“Ally and Carrie were phenomenal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Olive Street, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #61 of 189 Hotels in Dallas
Seattle
“Ally and Carrie were phenomenal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Dallas for a convention. Allly and Carrie met me with smiling faces and started my trip off well. They even gave me a free room upgrade. I highly recommend both the hotel as well as its staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi Lysa C,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that Carrie and Ally went above and beyond to exceed your expectations and provide you with top-tier service while you were with us. We will ensure our management team is aware of your mentions, and we eagerly await having you back with us on your next stay in Dallas.

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We came to Dallas for a quick vacation over spring break and had so much fun at the Sheraton. Fortunately, we met the bar staff at the Draft early on. The bar tenders, in particular Jay Hurley, were entertaining, professional, accommodating, and a lot of fun. Jay provided us with excellent recommendations for food, bars, and attractions and made sure we were enjoying ourselves during our time in Dallas. I would recommend this hotel for the friendly and helpful staff alone!

• Stayed March 2013
Hi AlexisFBI,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that our bartender, Jay, exceeded your expectations and gave you top tier service in our onsite sports bar, Draft Media Sports Lounge. Your comments are much appreciated and we will ensure Jay as well as our management team are aware of your kind mentions. We look forward to having you back with us in your future travels!

Bryan, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently visited the Sheraton Dallas hotel for a weekend get away. After a long 4 hour drive I arrived at the hotel tired and completely frustrated because of traffic, drive time, etc. Upon arrival I was greet at the registering desk by a lovely young lady by the name of Kimberly Huft. Her charismatic charm and bubbly personality immediately put a smile on my face. She honestly turned what had the makings of a bad day/trip into a win for me and I truly appreciate that. I am now a proud Sheraton Reward member due to the excellent service I received. I'd gladly recommend the Sheraton Dallas to friends, family & peers!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Julius B,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that Kim on our guest services team went above and beyond to exceed your expectations and was able to turn your travel experience around upon your arrival. We will ensure our management team is aware of your comments about her service, and we eagerly await having you back with us on your next stay in Dallas!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I wanted to attend some events in the art's district at night. This is a great location compared to other downtown hotels.

The middle of downtown Dallas can be a little too quiet for comfort at night. With all the Federal Buildings, it's probably very safe. I felt the most comfortable walking from the Sheraton (the Marriott, and the Fairmont would be OK also).

This hotel is on the edge of the art district. It's a safe and easy walk at night from the hotel to: the Windspear Opera House, Meyerson Symphony Center, the Nasher and the Dallas Museum of Art (which is open until midnight, the second Friday of each month).

I had an amazing view of downtown from the 33rd floor. There was a storm, and I watched the skyline appear and disappear as fog rolled through. My room was clean and up to date. The Starwood beds are wonderful. I was very happy and will make this my hotel of choice when I visit Dallas.

If you don't rent a car, the DART transit center is on the south side of the hotel, and the light rail is on the north entrance.

One tip I have is that Avis at the Adolphus hotel is open on Sunday. It's the only rental car currently in the downtown area with Sunday hours. The breakfast buffet at the Adolphus was a very good buy at $14.

Room Tip: The center tower has the best views of downtown. The north towers has some good views of the arts d...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hi GeraldB133,
We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. The comments you provided are very helpful and we are pleased to hear you had such a pleasant experience with us during your recent trip. We look forward to having you back with us in the future!

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We booked a get away night here through a 3rd party though we are Starwood Perferred Guests,
well that didn't matter! You don't get points if you book through a 3rd party and I think they place you in a room that reflects the price you paid. It was definietly a business man's room. Hardly big enough for 2 people. You could hear the elevator going up and down the whole time. I would have requested a room change but we were totally unpacked and there for only one night. The bathroom was so small (5'X 6' - apx.) that I hit my elbow in the shower on the soap dish holder and had to watch that I didn't hit my head on the sink bending over in the shower, and I'm 5" 1". The shelf was so narrow over the toliet that I had to make sure the lid was down all the time so as to not let anything fall into it off the shelf. We had no bath matt or wash cloths. No one asked how our stay was at check out!! The only positive was that the bed (king size) was very comfortable and the room was clean. We have much better accomadations for the price and many other hotel chains.

Room Tip: The South Tower has no downtown view that I could tell.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi nmnkno,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations while you were with us, and we certainly hope you were able to contact our front desk during your stay so we could have had the opportunity to correct the issues you mentioned while you were on-property. However, we appreciate you informing us of the details you mentioned and we will connect with our operations team so they may consider future adjustments.

South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is an older property that has had an attempt at updating. The room itself is nice enough but the fixtures in the bathroom are old and didn't work well. I stayed there for four nights for a conference; I reported a slow running tub drain the second morning I was there and nothing was done. (Slow running = up to my ankles in water when taking a quick shower.) Service overall was slow. Very limited storage so if you're staying a while, this could be a problem. I was in a king room, which barely had room to walk around the bed. For the money, I think you can stay somewhere better, although the downtown location is excellent, right on the DART train line.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi William N,
Thank you for your feedback. As we always strive to exceed our guests' expectations, we are sorry we did not meet your needs accordingly. However, we appreciate your comments and will connect with our operations team regarding the issues you mentioned. if given the opportunity, we would love to have you back with us again soon.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a good, clean updated hotel. The staff is really nice and extremely helpful however every time I checked it, there was only one or two employees at the counter and at least 3-5 customers waiting.
There is a restaurant and two bars inside this hotel. The breakfast buffet is $20 and has a variety of options to choose from: scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, oatmeal, grits, pastries, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, etc. If you don't care for buffet you can always order from the menu. The stack of pancakes is delicious.
Dinner here is also good: soups, salads, sandwiches, pasta, steak and they also have a build your own salad option made to order.
There is also a sports bar located inside the hotel filled with giant TV screens that display any type of sport you can think of: golf, football, baseball, basketball, soccer, boxing, etc. The food here is typical bar food and not special from what I gathered but then again I had an unexciting pizza. Bar food is just not my thing.
The staff is extremely helpful and nice and always greeted me (or maybe they did that because I am a female.)
The beds are supper soft, if you prefer a hard bed this might not be a good place for you. The towels and bedding are always fresh and clean.
Anytime I had a problem the staff answered quickly and helped me out.
I was immediately switched (and upgraded) to another room when I complained about the cigarette smell. When I had a problem with my key, security was sent with the master key and when that did not work he called the maintenance guy and waited with me.
The only thing that annoyed me was the restaurant closing for dinner when they have low capacity.

Room Tip: If you are a SPG member make sure you ask for 27th floor and above, those are reserved for members...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi Jacky T,
Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and would love to have you back with us again in the future!

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!