“My recent stay at the Adolphus” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1321 Commerce St., Dallas, TX 75202   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #26 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
San Ramon, California
“My recent stay at the Adolphus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was my first chance to stay at the Adolphus in Dallas. I found it an excellent value. The service provided by the staff was friendly and they projected the feeling that they really appreciated my business. The room was what I would expect of this type of hotel. The one thing that did surprise me was the quality of the food served during our business conference. It was the best buffet food that I can remember. I didn't have the chance to eat in the hotel restaurant, but if the conference food was that good, the restaurant food must be outstanding.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Yes, The Adolphus offers incredible value and warm hospitality extended by a staff who truly cares about your comfort.

And The Adolphus is known throughout the world for its extraordinary cuisine prepared by a team of superbly trained chefs.

Thank you for recognizing these qualities about our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
Monroe, ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We chose The Adolphus solely because it was the wedding reception venue. It is gorgeous! My only personal complaint was too few outlets. The hotel is old and maybe that is why. Some of the floors were not flat and that gave it character knowing it's an old hotel. The interior of the room was decorated very nicely. The bathroom was fantastic. Kind of reminded me of a NYC or Boston brownstone ...old building but interior up to date. We were there for my nephew's wedding and was hardly in the room. We encountered staff from front desk, concierge, housekeeping, taxi service, restaurant staff, and all the people working the reception. This was the best party I have ever been to in my life. The areas the hotel covered were superior to any I have encountered. I have a catering biz in CT and offered our table server a job and gave him a $40 tip because he was that good. I have never spent 2 days in one place and only had extremely high praise for all the staff. We had breakfast in the Bistro and had the same excellent service. The food...OMG..was exceptional at the wedding and the Bistro and the room service breakfast.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your many compliments and observations. We take both to heart.

Our management and staff love creating experiences that last a lifetime. Wedding receptions are one of our specialties.

You are most kind to take the time to praise our staff. They appreciate knowing that they made you feel welcome and at home.

We hope you will come back to see us, again, very soon.

Warmest regards,

Stafford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had the best time at the hotel. the rooms were clean and my family enjoyed themselves. When we walked in we were welcomed nicely and the check in process was great. Same happened for our check out. We would like to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014

You are most kind.

Our staff appreciates knowing that they are helping to create wonderful family experiences.

May you return often to relive your happy memories of The Adolphus.

Warmest regards,

Ringoes, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights as part of a conference. The room and bathroom were comfortable and tasteful. The climate control in the room worked well and the internet was good. All the food served at the hotel was GREAT. The reason I'm only rating this a 4 is that that the hallway smelled sort of septic-y for the whole time (perhaps something related to age?), and the rooms often didn't get made up until mid-afternoon. Especially when I'm traveling for business and need to come back to my room to do a little work or make some calls, the unmade bed bothers me. The common areas of the hotel are quite nice, and if you're staying here, it's a good place to meet up. I'd definitely recommend this hotel. I had a room with a view of the air shaft but it was very quiet. Also, there are plenty of well-functioning elevators -- not always a given in these older hotels.

Room Tip: If you hate street noise, there are a lot of rooms that face the air shafts.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments. We also appreciate your taking the time to let us know what disappointed you. You can be sure that these issues are being addressed.

Kindest regards,

Cardston, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed in this wonderful hotel for four nights while on business in Dallas. Our suite was very comfortable, the beds we so comfortable that you just didn't want to get out of them. The service and staff were very friendly, knowledgable and all seemed to take pride in working in this hotel. They all seemed to have a very positive attitude which showed in their service and presentation. I strongly recommend the room service, it's very well priced, the food is fantastic and it all comes elegantly served on a fold out table, silverware and flowers etc. The hotel itself is an old beautiful building that has been tasteful added on to and upgraded to modern conveniences without loosing the style and elegance of the original. There is underground parking and free wifi. This is a great hotel for couples or business, perhaps not for families with kids. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are most grateful for your kind words and enthusiastic recommendation.

Our management and staff appreciate your taking the time to highlight our amenities and what impresses you most about The Adolphus.

All of us wish you the best in your travels and hope you will return to The Adolphus very soon.

Warm regards,

Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Our room had pink fuzz in several places including the awful shower. When calling room service for ice because no ice is available,the line was busy and they finally called us back when we were asleep. Upon returning home we realized our car was scratched during valet parking!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please accept our apologies for your poor experience. Your comments have been given to our senior management for immediate follow up.

Thank you.

Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I started staying at the Adolphus during the Crossroad Festival in Dallas. Been awhile, so I don't remember the year…However, we have come back over and over and have never been disappointed. The value of the room to the service the hotel provides is unbeatable. I am always looking for a deal with quality at luxury hotels.

And the convenience of the French Room for dinner can't be beat. We love it! It is worth the gold. We are always pleasantly surprised when we stay. Just old world meets modern.

I can't say enough…do not walk, run to the Adolphus and make your business, family or romantic fun!

PS: I would tell Patty F…if it was that bad, you should have asked to be moved. We have never had a problem with the hotel accommodating us. We even were given the Penthouse Suite one night by the manager. It rocked. Sorry for your disappointment…But, try again…

Leann W.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is always a joy to read that our staff impress - and The Adolphus rates a wow from most travelers.

Thank you for appreciating us for what we are and what we strive to be.

With kindest regards,

David

Been to Adolphus Hotel? Share your experiences!