This isn't the first time we've stayed at The Stoneleigh but the first after Le Meridien has taken over. The rooms are charming and ours was large with a spacious bathroom. When checking in we asked for a quiet room and although ours faced Maple Street it was quiet enough. (There is construction going on in the back of the hotel so beware.) The rooms now have a coffee maker - something they lacked in the past and that was a welcome touch. The Stoneleigh suffers from the original drafty windows. We were there during blustery weather and the curtains were billowing into the room - however I wouldn't let this make a difference. Some of the previous reviewers have complained about unfriendly personnel and I can report management has solved the problem. We were greeted at every turn and felt welcome. The lobby and bar have some really beautiful chandeliers that lend a romantic ambience at night.
The only real complaint we have is with the restaurant. The food is hit or miss at best but the service is mostly a big miss. There appears to be a management scheduling problem as well as lack of training of restaurant personnel. This same situation existed when the restaurant was previously called Bolla. I would recommend eating off site until someone reports the situation has been remedied.
The hotel provides really good hot coffee off the lobby bar area but unfortunately for the three mornings we were there the urns were not labeled regular or decaf - seemingly a minor detail but it speaks to the restaurant situation.
Overall staying at The Stoneleigh is a real treat from the standard chain hotels and most people will enjoy it as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic and modern elegance are juxtaposed at the chic uptown location of Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh. This historic 1923 Art Deco building is steps from businesses, museums, boutique shopping, cutting-edge cuisine, and stimulating nightlife. Our harmonious spa indulges guests with rejuvenating experiences. Meetings and events are hosted with flair in 6,000 square feet of Dorothy Draper-designed space. In each of our 170 guest rooms and suites, warm cinnabar and charcoal color palettes blend modern amenities with custom mahogany and marble-topped furniture. Bathrooms feature sleek black-and-white Calcutta marble flooring and chrome fixtures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Stoneleigh Hotel Dallas
- The Stoneleigh Hotel And Spa
- Stoneleigh Hotel Dallas