“Really great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Olive Street, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #61 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Buffalo, New York
“Really great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

When I got to the hotel after a rough ride in, Carrie greeted me at the front desk and was so fantastic. She helped take a minute to relate and got me back on track for the rest of the business trip. You need more people like her in your very nice hotel. Really great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hi Jay G,
We are so pleased to hear that Carrie on our front desk team made your business trip stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel so positive and memorable. Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to having you back with us!

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Turkish first
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Upon pulling up to the Sheraton Dalls, my luggage was already pulled out of the trunk, door opened with the bellman reaching for me to help me out. This was all done before my cab driver even got a chance to settle my bill! Already impressed :) Once I got to the front desk, Auelea was extremely pleasant and moved swiftly to get me all set to go up to my room. All of my room accommodations were beyond what I expected, the "magic cup" was my favorite :) The food and staff in both restaurants were wonderful. My stay at the Sheraton Dallas was nothing short of FABULOUS and most definitely would reccommend this hotel to anyone traveling for business, or if you need to be near the convention center (this hotel is in business district about a mile from the convention center).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hi Jalisa J,
We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. It's so nice to hear that Auelea at our front desk was able to start off your hotel stay with a welcoming check-in and that our staff and service throughout your time with us was unsurpassed. We always strive to ensure a memorable guest experience for our guests so your feedback is very much appreciated. We look forward to having you back with us!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

As SPG members, we were treated well from the valet service to checkout. Club room is probably the best of the 20 or so Sheratons we have visited. The hotel is not five-star, but is a solid 4 and gives you everything you would expect of a 4. Great job, good food, great service, clean rooms, nice high floor pool area -- looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi thegarageguy,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent experience with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased that our service, amenities and overall property were able to exceed your expectations while you were with us on your recent trip to Dallas. We truly appreciate your dedication to our Starwood Preferred Guest program and look forward to having you back!

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

6 nights at the Sheraton Dallas Downtown on Olive Street flew by rather fast, thanks to the comfort of the hotel. It is situated in the Arts District, a stone throw away from the Dallas Museum of Art and other interesting Art Museums, and a handful of scattered restaurants.

The hotel itself is your standard chain hotel, with no special decor or charm attached to it, but it is clean, the check in staff and the waiters at the DRAFT Bar are friendly and the hotel has all the amenities one would expect from a good city hotel - a good business centre, a great gift shop with pretty much all the necessary titbits (snacks, drinks, Dallas and Texas souvenirs, jewellery, luggage and a good selection of beauty products too), a great coffee shop (Peet's Coffee) and of course the awesome DRAFT Bar with good bar fare.

We had a room on the 29th floor of the North Tower, being the 'Starwood Preferred Guest Level' but i am not sure what extras that entitles one to. These rooms have been newly refurbished and ours was a decent size, with a nice big bathroom which has a bathtub/shower, and an added perk - a make up mirror. There is a hairdryer, safe and coffee machine too. Sadly no provision is made for tea drinkers as the only selection of teabags is herbal. The bed is large, the bed linen crisp and incredibly comfortable. You are supposed to get two complimentary bottles of drinking water everyday but this was only provided on the first two days. Given the mediocre levels of housekeeping (described below) we decided it was easier to just buy water rather than wait hours to get some.

Our check in was smooth and efficient, which is more than I can say for the housekeeping. On check in, I noticed there was no shower cap, bathrobes or bedroom slippers. I was in Dallas for a conference and needed suits and shirts pressed and noticed there was no laundry receipt either. The obvious thing to do was to call guest services and request these missing items. I had to call 4 times speak to a different person each time and wait for 2 hours before a hassled housekeeper arrived and provided the items. By the time i made the 4th phonecall i was fuming and had to threaten to call a manager to get the service I needed. Happily though, this was the only time during the stay that the service fell short of perfect, if you discount the fact that our room was never cleaned before 5 pm, however I suppose this was due to the sheer number of attendees staying at The Sheraton and would assume this to be an exception rather than the norm.

There are a few good restaurants in this area, however none within walking distance. The two main shopping malls, Northpark and Galleria are a good 20-30 minute cab ride away. The Sheraton downtown is a good choice for a business hotel but I would probably stay elsewhere for leisure.

Room Tip: The rooms in the North Tower are newly refurbished. Ask for a room on a higher floor for a stunning...
Hi HMAcharya,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are sorry you did not have as positive of an experience with our housekeeping team as you had hoped for and deserve, but we appreciate your feedback and will certainly connect with our management team regarding how we can improve. If given the opportunity we would love to have you back with us again.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Sheraton is a very large conference hotel and was packed with a large convention when we went filled with screaming children however we never experienced any extraordinary delays when it came to check in, check out or elevators so they are obviously prepared for these larger crowds. Located near a rapid transit line it is easy to get to from the airport or Fort Worth.

Check-in went smooth with friendly staff and no problems. The room itself was clean and what you would expect - some modern touches and comfortable. The bathroom was a nice size and the bed was comfortable. One interesting note is that this hotel takes being environmentally concise seriously; most hotels tell you they won't change linens, etc... for "environmental reasons" which seems code word for "because we save money". Instead the Sheraton offers you a $5 gift card (redeemable at their restaurant, coffee shop, etc) for every day you decline housekeeping (you are given the card on a daily basis). This is a great idea because the consumer actually sees some benefit from this.

The fitness facility is the best I have seen in a hotel - it is loaded with all the typical fitness equipment and has many specialized items (like bosu balls for example). The sheer amount of equipment they have makes it a great place to workout.

While they charge for in-room internet we found it just as convenient to go down to the lobby and use their computers/printers free of charge. They have quite a few (over 10 I believe) all connected to printers and the computers are modern and fast.

The location is just so-so, the area does not seem too lively in the evenings or weekends. It is near the arts district where you can take tours of some of the nice museums (Nasher Sculpture Centre), one of which is free (Museum of Art). If you are able to take one of the arts district tours that centres around architecture do it! Some of the buildings are very unique when you examine the actual design behind them and they are all conveniently located near the hotel to make for a great tour. The free trolley is nearby to take you to uptown as well. We also found it a short walk (20-30 minutes) to the historical district however keep in mind the walk back late at night might not be the safest, while there were no immediate dangers to us the streets were rather quiet and there was a lot of suspicious activity (nevermind security lurking around, which indicates there are problems) I would probably recommend people stick to the main street the train runs down if walking late at night.

Overall the OK was as expected for the most part; the room was good, the bathroom was good, the service was good. But what put it over the top was the great lobby computer/printers available for free and the incredible fitness facility. Those really set the hotel apart.
(The pool was closed while we were there but looked really nice too)

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator - will be noisy if a conference is going on.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Trevor-EDM,
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. We're so pleased you loved our state-of-the-art Core Performance fitness facility and that it exceeded your expectations above and beyond what you were originally anticipating. We look forward to having you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I am very pleased to say Shannon went above and beyond with the great customer service that she showed. She was very friendly an also quick with my check in experience..loveeeeeed and enjoyed my stay...Thank you Shannon!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Hi pink_lucyy88,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that Shannon made your check-in experience so pleasant and that your stay with us was so memorable. Our staff works very hard to ensure guest satisfaction, so your feedback is very well-received. Come back and see us soon!

Luxembourg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just stayed a few nights at this hotel in Dallas, but would not return. As a Platinum Starwood member, I was upgraded to what they called a suite, although the extra room is dark (no windows) with horribly outdated furniture, and non-functioning air conditioning. The layout of the main room was also poor, with 3 small drawers to put clothes in (not nearly enough), and no central light switch, so you had to walk around the room turning on and off every single light. There were no cups or glasses in the bathroom, and every day, I had a different assortment of towels, as the maid service was inconsistent.

On top of this, I had some packages delivered to the hotel. I had called a few weeks earlier, to make sure it was OK to send the packages early, so they would definitely be there when I arrived. I was told that was fine, and they would be waiting for me in the business center. That was all I was told. When I arrived to pick up the packages, I was charged nearly $70, as their minimum charge is $8.95, but if the package is a bit heavier, it goes up to $16.95, which is outrageous. They never mentioned this, and when I argued about the charge, the front desk said that the business center is a separate company and there was nothing they could do about the charge. I stay at Sheraton/Westin hotels all the time, and am never charged for receiving packages, so this amount was truly ridiculous.

There are much nicer and newer hotels in Dallas - stay there if you're in the area.

Hi hcohen,
We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay with us, and we are so sorry we did not meet your needs. Your comments are very helpful and we apologize that you did not received all information regarding costs for packages received on-property, but we will connect with our front desk team to ensure they are informed of the need to better communicate this in the future. If given the opportunity we would love to have you back with us again.

Marketing & Social Media Manager

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!