“An oasis in the middle of Dallas” 4 of 5 stars

Cooper Hotel Conference Center & Spa
3.0 of 5 Spa   |   12230 Preston Road, Dallas, TX 75230   |
Ranked #15 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“An oasis in the middle of Dallas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

When viewing this hotel as a destination location, it is hard to beat. An oasis in the middle of Dallas this hotel and its accompanying facilities represent a classic charm mixed with first class fitness. While on the grounds you feel like you have been transported into another location. One immediately feels relaxed, renewed and invigorated. It could be a wonderful, quiet and romantic weekend for two or simply an opportunity to re-create. I have stayed there numerous times, and yes, while the rooms are not brand new, they are first class.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Beverly W, Manager at Cooper Hotel Conference Center & Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Great location for a visit to the cooper. I can't imagine staying here for any other reason. Rooms are dated, but nice and quiet. I have stayed here 3 times and know what to expect. You do have access to the great fitness center!!!

• Stayed September 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

What a nice place this hotel must have back in the mid-20th century when it was built! Beautiful grounds, and it is adjacent to the great Clinic. But unfortuntely, decades of deferred maintenance have taken their toll! Cold water and slow drains in the shower, ripped seams in the carpets, aged tile and fixtures in the baths, etc. Clearly long pastdue for a major removation. And on weekends it converts to 'limited service' with no restaurant, serving only a Quinta-style breakfast and no maintenance staff for those room issues. A quaint place but we are not going back.

• Stayed August 2012
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My phone was stolen while attending a wedding here this past weekend.

I approached the wedding co-ordinator who was flippant and unprofessional. When I asked her if she'd seen my cell phone. She replied, "mine's right here". (Why would I ask about HER phone!?). Some of the servers were helpful and said they would keep an eye out. I am disappointed in the response I received from a person who was in a leadership role. I expected more from the Cooper Institute and it's affiliations.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We were able to assist the guest in locating her phone twice, but unfortunately could not locate it a third time. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience you experienced.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed at Cooper while visiting family in Dallas (the Lodge was the closest hotel to where my relatives live). I did not use any of the fitness or spa facilities other than the walking trails, which were very peaceful and inviting.

The room was large, clean, and very quiet (I did not hear any noise at all). The staff was unfailingly polite and helpful.

The only negative was that the decor of the room looked like it was straight out of the 1980's (wallpaper, furniture, bath fixtures, etc). The room was also very dark, so I needed to turn on lights even during the day. If the Cooper Lodge updates their rooms, this could really become a fabulous destination.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012 via mobile

I booked in by myself for a spa weekend. I didn't book any programme or anything like that. It was a bad start: I found reception and was given my key. I wasn't told anything else: I.e. where is my room, where is the fitness centre, spa, breakfast room, restaurant. Obviously I worked it out. My room was large and nicely furnished. Good wifi service, clean, comfortable. The place looks like a campus though and I was thinking more landscaped grounds which was a surprise. So, no view to speak of from the rom, just joggers going round the track!

The gym is a short walk and it's massive and well equipped. There is a small ladies sauna and jacuzzi in the changing room. Decent, but nothing more than you'd find in a decent gym.

I booked a massage and the therapist, Lindy, was lovely. I recommend her.

The let down for me was the dining. I stopped by the "restaurant" for dinner on both nights. It was like someone's living room, moreover empty of people and no tables laid. Very weird. So I got room service which was speedy and good food. Don't expect a wine list though :) it's tee total. Similarly, the breakfast set up was like a cheap motel: tiny glass lean to with a help yourself counter of standard bagels, cornflakes etc. I was expecting fresh cooked healthy fare on a white tablecloth...

Overall, it was relaxing but as a spa weekend experience I would opt for one of the fancy hotels next time. It's more of a clinic than pamper place.

• Stayed January 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I love staying at the cooper center. the staff is wonderful, it is not only relaxing but the gym is top notch. every detail is taken care of and the entire structure works as a unit. I have given several meetings here and I am thrilled with each and every experince.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Cooper Hotel Conference Center & Spa? Share your experiences!