perk we would have had a great stay. Any downside? Well, I suppose the TV could have more HD channels but that's hardly a deal breaker.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the very busy road (not really facing it as the building is angled) can be a bit nois...
Green Features: The in-room info says that they take pride in their green practices, such as not replacing towels and sheets daily. But, after carefully and dutifully hanging our towels the second morning, we returned late that day to find that they'd all been replaced anyway. Go figure.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Roneill000-

I appreciate the comments on our Wonderfull Staff! They do love what they are doing and I am glad it shows....Thank you for your business and being a Lifetime Platinum Marriott Guest!

Best Regards-

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I can't say enough great things about this hotel. I wasn't expecting this Marriott to be a 5-star hotel, but it is!
The Food: It is incredible!!! The flavors, the freshness, and the execution are top notch
The Staff: Talk about friendly! I didn't encounter one person the entire week that wasn't pleasant. NOT ONE
The Can-Do Attitude: There isn't anything they won't do or won't try to do to fulfill a request

The little things: Starbucks in the lobby, Christmas decor through the hotel, 24-7 Fitness Center, Bath Salts in the restroom, complimentary water/coffee/tea in the room, free shuttle within 3 miles, ability to make reservations, restaurant open until midnight, convenient location (we could walk to so many things), 25 minutes from the airport, free internet in the lobby

There aren't any cons to this property, they are currently renovating this property on certain floors, but the construction was during the middle of the afternoon, we were never disturbed.

This is my second time here, and any time I come to Dallas/Addison I will be staying here

Green Features: Rooms allow you to go-green by hanging towels that you would like to re-use
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Circlearoundtheworld-

Wow this was a GREAT report on our Staff Service and good to hear we are doing the right things in taking care of wonderful guest like yourself! Have a Great Holiday Season!

Warm Regards-

Spring, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On Thanksgiving Day (2014) my family and I checked into this hotel for 2 nights. We were in Dallas to attend the UH- SMU Football game and the UH Alumni Association had a block of rooms at this hotel. From the moment we drove up to the front door we experienced nothing but exceptional customer service. We were immediately greeted at our car by staff assisting us with our luggage. When we arrived at the front desk we were greeted by Alex Keeton. Mr. Keeton could not find my reservation even with the confirmation number. However, he did not miss a beat. He immediately began creating a new reservation for us and worked hard to try to compensate for any inconvenience we may have experienced such as giving us a room on one of the floors that had been renovated. I never have had experienced having a confirmation number and my reservation could not be found; however, I never left the front desk having experienced such superb customer service. Mr. Keeton really stood out as he consistently would check on us whenever he saw us. However, everyone we interacted with from the restaurant staff to the shuttle driver was extremely accommodating to our needs.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the renovated floors.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Wanda P-

I am so glad you had a Superb Stay here at the Marriott Quorum! Thank you for the nice comments on our Staff and Team Member Alex....Have a Great Day and Thank you for your business!

Best-

S Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed one night in early November booked off Marriott website at $249 + tax which adds up to a meaty $32.37.

The fact that i have little recollection of it is actually a good thing. It means everything worked, room was comfortable, wifi was reasonable and so on.

I am a Marriott Gold member and had access to the lounge which was fine. In fact the food available in it was well above average and it did me for my evening meal and breakfast. The wine available was less of a good deal and, if you do have access to the lounge you will find the $7 glass of wine is about 1/2 the size of the $9.66 (that may well have included a gratuity) in the bar.

Self park was $14 but, to be fair, its advertised on the website and in the booking confirmation so one can't really complain - although i do agree it's somewhat OTT.

All in all a standard Marriott. Delivered what was expected. I knocked a star off due to the cost of the parking being OTT.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Kris B, General Manager at Dallas Addison Marriott Quorum By the Galleria, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Drc225-

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel...We appreciate and value your business and look foward to your return..

Sincerely-

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed here on business. As a Marriott the facilities were adequate but nothing great. However, according to a notice at the front desk they are refurbishing the property. I am sure that will improve things although I hope they add a magnified mirror in the bathrooms. I noticed that one of the men with whom I had business missed spots when he shaved perhaps because it was too hard to see yourself up close in the bathroom. What was excellent was the service. Although I did not have lots of interactions the staff with whom I did interact were nice and helpful. Special kudos go to Matt Fisher- I had my boarding pass on my phone but I really prefer a paper version. I logged onto to the computer in the business center to print out my boarding pass from the United website but it was formatted wrong to print out. I happened to have passed Matt while leaving the business center who asked me if I got what I needed. I mentioned the formatting issue just trying to help a future guest who would have to rely on obtaining a hard copy. He offered to print it out from his computer if I emailed him my boarding pass which I did from my phone and he did. Thank you!

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear AnAnthroplogist-

Thank you the feedback and overall Great Comments! We just promoted Matt from supervisor to Night Manager so I am thrilled to hear he took good care of you as our guest! Thank you for staying with us and we look foward to your return...Have a Great Thanksgiving Next Week!

All the Best-

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

There are two options when attending a function here: Valet or paid parking. The Valet is $15 and this information is NOT given to you in advance. $8-10 For the paid parking. Mind you there are umpteen parking spaces EVERYWHERE, but they are closed off for the valet. Let me say I understand having valet service, but when you see all of the spaces it borders on the ridiculous. This is Addison, Texas - not New York City.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear Riff-Rakind-

Thank you for the comments! Valet Parking and Self Parking options are available and I appreciate your feedback...Thank you for being our guest!

Kris Brown

Been to Dallas Addison Marriott Quorum By the Galleria? Share your experiences!