“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Savannah, Georgia
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The Adolphus is by far one of the best Hotels I have stayed at. The staff is very accommodating, friendly, and organized. I arrived at the hotel on Saturday Feb 20, around 1:00PM. I had a reservation and the hotel was sold out the previous night and the day of my arrival. I knew check in was actually at 3:00PM. It was me expectation that I was going to have to wait in the Rodeo bar for a few hours before I would be able to check in. This was not the case, the hotel staff took all of my check In information right away and stated that they would call me once my room was ready. My room was ready within ten minutes.
The room was clean, spacious, stocked with clean linens, mini bar, and toiletries. I ordered room service one afternoon and my food was delivered within 20 minutes.
If you are looking for a nice hotel with a lot of history, this is the place to stay. They have something for everyone. The Rodeo Bar is a great place for casual dining and the French Room offers five star dining. While I was in Dallas, I did visit a few other hotels where others from my group were staying. I can tell you the service at this hotel is by far the best.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Ben,

We appreciate your kind words about your recent stay. It was a pleasure having you with us.

Thorough reviews like yours help hotels gain insight into how they are doing and where they are succeeding. Your visits to other hotels in Dallas also give other travelers an understanding of how The Adolphus compares to its peers.

Well said - and well done. Thank you!

We look forward to your return.

With kindest regards,

1,632 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I guess if you like old-school hotels, the Adolphus is the place for you, but I just didn't get the hype.

Issues:
1). No self-parking available. Parking is valet only, costs $20+ per day, and good luck getting your car out in a reasonable amount of time in the morning.
2). There are no ice machines. You have to call room service to get ice. Yeah, it's free, but the person bringing it to you will be expecting a tip.
3). Attitude. When I check in to a hotel, regardless of the price, I expect to be treated professionally. The front desk had their noses so high in the air, they were likely to drown in a rainstorm.
4). Room technology - there was a DVD player in my room, but it was not hooked up to the TV. No problem, since the cables were sitting on top of it. I hooked it up. But the power cable didn't reach the outlet. OK, no biggie, I travel with an extension cord. I turned the TV on and pressed the input select button, and there was a message on the TV that it had been disabled. So they advertise DVD players in the rooms, they supply them, but they're not hooked up? Disappointing. Also, the internet service in the hotel was bad. I ended up using AT&T's free Wi-Fi from their building across the street

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay of a year ago. In the hotel business, a year is a lifetime. Staff changes, improvements to technology are made, continuous training addresses inefficiencies, and so on.

The Adolphus does have valet parking, as do most downtown hotels. The valet parkers do their very best to deliver the cars promptly. We receive many compliments on their hard work and eagerness to please.

Our ice deliveries are gratuity-free, since this is a complimentary service. Out of a generous spirit, some guests tip the room service waiter. But, there is no expectation on the waiter's part. The hotel already compensates them for these deliveries, knowing that this is a complimentary service.

The in-room technology should have been completely installed. As you might expect, previous guests sometimes tamper with the DVD players without our knowledge. AT&T is our Wi-Fi provider. It receives consistently excellent ratings from our guests. In fact, we have had several upgrades to this service since you stayed with us a year ago.

As you can see by the many TripAdvisor reviews, our staff are praised over and over, again, for their graciousness. If anyone was unkind to you, we sincerely apologize. Our standard is "pleasing every guest, every time." There is no place in the hospitality business for aloofness.

It is very important to notify hotels of any problems experienced immediately after a stay. As with any business, it is difficult to address mistakes made a year ago.

Again, thank you, Chris, for your feedback.

Very sincerely,

Frisco, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We needed to stay downtown for a wedding and were passed the booking date. The Reservationist accomodated our stay and rate, even when they were booked up with a Realtor Convention. The staff and guests were very pleasant and accommodating. We needed quick directions to the venue of the wedding and the Concierge had the map delivered to our room within five minutes. After checking out, I found that I had left personal property in a drawer. The Security Staff, immediately located the property and had it ready for my pick up. This was truly a wonderful experience and a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The 18th floor was very nice and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Maria,

It is a pleasure to read your kind compliments about your recent stay at The Adolphus. Our staff loves the feedback!

The hotel's central location serves guests well, and our concierge staff enjoys making everyone feel at home in Dallas/Fort Worth.

We are also glad that we reunited you with your personal property. You contacted us promptly, and it was a snap to locate it.

All of us at The Adolphus wish you the very best, Maria.

With warmest regards,

Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Reently attended a conference in Dallas and stayed 3 nights at the Adolphus Hotel. Excellent accomdations, and outstanding staff. It was like being on a Luxury vacation, even though it was a business trip.
Enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel, a step back in time, but still modern enough with all you would need.
Loved the FREE luxury limo service to get back and forth to my events. The entire staff from front desk, housekeeping ( room was extremely clean, neat and comfortable) Concierge to the Limo driver were courteous and treated you like a Royal visitor.
I only had an opportunity to eat Breakfast in the restaurant and service was also excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting for pleasure of business.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Dale,

How kind of you to post such a thorough review of The Adolphus. We love to hear that you were impressed with all aspects of your stay!

Your description of the luxury vacation is what we strive to achieve for all of our guests. The complimentary sedan service is one of the most popular facets of our royal treatment, as you can imagine. It saves time and money - a winning combination in this challenging economy.

Thank you for choosing The Adolphus and sharing your experience with other travelers.

Best regards,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed for Valentine's night, beautiful hotel with wonderful staff. Several good restaurants within walking distance. The common area are very nice and the rooms are large along with spacious bathrooms and lots of counter space.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you had a beautiful stay at The Adolphus.

Thank you for letting us - and other travelers - know about your recent experience.

With kindest regards,

San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I knew that my two recent stays at the Adolphus would be wonderful, and I was right! Since I grew up and lived in Dallas for many years, I watched with envy when friends and relatives would get to stay at this historic and elegant hotel. Now we know what they must have experienced - beautiful comfort with a staff attentive to our every need, delicious food and an unusually quiet and restful environment. I have stayed in several downtown hotels, but The Adolphus is the BEST. I plan to return and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Glenda,

We are so glad we lived up to the recommendations of your family and friends. This is high praise, indeed.

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences, especially what made it perfect for you.

All of us at The Adolphus look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Port Washington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very nice, this is where you stay to be treated right. Clean and meets your needs on call. You are in the heart of downtown and you have food, drink and whatever else you could need a short distance away>

Room Tip: Look for a deals on cost
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to compliment us. We all appreciate your kind words and recommendation.

The Adolphus is in the center of everything, to be sure.

Wishing you the best,

David

Been to Adolphus Hotel? Share your experiences!