“The Adolphus Wows” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“The Adolphus Wows”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed at The Adolphus last weekend, and everything was truly amazing! The valet was very prompt, and even thought there were several people in the lobby upon our arrival, I did not have a wait to speak of to check in. All of the staff were so nice, I really understand why the hotel gets such wonderful reviews about their service. Room service was prompt, and the concierge was so helpful with directions and information. We even left something in our room, and when I called housekeeping they sent someone up to look for it and called us right back. I will definitely be staying at The Adolphus again at the first opportunity.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

1,671 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I was a guest at The Adolphus Hotel in Dallas, TX in July 2010. I can not praise the staff enough for their high level of professionalism and attention! Although the hotel was completely filled with guests, the staff went above and beyond making me feel like I was the only one that needed assistance no matter what it was I needed. My room was beautiful and I intend on finding out where I can purchase the pillows - they were incredible! ALL of the staff that assisted our large group with transportation was very courteous and extremely attentive as they moved us in and out so quickly and with ease. I never waited long for transportation - it was always available. Adolphus had a limo available the 4 days of our stay and I want to commend our driver, Brian, who was so helpful and extremely courteous and kind. We thank you Brian for taking us back and forth and getting us where we needed to be during our stay at The Adolphus. Thank you all again! I will be staying at The Adolphus again next time I visit Dallas and will not consider staying anywhere else.

Benson Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I diappointed to see dirty uniforms in the French Room. I was also suprised to see white extension cord on the rugs in the lobby. In our room the face clothes and soap were not replaced each day as there were three of us in the rookm that would have been very nice.

York Beach, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

The Adolphus is a Grand Hotel that is a Historic Landmark with a 5 Star Restaurant but it also has two other very good restaurants in the building. The Convention Center is a short wwalk away an there are other restaurants and shops in the area.

Willmar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

It is a place that you can count on having a stress free experience in a beautiful room.

San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

Great location within walking distance of a number of restaurants. Much larger rooms than would be expected. Excellent overall experience.

We booked a weekend online with advance pay which made it a great value.

The only problem was the bed in the room was so broken down it was a roll to the middle experience. We did get another room that was certainly not as nice as the first because the first room's view was the best.

Lightening fast room service and except for the bed a great overall experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We were going to a dinner party at the French Room and decided it would be fun to book a room and stay the night. On a positive note, everything we had to eat and drink at the hotel was perfect. We started with coctails at the bar next to the French Room. It was a small bar and only people from our party were there. The cocktails were expertly made and delicious. We then had a 3 course meal for 11 people at the French Room and everything was delicious. I had the beef tenderloin, which practically melted in my mouth. Most people ordered the salmon, which the man next to me declared to be the best thing he had ever eaten. The service in the French room was outstanding. We had breakfast the next morning at the Bistro and it was also great (I had egg whites, berries & toast. There was also a small buffet for about $10 which many people chose & looked good).

Now for the bad...upon checkin I was told I had not booked a king bed (even though I knew I had & later confirmed w/ my Expedia reservation that I had) & they could only provide me with a queen room. The room was old world beautiful, but the lighting in both the room and the bathroom was very poor. I had to turn on the heat lamp in the bathroom to get adequate lighting to see to apply makeup. Many of the individual lamps in the room did not work. The bed bowed in the middle once you laid on it (not supportive), which also meant that the flat sheet on the bottom was quickly coming off the bed.

I try to make the best of any stay, and was content with having a place to stay after a lovely party, until the next morning when I felt that they were actually trying to kick me out of the hotel. My husband and I went to the elevator to go down for breakfast about 8:30 am. We had no bags with us. As we approached the elevator, a maid asked "what room are ya'll checking out of?" I told her we were not checking out. She said "Ok, just trying to turn the rooms for the next group you know". Someone should tell her a bit of friendly conversation and then a polite inquiry as to whether we were checking out would have given her the same information she wanted without seeming that we needed to leave so she could get her job done. After breakfast, we went back to the room to get ready to check out. The plaque on the door said checkout was 1pm. At 9:55 the phone rang, it was maid service checking to see if we were still there or could they come clean the room. I answered that obviously, we were still there. Keep in mind that the "do not disturb" sign was still on our door, had they checked.

The service at the restaurants was 5 star. Unfortunately, the service at the hotel itself doesn't come close. The Magnolia is right next door and next time I will eat at the French Room, but stay at the Magnolia!

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Adolphus Hotel? Share your experiences!