“Red River Rivalry - OU-TX Weekend 2013” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Olive Street, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #66 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
Del City, Oklahoma
“Red River Rivalry - OU-TX Weekend 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Began looking to reserve a room near the West End district three weeks before. Didn't have much of a choice so was happy to find anything. This Sheraton was a mile from the West End and had a few rooms available. The price was approx $300 for a Friday night which was expected. Overnight covered parking was $21. The hotel was packed with football fans. More Sooners than Longhorns. The hotel was nice and big. Clean and centrally located with several quality restaurants and taverns within walking distance. The DART public transportation made getting from the hotel to the West End and to the Texas State Fair very easy and inexpensive. For the most part the hotel staff was helpful and friendly. I'm sorry I didn't have time to use the Sheratons other services.

• Stayed October 2013
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello KaptainKool,

We are glad you enjoyed your Texas-OU experience with us and we invite you to stay with us again next year so you can have the opportunity to enjoy of all the services within the hotel.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This Sheraton hotel (we stayed on the club level) was awesome. It exceeded our expectations. The customer service from staff was #1. The staff treated us as if we were the only customers at the hotel. The club room was awesome with daily continental breakfast (it was really much more than this) fresh fruit, starbucks beverages and all types of snacks and water available. The swimming pool was never crowded. We experienced a delay in poolside service and the manager apologized with a free order of wings and warm rolls which were delicious. The hotel has a nice gift shop and a super breakfast buffet. The bar was a nice place for a game of pool. Great hotel experience.

Room Tip: Club level rooms and above are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sheraton D, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hello Coupondiva,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your experience at the Sheraton Dallas. We apologize for the pool side delay, and we are glad the wings and rolls we appeasing. We invite you to stay with us again the next time you journey to Dallas for another awesome experience.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

You would think this being the Sheraton it would be nice, but no! The exterior of the building and the entrance is nice. The hall ways are hot as he'll and so are the elevators. Our room in the south tour was average. The bathroom is tiny. The toilet was old, the kind you flush with your foot so you don't have to get germs. The shower is tiny and fixtures were way out of date. The air in the room worked half [--]. You can hear the traffic like crazy. Ice machine didn't work.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Jessica,

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your room. We encourage you to stay with us again on your next journey to Dallas, and I personally invite you to connect with me at ted.lepak@sheraton.com so I can make sure your experience is very special and enjoyable.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here for business.

Pros: Nice location. Good breakfast. Lots of parking space. Rooms are not bad at all. Overall, a very good hotel.

Cons: Old carpets in the hallway. I found the front desk staff to be a bit weird.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and we invite you to return for another stay with us in the future so we can turn your four star experience into a five star enjoyable memory.

Tolland, Connecticut, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had an extraordinarily long wait for check in, which was not a good start. I stayed three nights, and had a cold shower each morning as there was no hot water. I also had no soap in my room on the first day. I asked for the hot water to be fixed each day, and someone did come up to check, but it did no good. My friend was staying in the same hotel at the same time in another tower and they had the same problem.

On the plus side, the continental breakfast was fantastic, with excellent fresh fruit and attentive service. However, at $19.00 it was extremely expensive.

I would not recommend this hotel at all - there are plenty of other places to stay in the area - I would give this place a wide berth.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello Martin,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We apologize for the wait at check-in and the cold shower, one of our hot water pumps went down last week and that did affect some of the rooms. We encourage you to stay with us again on your next journey to Dallas, and I personally invite you to connect with me at ted.lepak@sheraton.com so I can make sure your experience is very special and enjoyable.

Willemstad, Curacao
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I would not choose this hotel again. The location was good everything within downtown is walkable. You walk to other side of downtown(Omni Hotel area in like 15/20 min). Plenty of good dining options within walking distance but that is it. I had a conference in the Hotel next time I ould choose a different Hotel and walk or take a taxi each morning.
Arrived at checkin time room was not ready, had to wait for 90 min. When I went to the room they were still "cleaning" the room. I had a junior suite which was huge but empty there is nothing in it. What is the use of empty space. It is a business hotel so I expect in a suite at least a decent table to work at. Internet connection is lousy and did not work for 2 days. When they got it fixed it failed intermittently.
The room it self was not clean very dusty, there were beer caps, pen, piece of paper on the floor. Looking at the dust around them they were lying there for weeks. AC not easy to control. I had 2 units one could not be turned off.
Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Choose a different Hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello Huub9999,

We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your room, internet and air conditioning. We encourage you to stay with us again on your next journey to Dallas, and I personally invite you to connect with me at ted.lepak@sheraton.com so I can make sure your experience is very special and enjoyable.

Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I should have known it was that bad when I opened the door and the closet door was off its hinges! There were brown stains on the white comfirter (see pic)!! OMG! GROSS! Don't even want to think about what caused those! There was water remaining in the ice bucket and the floor wasn't clean. The furniture didn't fit with the room layout. It was as if it was used in a nicer hotel years ago and these people got a deal at auction. Ok, if that crapp isn't enough, I had to argue with them for OVER AN HOUR to get internet access for "free" when it was supposed to be included in the rate. I guess $230 a night isn't enough to get a decent room in Dallas.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello DrLuv,

We appreciate you sharing your review with us. If you have the opportunity, please email 03207.socialmedia@sheraton.com with your contact information, room number, and a note about the closet door, comforter, the floor. We will investigate the room and look to improve future guests’ experiences from your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your room and the internet. I personally encourage you to stay with us again, and when you book please email me directly so I can see to it that you have a very enjoyable and special experience.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!