“Oldest Hotel in Downtown Dallas, but still v nice.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1321 Commerce St., Dallas, TX 75202   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #30 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Doha, Qatar
“Oldest Hotel in Downtown Dallas, but still v nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel is fitted out in an older style, but has bags of character, it is quite busy during the day with conferences & training sessions etc.
The rooms are spacious - ask for one with big windows for more natural light.

The Walt Garrison Rodeo Bar & Grill, situated on the corner of the hotel on Commerce & Akard; was our favourite watering hole & did great food - try the Texas Chilli !
Brian is a great barman & kept us well watered & entertained.
A great bar in a town that gets quiet at sundown. A bit of a life-saver to be honest.

If you want to do some travelling around (Fort Worth / Dallas Cowboys Stadium / Malls etc, etc) get a hire car - a the taxi costs are very high & they have lots of surcharges - felt ripped off actually. The DART public transport system is limited to the suburbs & not that useful to visitors at all.
I do recommend the Dallas Segway Tour… very good indeed.

Room Tip: ask for one with big windows for more natural light.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

You are most kind, and we appreciate it.

Your tips and recommendations are excellent. I know many people will benefit from your insight.

Brian sends you his best wishes - and his personal thanks. He is delighted that he impressed you.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your return.

With warmest regards,

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed at the Adolphus Hotel in September 2013 with my lady. The lobby of the hotel is hands down the best lobby, it is outstanding. The staff was helpful but slightly on the mechanical/get through the day feel vs. connecting with the guest feel. The room was huge, (we had the luxury suite) and it was very clean. I did find it odd that there were no robes and slippers for this level of hotel, I expected it but oh well. Valet service was fast and well run. We visit Dallas from time to time and stay at different luxury hotels when we pass through. This hotel is good and beautiful, but it can be better.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your sharing your thoughts.

Thank you for including us in your travels.

All the best,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I wanted to get away in the city and enjoy all the nightlife of downtown. The Arts District is only a short distance away for the theatre and symphony. The Adolphus was in the best location to walk to restaurants on Main Street. We checked in and were greeted by Phil Johnson, what a great first impression. Aaron checked us in and made us feel like royalty. Our guestroom was large and had all the comforts of home. While the hotel does need some updating, I understand they are going to invest about $50 million in 2014. WOW! I can't wait to come back. The service from the moment we stepped into this historic hotel, to room service, which has to be the best I have ever experienced. The food was outstanding and the presentation was also. The lobby bar area was hopping with jazz entertainment and then we found the Rodeo Bar for a more casual late night cap.

Room Tip: I was in the guestroom that ended with 03, which I understand is an Executive suite. I was told they...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to read a balanced and fair review. Thank you.

Phillip Johnson is so pleased that he impressed you with his service. Anyone who has ever met him has found a friend for life. He never forgets a friendship and amazes guests, night after night.

You are most kind to include our restaurants and room service in your praise.

We do hope you return often and enjoy the amenities of our home.

Warmest regards,

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The Adolphus is my favorite hotel in Dallas. I've stayed here three times over the last ten years and it is consistently classy, good management and clean. If you like historic hotels this is a great choice for Dallas. I avoid the parking valet because there's plenty of public parking lots nearby. Located on Commerce Street opposite AT&T HQ.

• Stayed September 2013
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on The Adolphus.

We are so pleased that you are impressed with the hotel and its staff.

Until your next visit . . .

All the best,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

this hotel was a fantastic place to stay up due to it central location in the heart of Dallas. the concierge and staff were very helpful, the rooms are very clean and spacious. Cabs and police are always in and around this hotel for a peace of mind.

• Stayed September 2013
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Each year we have the honor of welcoming hundreds of guests from Australia. We are delighted that this tradition continues with your most recent visit.

Thank you for letting us know that our staff and accommodations impressed you.

We hope you return often to relive your happy memories of The Adolphus.

With warm regards,

Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Adolphus is a grand hotel with elegant bearing. It provides a quiet, elegant atmosphere where you feel you are important. Everything is provided for your comfort. The staff are very friendly and helpful. You have all the modern comforts. The food and dining experiences are great. I plan to return any time I can for that sinful bread pudding!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sue,

You are most kind.

We appreciate your compliments and high praise.

Thank you for staying with us and expressing your satisfaction. We look forward to your return.

Warmest regards,

Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My stay at the Adolphus was comfortable. It is an older hotel with old wood and great details. Queeen Elizabeth stayed there. The beds were very comfortable. I wasn't crazy about the interior design. It just didn't speak to me. Our room was huge though. It was conveniently close to the convention center. A bit humid and hot in July. The catered food there was pretty good. I did love the little cafe I found around the corner, Cafe Dan. I got the best Gyros sandwich I've ever had. Maybe it was the slight spiciness of it, probably Texas- style, that made it extra yummy and the home made pita bread was something I haven't found in decades. I went there two days in a row once I found it before I had to leave. The owner was expecially nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Janine,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your insight and your travel tips.

With kindest regards,

David

Been to Adolphus Hotel? Share your experiences!