“Young Parents' Night Away” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh

You added Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh to your Saves list
Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2927 Maple Avenue, Dallas, TX 75201 (Formerly Luxe Stoneleigh Hotel & Spa) (Oak Lawn)   |
Ranked #79 of 191 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Young Parents' Night Away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had been to the Stoneleigh a few years back, in my single days, and it was so much fun. The bar was nice...the people was nice...the overall ambiance was nice! But my husband and I stayed there a few Saturdays ago, and it was not a good experience.

First off, we stopped at the bar to have a few drinks before taking our bags upstairs. The bartender, a young lady, was not attentive. It was almost like we were disturbing her....and we were sitting AT the bar! When we went up to our room, overall, it looked nice. But there was no remote control. That really irritated me, but they did send one up promptly via a nice young man. The next morning when I took a shower, it was cold for me AND for my husband. When I grabbed a robe to put it on, there was a stain. Ew. Lastly, the gal at the valet station was not nice...in fact, it was yet another employee who asked like we were inconveniencing them.

Some positives are the location and the comfy beds.

Overall, we were very disappointed. We could have stayed other places and feel as if we made the wrong decision. I would most likely not recommend this hotel which is such a disappointment because I really enjoyed my first time there.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Back in the day, this was the transition spot for the divorced and estranged business man in the boom years. With a lovely bar and comfortable lobby, it felt like a clubhouse. Le Meridien gave it a much needed face lift but the Stoneleigh still feels like a psychic landmark. It has all the amenities, and you can't beat its uptown location: a short romp both to downtown or the chic restaurants. Make sure you cross the street to the Stoneleigh Pub for a great burger, first rate jukebox and cold drink.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Belmont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here a couple of times for business - this is a good hotel in uptown Dallas, within walking distance to restaurants and nice old building feel. It is a historic building but remodeled and it has the elegance one would come to expect from a Meridie hotel. The rooms are a little dated in decor but the Wifi and aircon works fine. It is a relatively short building so some street noise to be expected. The lobby is small but welcoming and the bar is great - I like the furniture, electic and interesting, something different than other hotel chains. It is pricey compared to other hotels of similar standard.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
lmdshotel, Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. I was pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your experience and our historic charm. We do hope you return to see us and experience our pool which will be ready for our guests this spring!

Kind Regards,
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I wanted to take a quick 1 night getaway to celebrate our anniversary. We like to find a good deal and discovered Le Meridien The Stoneleigh in Dallas. The price was right and the hotel seemed intriguing as it was an older building that had been remodeled. It was a perfect balance of celebrating the old while welcoming the new.

I called to confirm my reservation and asked if they did anything special for anniversary getaways. I was told by the receptionist that for $40 I could get a bottle of Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. I assumed there would be tax added but the base price sounded great so I said "let's do it!"

After checking out I realized I had been charged $79 for the champagne and strawberries. I called The Stoneleigh and after they investigated they determined that 1) I was told the wrong base price 2) there was a $12 service fee that was not mentioned on the front end 3) there was a room delivery charge separate from the service charge.

They did not offer to make any sort of refund after admitting the mistake was on their end in terms of communication so I asked.....and they said they were happy to refund the money. Many places would have put up a fight and lose a customer over $30ish ..... The Stoneleigh, because they handled this so well on the back end, actually made a customer for life.

They only reason this got a 4 star rating is because you will definitely want to ask the right questions when booking especially if you are adding anything because there are some hidden charges that won't be mentioned by the front desk.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is fantastic. The location is great and so are the rooms. The lobby and bar area are very well done. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is because of the front desk staff. All 3 people that I interacted with over the weekend were pretty worthless. Some were rude, some were just so lazy that they came off rude. It was odd and inconsistent with the rest of the staff we encountered at the bar and the restaurant. Oh well, I'll be back but I hope the front desk crew gets their act together.

Garland, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice location, jr. suite roomy & comfortable, buffet breakfast needs more pizazz for price. They provided transportation within 5-8 mile radius. Elegant property. Close location for dinner Stampede 66 & House of Blues for entertainment.

• Stayed December 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was a surprise for us, the facilities are outstanding and it is a great value for the price payed. The service need improvement, I don't understand but the valet parking and bell boy functions are understaffed, their attitude is good but I had to handle my luggage because we were time constrained. Restaurant, bar and lobby are very good and the neighborhood is great. We really had a good time. My only advise is to be careful with the breakfast, dishes are very generous and you can end up over-ordering.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh? Share your experiences!