“Elegant and Attentive Adolphus” 5 of 5 stars

Stay & Savor
Ranked #26 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Falls Church, Virginia
“Elegant and Attentive Adolphus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2006

The service at the Adolphus is the best I have experienced in a hotel -- and I travel for business almost constantly. Every staff member is brimming with helpfulness and kindness. Even the maid who came to clean my room asked very sincerely how I was enjoying my stay and wanted to know if she could do anything for me.

The first time I stayed at the Adolphus I arrived after 11 p.m., exhausted after horrible flight delays, and I had to be in court the next day at 9 a.m. Seeing my travel frustration and exhaustion, the gentlemen at the front desk upgraded me to a suite. The hotel won my loyalty with that!

Always busy on the road, I often order room service. One thing I love about the Adolphus is that you can order it all night long. So that awful night that I got in after 11 p.m., after hours of flight delays, having eaten nothing (thank you airlines, for that!), I was able to order a sandwich from room service. This last trip I ordered the cilantro roasted chicken from room service for dinner and it was SO GOOD!

The beds are very comfortable, and my room was charmingly different in that old hotel kind of way. One caveat about this very old hotel, though. There is no way of saying this without sounding crazy, so I will just say it: I am pretty sure it is haunted. I will leave it at that, and say that even so, the service is so great I think I will always try to stay there while in Dallas.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Lancaster, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2006

Located right in downtown it is a very attractive hotel. There are 3 restaurants, one a rodeo bar on the lower level, the Bistro on the main level and the top rated French room. There is an afternoon tea that you need to register for. Drinks are served in the classy upper lobby by the piano, with jackets needed after 6 pm.

The rooms are very spacious, clean, and very nicely furnished. Beds and linens are above average. Only downsides in the room are 1 sink in the bathroom, and a small TV due to the furnishings.

Rodeo bar good place for a beer and throwing peanut shells on the floor. The Bistro is nicely done, food is nothing special, wine by the glass ran $12-13. Servers and service are good.

French Room gets rave reviews from many and while it is definitely upscale you probably won't leave feeling like you got what you paid for ($72.pp and up)

Hotel staff is excellent and really focused on customer service. Only met one bellhop (Brook?)who was not up to snuff. Guess he felt $1.25 per bag was not enough.

Over-all would certainly stay there again and would recommend.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business

Been to Adolphus Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Adolphus Hotel

Address: 1321 Commerce St., Dallas, TX 75202
Location: United States > Texas > Dallas
Ranked #26 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Hotel Class:4 star — Adolphus Hotel 4*
The Adolphus hotel is an urban classic, with Lone Star tradition and cosmopolitan style. Travel + Leisure readers voted it one of the top 10 large city hotels in the Continental U.S. and Canada. The latest Zagat Survey ranks the hotel's French Room the #1 restaurant in Dallas for food, decor and service.Main Street entertainment and nightlife just outside our doors! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Adolphus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Adolphus Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.