“Absolutely Lovely!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh to your Saves list
Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2927 Maple Avenue, Dallas, TX 75201 (Formerly Luxe Stoneleigh Hotel & Spa) (Oak Lawn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #81 of 188 hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Frisco, Texas
“Absolutely Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this historic hotel. The decor is lovely and the rooms have a luxury, high-rise apartment feel. Service was wonderful and the location is excellent. We cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Clemente, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This isn't the first time we've stayed at The Stoneleigh but the first after Le Meridien has taken over. The rooms are charming and ours was large with a spacious bathroom. When checking in we asked for a quiet room and although ours faced Maple Street it was quiet enough. (There is construction going on in the back of the hotel so beware.) The rooms now have a coffee maker - something they lacked in the past and that was a welcome touch. The Stoneleigh suffers from the original drafty windows. We were there during blustery weather and the curtains were billowing into the room - however I wouldn't let this make a difference. Some of the previous reviewers have complained about unfriendly personnel and I can report management has solved the problem. We were greeted at every turn and felt welcome. The lobby and bar have some really beautiful chandeliers that lend a romantic ambience at night.

The only real complaint we have is with the restaurant. The food is hit or miss at best but the service is mostly a big miss. There appears to be a management scheduling problem as well as lack of training of restaurant personnel. This same situation existed when the restaurant was previously called Bolla. I would recommend eating off site until someone reports the situation has been remedied.

The hotel provides really good hot coffee off the lobby bar area but unfortunately for the three mornings we were there the urns were not labeled regular or decaf - seemingly a minor detail but it speaks to the restaurant situation.

Overall staying at The Stoneleigh is a real treat from the standard chain hotels and most people will enjoy it as well.

• Stayed February 2013
Betsy B, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your suggestion. I will share your comments with our restaurant team. I am happy to announce that we just brought on a new Chef who is excited to take on the challenges previously faced. There will be more exciting news to come on the restarurant!! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've stayed at other hotels in Dallas while there on business, and this was by far the nicest. It is a beautifully remodeled hotel with lots of character. The room was spacious, extremely comfortable and had a huge closet. I really liked the way the room was arranged to separate the living area and sleeping area with an island and swivel TV. Service was excellent in all areas -- maids, front desk, valet, bar, and exercise facility. I look forward to staying there on future trips to Dallas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and provide us with your feedback! It is our goal to offer a transforming expereience while you are traveling on. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Breckenridge, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed here based on friends review and it did not let us down.The rooms were clean a had huge closets. For a cool old Hotel it was a great stay.. Service was great and the room service all three days was excellent !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and provide us with your feedback! It is our goal to offer a relaxing and serene stay to every guest and exceed every expectation. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Summary: In general, this was a nice hotel. The room was comfortable, the lobby was well appointed, and the location wasn't bad. However, some improvements could be made, particularly regarding communication and service.
---
Some issues were apparent:
I arrived at the hotel and checked into my room where I noticed there was no shade on the bathroom window. I went back down to the lobby to talk to the person who checked me in and I inquired if it was normal for there not to be a window covering in the bathroom and she thought that was normal. That seemed odd to me considering that from the window I could see another building across the street. I asked whether something could be done to remedy this. She called maintenance to the room who installed a piece of vinyl over the window.
While this covered the window it 1) did not permit any natural light into the room and 2) was not clean. When I asked if this piece of vinyl was a shade that could be moved up, I was told that it was just a piece of vinyl nailed to the wall and that the part to fix it was on back-order. I understand that things break, but giving a room that had no shade, being unsure of whether rooms had shades in the rooms, and then replacing the shade with a a piece of vinyl preventing all natural light from entering just made me think that there was some room for improvement in communication within the hotel. I eventually switched rooms which was easy enough and sure enough, the second room had a working shade in the bathroom. While this wasn't a big deal for me, there were a few steps of communication that could have been made that might have made this situation non-existent.

Additionally, I had handed a tax-exempt status document to the hotel on the day of check-in which seemed to have been misplaced and taxes were still present on my bill at check-out. This was easily remedied, but once again, spoke to a slight hiccup in communication within the hotel.
---
Location: This hotel is in Uptown. There is some stuff within walking distance, but it seems that no one walks in Dallas. I was able to get the trolley to go to a restaurant, but it came rather infrequently and I'm sure having a car would make mobility much easier.

Rooms: Aside from the previously mentioned issues with my room, in general they are OK. The second room I was in had a bit of a sound issue from what I can only think was a window that couldn't be shut completely since I heard noise from the street on the 9th floor. The decor is nice and completely adequate. The room was a little sparse, but completely functional. The closet however was HUGE. There was plenty of room for clothes.

Hotel features: I didn't use the restaurant, spa, or bar.

Room service: Room service was prompt and the food quality was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid comments concerning your recent overnight stay with us. Allow me to apologize for not meeting your overall expectations. I have addressed your concerns regarding the communication and service you experienced and we are taking steps to prevent this oppportunity in the future. I hope we have the opportunity to host you again in future to provide a truly transforming experience and win your loyalty!
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Older Dallas hotel, but beautifully remodeled. Rooms are larger than most and location is very convenient to night life and good restaurants. In house restaurant is quite good. Very accommodating staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the outstanding review and recommendation! It is our pleasure to provide a memorable experience for our guests. We stand ready for your next stay!
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great property. Glad to see this join Le Meridien. The hotel has been part of SPG lass than a month at the time of my check in. They were happy to extend a 4 PM check out and provided an upgrade to a suite without asking as a Platinum benefit.

It is nice to see an iconic Dallas hotel with character be in my preferred chain.

The service was great. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh? Share your experiences!