“Exactly as expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh to your Saves list
Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2927 Maple Avenue, Dallas, TX 75201 (Formerly Luxe Stoneleigh Hotel & Spa) (Oak Lawn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #69 of 188 hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tishomingo, Oklahoma
“Exactly as expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed for a weekend getaway combined with Christmas shopping. The Hotel was as described. Great location for Uptown Dallas. The only thing that kept me from giving it a 5 star rating was the noise in the hallway each morning. The T/X bar had crowds coming and going each night, restaurant was very good. A/c was adjustable ( turned ours down to 68 at night) and worked great. Service was fine adn vallet always knew us when we walked up. Will stay again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a review of the Stoneleigh spa not the hotel.

Visited the spa with a Travelzoo coupon for a 50 minute massage. Arrived a little later than I wanted to so the guy at the desk led me right to the locker room. He did not give me a tour or explain the amenities but as I arrived right at my appointment time, that was understandable.

The spa is serene from the moment you walk in. I got my robe and slippers--the robe was the most luxurious robe I have ever had at any spa. I went right to the relaxation room where water and an assortment of organic teas was waiting. I got water and sat down on one of the comforable chairs. The room is dimly lit and quiet with nice chairs and footstools and even blankets. It was peaceful and serene which is what I love in a spa.

My massage with Leanne was fantastic, she listened to what I wanted, even providing a heating pad when I just happened to mention my feet were cold.

Afterwards, I sat and had some tea then changed into my suit and went and got in one of the two jetted tubs that are in the women's area--they are behind a curtain that said "Rainshower experience." There are two large tubs in this area and a private rainshower which I used after my soak. I finished my experience back in the relaxation room with one more cup of tea before I forced myself to leave.

The spa comes with all shower amenities as well as lotion, a hairdryer, brushes, combs and ponytail holders. At checkout, I was not asked for my Travelzoo voucher but was still only charged the 20% gratuity. The fact that I was using a voucher was never mentioned.

All in all, it was a wonderful spa day and of all the Dallas spas I've experienced, it was definitely one of the most relaxing. I plan to come back for spa week in April and am already looking forward to it--if I even wait that long.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband had surprised me with a little getaway, celebrating an anniversary in Dallas. I had looked at the Luxe Stoneleigh web site and was impressed. I signed up to their newsletter thinking this may be our spot for getaways in Dallas, when I did so, a message popped up extending a $50 credit towards our next stay,all I needed to do is let them know via email, yay! I sent an email letting them we had an upcoming reservation and let them know we were celebrating our anniversary and asked for their recommendations on things to do in the area and questions about their restaurant. I received an email letting me know a $50 credit would be applied to our stay (Nov 30- Dec 2), there were no answers to questions nor recommendation included in their email. At check in, the front desk ladies were very polite and helpful since somehow, the reservation was changed from my husbands name to mine, probably due to some error when they received my email. We were in room 400, a corner suite. The room was spacious with elegant decor. The entry area had a large full length mirror, the sitting area and bedroom was comfortable with lot's of natural light. The room had a nice view. The bathroom was a very nice surprise, it was large, clean but the towels were not plush as everything else in the room. I was excited to schedule some treatments at their on site spa. I went down and talked to the desk person, I told her I wold like a tour and know about their treatments. I found it odd that she didn't tell me anything about their spa or inquire what treatments I interested in before she quickly started telling me what times were available for Sunday and this was Friday!! When I told her I wasn't sure what treatments I wanted and seeing that she really wasn't interested in telling me more, I politely thanked her and left without being offered the tour I had asked for. Friday night we got dressed up for an evening with Andrea Bocelli, as we left the hotel, we were disappointed to notice that the employees we passed did not even say hello. As we approached the front desk, we asked an employee who we thought was the concierge to see if he would call a cab for us. This employee told us to go outside and ask the valet to do so if no cab was waiting outside. I think the manner this was handled was not the customer service I would expect from a more upscale hotel. Upon our return that evening, we stopped at the front desk to ask for some toothpaste and waited there for nearly 10 min and no one came to the front desk nor could we find any employee in the lobby. I called the front desk the following morning to ask about the toothpaste availability, they did have toothpaste but when I asked if they would bring it to our room, the desk person paused and said, well, if you would like us to or you can come for it, what would you like to do? I really don't like when a person who is in a position of just taking care of a guest asks that question, didn't I just finish asking if they would be able to bring the item to the room?? Why don't they just say we do not want to take the item to you, come down instead. Unbelievable!! This was at 2PM Saturday so it was not like I called at the time everyone was checking out. I have stayed at regular chain hotels who have brought an item to the room without even asking! We checked out Sunday from our room to find that the credit they had extended was no where to be found in the bill. Nope, no credit was extended at all and being we had poor service, my husband said just to let it go. Being the Stoneleigh markets it's self as a luxury boutique hotel, I had expectations that the experience at the hotel would be wonderful but I found that the overall service provided to us as guests by their employees was so sub par, in no time during our stay did anyone go out of their way to be friendly or warm (with exception of the front desk ladies at check in). To us, customer service is what creates a wonderful experience at a property but this was a big disappointment. The accommodations did meet our expectations, the suite was comfortable, spacious and polished (minus the towels) but because of the lack of customer service, we left feeling that there is nothing special about the Luxe stoneleigh. For the room rate that we paid, I know we would have a better experience at another property, two reasons we chose this property was its proximity to the American Airlines Center and their spa which was a big let down.

Bottom line, accommodations were very nice but don't expect anything else.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

We booked the stoneleigh thru the Texas golf trail concierge. 2 night business trip. This hotel was luxurious but not overdone. Great location uptown Dallas. I'll definately go back. The room was clean and comfortable, king bed was just right, turn down service still
A nice touch. Workout room had just enough equipment and a special
Elevator so you didn't have to walk thru the nice lobby in your work out gear.

• Stayed October 2012
Sherman, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My mom and I went here to get massages and had a wonderful time! They have lockers with keys to put your belongings in along with robes and slippers to wear. After changing into your robe you enter into the relaxation room where they have water and hot tea to drink and chairs with blankets on them to cover up if you're cold. You wait in there until your massage therapist comes and gets you. I got a Swedish Massage and honestly it was the best I have ever had. My therapists name was Ron and he was AWSOME! After you get your massage they bring you water then you can either lounge around in the relaxation room or go back to the "locker room area" and get in a big bathtub with jets or a shower with body jets all around. My mom and I brought our swimsuits to get in the bathtubs and relax. Afterwards we took showers and got ready for the day. They provide you with a community hair dryer, clean brushes, razors, shaving cream, hair spray, cue tips, mouthwash, shower caps, and lotion. Everything is very clean and they have a lady in there at all times picking up, restocking, cleaning, and taking care of any needs you may have. Do be aware that when you pay at the end there's a 20% gratuity added to your bill. Also if you tell the valet parking you were at the spa you get it for free (gratuity not included). Overall we had a great experience and I would highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: We did not stay over night here but I've heard the rooms are very nice and they take care of you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ivonne Z, Director of Rooms at Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I'm so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful time at our Spa, Girls time is what we do best.
We would love to see you again some time soon.
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

While Rosewood's Mansion on Turtle Creek and the Cresent continue to be the top hotels in uptown, their rates would often drive me to the Fairmont for a great hotel at a much lower price. No more will I stay there without checking the Stoneleigh. We were there for a wedding, and it had a 5 star amience at a 3.5 star price. Great bar, wonderful staff, and large rooms, Truly a historic hotel that has been lovingly restored, all in a very convenient part of Dallas. Definitely give this one a look!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
It is great to hear comments like yours, we are so happy that you came to stay at Luxe Stoneleigh Hotel.

We truly appreciate your feedback and hoped is not too long before you stay with us again.
tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've stayed here twice now and rarely look forward to staying in a hotel, but The Stoneleigh has changed that. Comfortable rooms (and beds), great service and wonderful location. If you are a runner, walker, or biker, hit the Katy Trail nearby.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you liked Luxe Stoneleigh Hotel, we are so happy that our location is convinient for you.

We look forward in seeing you in your next visit to Dallas.

Been to Le Meridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh? Share your experiences!