“Beautiful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh

You added Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh to your Saves list
Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2927 Maple Avenue, Dallas, TX 75201 (Formerly Luxe Stoneleigh Hotel & Spa) (Oak Lawn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #80 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Beautiful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The hotel was beautiful and well maintained. The staff were kind. There were tons of restaurants and such with in walking distance. The rooms were spacious. Three things would change this review from 4 to 5 stars - pool, self parking, and free or low priced wifi. The wifi was $14.95 and paying $24 per night for parking plus wifi was a bit much. Without a pool the activities were limited. We are use to having a pool in such a luxury hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I found the Le Meridien Stoneleigh a bit of a contradiction of experiences that prevent me from having a positive review. The most disappointing and surprising experience was with attempts to reach guest services or the operator. On both days of my stay, multiple attempts to speak to an operator or guest services failed after 10-20 rings, even when the call rang back through the automated attendant.

Also, at 11:00pm on Tuesday night, I requested a wake-up call at 7:00am and 7:15am – but none arrived and I wasn’t going to mention it. However, when I reviewed my efolio, and saw that I was charged for internet – event though I’m a Platinum member, I called the operator to report this. I was surprised – someone answered – the first time this happened promptly. When I reported the internet service billing the young lady said she’d remove it. I then also mentioned that I never received my wake-up calls, and literally sub-seconds after I finished speaking she said, “that’s not true, I personally made all the wake-up calls.” Very disconcerting and in appropriate - she never even considered the possibility that she wasn’t given the call to make for my room, or there was a phone problem that prevented the call from going through or that she simply made a mistake. Rather, she claimed I wasn’t telling the truth.

The problem here is management. I never saw a manager during my stay. And, all that I experienced is a function of a) hiring the right people - staffing, b) training the right people, c) scheduling people in a manner needed to support the business and e) supervising the staff. These four points are management responsibilities and based on my experience, one or more are out of whack.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
wdchotel, General Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short not only in execution but in the responses you received from the associates. Since you have mentioned a number of other items in your review, I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you in more detail to learn how you feel we could improve our overall services. You can reach me at 214-871-7111. I look forward to hearing from you.
If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.
Mansfield, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

The Stoneleigh was our favorite getaway in Dallas for the last several years. Stayed there many times and recommended it to many friends. Not sure we will again. Since being purchased by Le Meridien, they renovated the lobby earlier this year and destroyed the elegant, retro vibe that made the Stoneleigh so unique. The staff is friendly, but unable to resolve issues such as a/c that will not cool. We were moved to another room, but the issue was the same there. Nearly 80 degrees in both rooms and an engineer promised to check it out who never showed up at the second room.

The only reason for the two stars is the friendly staff. Can't blame the front desk for a/c that won't work. :-) Also, the food delivered from room service was excellent. But two stars is the best I can do. Will have to look for another special place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us the feedback from your recent stay with us and thank you for your continued loyalty. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our renovation work. I want to apologize for the inconveniences you went through at our hotel. I understand that incidents like this leave a negative lasting impression that overshadows the rest of any trip. Rest assured that your comments have been passed onto the Hotel Management Staff to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future. I am pleased to hear that you had a great room service experience and our staff treated you well.

I hope despite your comments you will consider staying with us in the future.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This was my first stay at the Stoneleigh, and from driving up to valet it was a level above in service from other hotels in the area. The lobby is freshly renovated and sleek, and the rooms are large and well-appointed. I found the staff to all be very pleasant and pro-active, and I will definitely be coming back again. This hotel was the tipping point for me with SPG. I think W was my favorite chain within the family, but Le Méridien edged them out with this stay. Big fan of this property, and I will be back for meetings in July!

Room Tip: SPG has great descriptions on the website. Just choose the right room level fort our needs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

We look forward to welcoming you back in July.

Emma S
Guest Relations Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I rarely write reviews but in 25 years of business travel I felt compelled to share the nightmare that is the Le Meridien Stoneleigh. I've stayed here twice. The first time they overbilled me on valet parking by double billing me as if I had 2 cars parked each night. OK these things happen and they issued a credit.

Stayed here again in May 2014 and upon check-out I was billed for internet usage which should be free as a Starwood Preferred Guest. At my request, they removed the internet usage charge and I settled the bill. Then it got interesting.

Later that day they added back the internet usage and doubled it. Came out to about $90 for 3 days of internet usage. The next day they added $92 for the honor bar which was a neat trick since I was never even issued the key. The point is these charges were added AFTER I CHECKED OUT!

I called and spoke with the account manager, Veronica Duran, who promissed to refund the money. Eventually they did but it took 3 or 4 calls and about 2 weeks. She never returned any messages I left and I had to keep calling and hope I got lucky that she picked up her phone. I called the hotel manager but she ducked my calls each time and didn't return any message. Never got an apology or explanation.

Maybe they have cash-flow problems or something but the whole thing is really fishy. Stay at your own risk. Cresent Court, Mansion and Ritz Carlton are nearby and better bets.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest Program and for writing a review about your stay. The room service troubles you encountered during your stay are not typical of the service we offer, and I regret that we were unable to correct our mistakes in a timely manner. I will certainly be following up with the team to ensure this does not happen again. I apologize for your inconvenience and that you were unable to get a hold of me. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at 214-871-7111 with your contact details so we can work together to resolve this. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great place to stay for a quick weekend getaway. Really nice bar in the lobby area. I would have liked to see it staffed as an espresso bar during the day. The restaurant offers a beautiful breakfast buffet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Plano, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

As residents of the DFW area we chose the Stoneleigh for our quick Anniversary getaway. We found a great deal for a superior king room through Living Social. This hotel exceeded our expectations. Our corner room on the 10th floor was spacious and had a fabulous view of downtown and the Trinity River. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom well appointed and clean, and the staff was gracious and friendly.
The rest of the hotel had an art deco vibe echoing back to it's opening days in the Roaring Twenties. We walked from here to several spots to eat. We enjoyed sitting out at the covered patio in the cool of the evening.
The one complaint we had was the windows are the original single paned sashes which have been painted shut, which let in a bit of the louder noises outside like the trash truck emptying the dumpster, honks of cars in the garage, loud shouts from the streets. If I would have remembered my earplugs it wouldn't have been an issue at all.
Definitely recommend this location for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North and West sides may be a bit quieter but there won't be as good of a view for...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh? Share your experiences!