“Every glitch addressed immediately” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Only $1 Extra For Parking
Ranked #25 of 188 hotels in Dallas
Tucson
“Every glitch addressed immediately”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

This was our fourth or fifth time staying here for three nights during one of the busiest weekends of the year (Oklahoma/Texas game). At first, housekeeping was fairly dismal, with us needing to call every day at about 4 p.m. to see if our room was ever going to get cleaned (they kept saying it wasn't "on the schedule" to be cleaned). But when I discussed our problems and disappointment with a manager on day No. 3, he carefully listened and responded the way a classy hotel should. I believe that this aspect will improve, and we plan on staying there again. I also wanted to note that every other part of the Adolphus was as superior as in the past: The food, the front desk, bellhops and valet. And it's definitely better - and much cheaper - than the Mansion at Turtle Creek, where we had stayed more than a dozen times in the past (same weekend).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
DavidDavis, Director of Public Relations at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Dear Vandra,

Thank you for your kind compliments.

You are correct: It is one of the busiest weekends of the year. While that provides a reason, it's still not an excuse, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your graciousness and patience.

It would be grand to have you with us, again.

Best regards,

1,632 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Huntington, WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. It is a beautiful historic hotel. I checked in at 10:30 PM and there was a full staff. The room was huge. I had a suite. Sometimes with historic hotels they really show their age. This place is expansive and everything is clean and in well-tended condition.
The staff from the maid to the concierge was professional, friendly and very knowledgeable. They have restaurants (see my review of the Bistro), bars and large seating areas where you can enjoy a drink and chat or just soak up the atmosphere. They serve a delightful afternoon tea. The beds are incredible. I called my husband and he tried to find were we can by the linens and the mattress. I can't imagine staying anywhere else when I am in Dallas.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
DavidDavis, Director of Sales at Adolphus Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are most grateful for your high praise.

To read that we are one of the best hotels with which you are acquainted truly makes us smile. As you can imagine, it takes much hard work - by a lot of dedicated staff - to accomplish the high level of cleanliness you describe.

Our managing director personally selected the bed linens, and the comfort that they provide has been an unqualified hit.

Your loyalty means so much to us.

With kindest regards,

Mount Pleasant, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

The Adolphus Hotel is a magical place. From the moment you enter the magic begins. The fine furnishings, lovely chandeliers, and the most amazing 1893 Steinway piano draws you into another place in time. A quieter, elegance permeates this hotel. The room was splendid.

We were there to assist a friend of ours in carrying out a surprise marriage proposal at dinner in the evening at the French Room. I can not describe with words the delightful fare offered. All was exquisitely presented and the taste a utter joy to the palette. The staff of the French room were exceptional. It was truly the most magical weekend overall all and would not have been so if done somewhere other than the Adolphus and French Room.

Mike Reed played the lovely 1893 Steinway in such a way to enhance the ambiance provided by this lovely hotel. It was so difficult to leave while he was continuing to play. He is a gifted artists and was so generous to share the story of the piano and talk to fellow music lovers. His choices of music were superb.

My review may seem a bit overstated. Please believe me it is not. I am only sad that I have not enjoyed this lovely hotel prior to this stay. It is now on my first choice when in Dallas.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Waco, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed at the Adolphus while in town to enjoy the State Fair. The hotel is beautiful and so charming- charming in a great way. Everyone who we came in contact with from the hotel was so nice, they made sure our stay was wonderful! Our room was lovely and large. We enjoyed breakfast at the Bistro- very good.
My only regret is that we didn't get to try the French Room. We took a peek inside and it was beautiful! The Adolphus will be our go to hotel in Dallas from now on!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I had a quick one night stay at this historic jewel but I would highly recommend staying here for anyone visiting Dallas. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere takes you back to the days of railroad and cattle barons.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed over Friday night last weekend with my 11 year old - she loved it. The place is pretty much in line with all the previous posts. Beautifully 90% restored 100 year old hotel. The 10% not restored is noticeable, which is a shame. It was the little things; loose fictures, a hole where the pot light was supposed to be in the closet, a crack here and there. That being said, it is a beautiful place. The parking was not an issue - we didn't wait more than 2-3 minutes to hand the car off and about 5 minutes to pick it up. The $24 was steep but I couldn't find anywhere else to park that was close. What helps my opinion was the $115 rate I paid through Expedia. I would not have paid anymore than $150-$175 for my purposes but if you're looking for an elegant place to stay downtown, $200-$300 per night would not be bad for this hotel. We didn't use the restaurant or bar but they looked terrific.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011 via mobile

If your looking for an "old rich" hotel, this is for you. Nothing has been updated in years. Clean hotel, but way too dated for my taste. I had an issue with only having scalding hot water in the shower and called , but no one fixed it. Big room, but you couldnt see the tv from the bed, strange...

Have to imagine there is better in Dallas

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for expressing your opinion.

The hotel located the plumbing problem you mentioned, and it has been addressed and repaired. We are very sorry that this spoiled your stay.

While we maintain the historic integrity of The Adolphus, we continue to enhance and improve the hotel, year after year.

David

Been to Adolphus Hotel? Share your experiences!