During my stay someone was trying to come into my room at night. This happened several times and I thought it was my imagination at first but the last night I was there I tucked a towel under the door and the towel was a clean perfect sweep that the door had been opened. Also, the deadbolt would be unlocked and the door latch would be buckled instead of flat against the door. I know I checked the deadbolt and door latch twice that night and each time they were both tampered with which is why I used the towel as my guide. I reported it to security as soon as I discovered it early that morning. They said they would file a report and get it to the General Manager (Sheri) and she would contact me. By 9am I called and spoke with Carolyn (employee) who told me that the GM wouldn’t be in until later because of an incident the night before concerning an employee that they let go. His shift was from 3pm-11pm during the schedule I was having trouble and right after speaking with Carolyn I started received inappropriate texts on my cell phone from a number I didn’t recognize then a man called shortly after from the same number. I asked who he was but he didn’t answer that question and continued with lewd comments instead. I brought all of this to the GM’s attention. Carolyn sent me to a police station of some officers that make frequent stops by the hotel however when I arrived I was told the hotel area was out of their jurisdiction I asked to speak to the officers that frequent the hotel and they were there but it wasn’t in their jurisdiction so they could not help me file a report. They instead instructed me to go back to the hotel and call 911 who have after 2 hrs had not dispatched an officer. By this time it was much later in the afternoon I asked the GM if she had reviewed the surveillance tapes and she said that she looked at some of them but that she would literally have to sit and watch 24 hours of frame by frame in an area where it is really hot and she just didn’t have time for that. She also said she would check the key entries on my door but didn’t do that either. She did however bring the night security man in that I had reported the problem to earlier that morning and he told my colleague there was nothing on the surveillance tapes after I had just been told they were not reviewed. I tried for 3 days to get the police to meet me at the location but they were too busy to come. I know now I should have called 911 immediately when I discovered it however I was on my way to work scared to death and wasn’t thinking clearly. I feel like I was sent on a goose chase by the hotel. I also asked why the employee was fired the night before but was given several conflicting stories I was also give 3 different area codes for the former employee and of course none of them matched the one that contacted me. Basically I changed to another hotel and the Holiday INN Expressed denied everything. My room was not broken into during the day and everything was always in its place the break in’s didn’t occur until I was getting ready for bed so the break-in wasn’t for money or anything like that it was purely for other reasons for which I hate to even imagine. This person has my information and yes I’m truly frightened by what happened and whether if I will be safe from this person in the future. They were up to know good bottom line. Not once did I ever receive a phone call from the GM as promised that morning nor did she show any concern for my safety she totally disregarded the whole incident.
The GM has an incredible morning staff cleaning crew in all that goes out of their way to make everyone feel at home it’s a shame that the GM didn’t treat her guests the same way.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Dallas East Hotel Dallas
- Holiday Inn Express Dallas East Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new in 2009, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dallas East-Fair Park is the newest and most modern hotel in the East Downtown Area. Conveniently located off I-30, guests are be minutes away from the Dallas Downtown district and within walking distance to a variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment. Our guests will experience luxurious accommodations and a plethora of amenities including a complimentary hot breakfast served daily, wired and wireless high-speed internet, an indoor pool/whirlpool, business center, fitness area, and a meeting room. All guest rooms feature plush new bedding, an enhanced bath experience, multimedia flat panel TVs, and thoughtful conveniences. While you are here, experience the Fair Park (Texas State Fair), Gexa Energy Pavilion,The Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center Dallas, American Airlines Center, Cowboys Stadium (Dallas Cowboys), and Ameriquest Field in Arlington (Texas Rangers), the Dallas Zoo, the Dallas Arboretum, and all downtown Dallas venues, such as the JFK Memorial Plaza and 6th Floor Museum. Outdoor enthusiast will thoroughly enjoy White Rock Lake for boating, fishing, and other popular aquatic activities. We are certain that your stay in Dallas, Texas will be a pleasant experience so saddle up and Stay Smart! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Dallas East-Fair Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.