“Lovely Server/Ghastly Food” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Porta Di Roma

Porta Di Roma
1623 Main St # 104, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)
(214) 752-0855
Neighborhood: Downtown Dallas
Riverside, CA
“Lovely Server/Ghastly Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I feel badly for the review I am about to give, because the server was such a delight. Nonetheless, the food here is shockingly awful. I make chicken saltimboca at home, so I had to try it here. Ugh! First, the bread was strange. Knot-shaped, rubbery and flavorless. The chicken was awful. An oddly-textured chicken breast covered with melted cheese. There was a slice of questionable ham (it was supposed to be prosciutto, but I have never tasted prosciutto like this). The spinach it was on tasted like frozed spinach out of a Birds-Eye box. The side of pasta was a mushy glob of overcooked spaghetti. All of this was drowning under the mass of melted cheese. If I had produced this dish at home, it would have been sent back, for sure, with a proclamation that we were going out for dinner.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Louisiana
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my sister and brother in-law. They live in the downtown area of Dallas. We walked a few blocks to this place. Great atmosphere. More than I would normally pay for pizza but the pizza was really good so I'll let that slide ;)

We had two small children in our group of six and I'm not sure this would be a place for children. Seems like there were a lot of adults there that would prefer that the children eat some where else.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gilmer, Texas
“Great food, atmosphere& location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for lunch. Had a decent beer selection. Service was good. The have complimentary breadsticks which were delicious. I had a pepperoni calzone for $6 and it was enough for two. Plus it was very good. I will eat here again on my next visit.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Was surprised by the food. I ended up here by accident with my roommate after another place we attempted had a wait that was unbearably long. Upon first glance, we were going to walk out but we decided to give it a shot (plus we were starving!). The house salad that came with our meals left much to be desired; very plain and unflavorful but the dinner and house wine made up for it. Wine was good and the main entree was just the right portion. I ate all of mine and did not feel stuffed. I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The selection was extensive and descriptions were helpful on the menu. The range of prices, from stromboli and calzones to fine cuts of beef was reasonable. The mimosas were generous and exceptional good. We will certainly dine here again when in Dallas.

Visited March 2013

Been to Porta Di Roma? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Porta Di Roma, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.