“Tired and not up to Sheraton standard” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Olive Street, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #60 of 192 Hotels in Dallas
Sydney, Australia
“Tired and not up to Sheraton standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is tired and in need of a renovation. I expected more from a Sheraton. The rooms are all brown from the 70's and on the small side. The bathroom is also tiny. However, the bed was comfy and the shower good. There is no fridge in the room. The air con was very noisy and you couldn't turn it off. Concierge staff were helpful but lacked many good suggestions. Breakfast buffet had a nice selection and the coffee was good. One tip, hidden on level 4 Centre Tower is a guest laundry with washer and dryer for only 75 cents each. We did all our washing for less than the cost of one pair of hotel dry cleaned undies. This is clearly a business focused hotel. Wouldn't stay here again I'm afraid but I got a very cheap rate. Now I know why it was so inexpensive.

Room Tip: Ensure you get a room where the air con can be turned off.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hello Brad,

We apologize for your experience during your stay with us. We encourage stay with us again in the future and to connect with me directly at ted.lepak@sheraton.com so I can personally apologize as well as make arrangements for you to have the best room to meet your needs during your next stay. I will also be able to make any recommendations you need for the area. We look forward to the opportunity to give you a special Sheraton quality experience.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

my wife and I travelled to Dallas for. weekend getaway. I decided to get an executive suite to have more space.

the suite was a joke. it was supposed to be a 2 room suite. the reality was that it was a regular room with an adjacent windowless room attached to it, basically dead space made into an additional part if the room. this bus the first time I have truly felt cheated at a Starwood hotel.

the location is fine. restaurants basic. the SPG club room was a decent size.

this is a no frills hotel on Dallas. it is adequate for a short business stay but not a good choice for anything else.

Stayed December 2013
Hello Inder22,

Thank you for the time you took to provide us with feedback. Due to the anonymous nature of your review, I cannot directly address your concerns regarding your accommodations. I can say that being the largest hotel in the state offers us the opportunity to offer our guests a variety of room sizes and configurations allowing our customers to customize their experience with us. If you would like to connect with me directly so I can personally apologize as well as make arrangements for you to have the best room to meet your needs during your next stay, please e-mail me your contact information at ted.lepak@sheraton.com.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I wanted something special for my mother who came from Minnesota to see her only grandchild. She insisted on staying at a very expensive hotel in Dallas but i insisted that the Sheraton looked quite nice on the website. At check in, the skyway to take us to hotel was closed, so we had to drag my 9 month old across a busy road as quickly as we could to get to the check in desk. My mother waited for me at the restaurant and ordered food. The waitress forgot to put in her order. She decided to just leave bc it was taking so long and as she was leaving, the waitress said, "Please don't tell my boss, i'll get fired." At check in, we didn't receive our rooms next to each other, didn't receive the mini fridge we wanted asked for that morning. I kept calling all day and finally called the MOD manuel and got it shortly after speaking with him. So it takes a manager to get things done huh. The smoothie shop wasn't open. We were told there was a shuttle on the 800 reservation number but called down to the front desk and the agent said there wasn't one. No one rushed once to answer the phone when we would dial 1 on our room phone. Just an absolute disappointment. Next time we will spend 400 a night just to have the night of our life…..When you stay cheap, you get cheap. I still have one day left here, wonder what will happen next?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello Michelle,

We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. We are concerned with the issues you have addressed in your review and we would like to know more about your experience. If you have the opportunity, please email 03207.socialmedia@sheraton.com with your contact information, room number, details on the sky bridge closure, your experience at the restaurant, and the refrigerator you requested. We invite you to stay with us again for another chance to give you the true quality Sheraton Dallas experience.

houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Went to Dallas for a flooring convention and have to say that the hotel was very nice, although I stayed at the Marriott throughout my stay. During our breaks for lunch we only had an allotted amount of time to eat. We flooded both resuraunts that they were apparently understaffed. Two days in a row my colleague and I went to the Draft Sports Bar. We sat at the bar because every table was full. The two people I want to recognize are the two bartenders that took care of us on our visit. Stephen was very busy and helping others and running in and out of the bar while still continuing to provide us with great service, thank you Stephen. The next day we had another comparable experience where Arron was very busy and warned us upon arrival that food would take around 30 minutes. He ordered our food and quoted us a time. Our food took a little longer than he said, about 40 minutes but still very accurate. While even very busy Arron was very efficient and humorous in light of the insanity and gave us very prompt and personal service by asking our names and continued to do so not just for us but to others at the bar also. Very impressed. Thank you to both Stephen and Arron, if ever in Dallas again I will definitely be watching the game at the Draft.

• Stayed December 2013
Hello Desmondator,

Thank you for recognizing Stephen and Arron for their service and their thoughtfulness. We are pleased to know you plan to return to Draft the next time you journey to Dallas. We invite you to stay with us so you can enjoy the full experience of the Sheraton Dallas.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

The Dallas Sheraton is a great hotel. I stayed for 3 nights during a large global conference and hosted 3 meetings while at the hotel. Check in was fast and welcoming. The room that I had in the north tower was refreshed and had a spectacular view. It was a bit tight with a king size bed but not an issue. The bathroom was huge though. It sounded like my room was much more up-to-date than others on our trip.
The sports bar in the hotel is great to catch a game, have a drink and food and there are some quiet spots in case you need to do business.
Housekeeping offers a deal where you get $5 voucher for a non-alcoholic drink or 500 Starwood Points for not refreshing towels or sheets. I took this offer one night and didn't get service at all when they indicate they will empty trash and replace toiletries....I didn't choose this deal any other night.
The meeting space was nice for our meetings and any issues we had were fixed very quickly. The food is some of the best banquet food I've ever had!
The gym is outstanding with a beautiful outdoor pool.
Staying at this hotel puts you within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, etc.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Hello Megan,

We are pleased to know that you felt welcome during your stay at the Sheraton Dallas. The “Make a Green Choice” program declines all housekeeping services in your room, not just the towels and the sheets. We apologize if you felt we indicated otherwise. We are glad you had an enjoyable experience with your meeting, our Fitness Center, and the Draft Media Sports Lounge. We invite you to return to the Sheraton Dallas for another lovely experience with us.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel and it's staff are great! So great that I had to email the corporate office." I was a guest at the Sheraton Downtown
Dallas on Friday December 6, 2013. I have to
say that I was really impressed by your hotel
and it's staff. The hotel was packed due to
the weather but the staff handled it well. I
was greeted by Miguel and he made our
night one to remember. It was my wife's
birthday and he gave us a gorgeous room
with a spectacular view. I just thought you
should know how well the staff was doing
and I plan on returning the next time I stay in
Dallas."

• Stayed December 2013
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Hello sty7mile,

Thank you for sharing your recommendation with the Sheraton’s corporate office. We are pleased to know that you and your wife were able to enjoy a special room and stay warm during the winter storm. We have shared your review with the Director of Front Office, and we will make sure Manuel is recognized for his outstanding service. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you stay in Dallas.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

1st- We won the hotel bid on priceline for our thanksgiving break. $250 for three days was a great price for this hotel, but of course, doing it through priceline it was a bit of a gamble.

It is important to me and my family to have a clean hotel and Sheraton lived up to our expectations.

If you visit, the "Draft media sports bar", which is located in the hotel, was a really nice hangout spot while staying at the hotel. Great drinks, great atmosphere, however, we spent $100 in two hours for having 2 appetizers and only a few drinks.

Please take note that there is no free parking, if you want to self- park it's $21 per day. If you want valet parking it's $27 per day. The valet was worth the $6 extra dollars.

Even though, I had a bit of a problem with how expensive things were in the hotel, my overall rating only reflects on the cleanliness, convenience, personnel and smooth transitions of the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel, I would just advise to take a little extra money.

Room Tip: The room with the king size bed is a bit small but very comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello Gysel,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know you had a clean and convenient experience and we invite you to return for another enjoyable experience at the Sheraton Dallas.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!