“Carrie for CEO!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Olive Street, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #66 of 188 Hotels in Dallas
“Carrie for CEO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

One word Awesome! One name Carrie! If you have not stayed at the Sheraton Dallas, Carrie is a reason to make a special trip just to have a reason to do so. I stay at a hotel 60 nights per year and not once have I ever been treated as exceptional as I was treated by a Registration Representative by the name of Carrie. To the world she maybe one, but to me she is the one. The outlier as it relates to superior client service. I was fortunate to experience her great service after arriving at the hotel after a very draining long day of airplane travel. I walked in with a very down mood and after interacting with her, my mood did a 180 and the rest of my night and stay was like a little bit of heaven on earth. She has a spectacular smile, amazing charisma, and a dictionary example of professionalism. I lead a team of 1200 employees and the quality service Carrie exhibited is exactly what we try to coach our employees to exude daily. If Carrie would move, I would hire immediately! The world needs more Carrie(s). And if Sheratons across the country are full of Carrie(s) then I might just start staying there more vs the Ritz in which I currently frequently most. We had 100 of our employees stay at Sheraton Dallas for a 2 day meeting. Many of our employees also had many compliments about Carrie. We will definitely host this meeting there again when we rotate back to Dallas. Carrie is star. She deserves a promotion and a large raise. I also believe that she is very special and should be considered for grooming for future career success at Sheraton. It would not surprise me, if one day she becomes Sheraton's CEO. She would get my vote!

Outstanding job Carrie!

• Stayed March 2013
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi D1911D1911,
Thank you for positive feedback regarding your recent experience with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. Your comments about the first-rate service you received from Carrie at our Front Desk are much appreciated, and we will ensure your mentions are forwarded to her so she's aware. Come back and see us on your next trip to Dallas!

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
  • Turkish first
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Dallas Sheraton is a very large meeting-type hotel. The property did a very good job supporting the meeting I attended -- but the service was awful. I could never get anyone from the hotel on the phone -- which made the valet parking difficult to use. I was unable to arrange a wake-up call. The "system was down" when I tried to check out and an incorrect charge then appeared on my bill which I was unable to have corrected quickly. The Ethernet service was pokey (and expensive). The wireless service was actually better. The automatic hv/ac system, which turned off when the room was empty, caused the room to be unpleasant when first entered. Finally, the elevator system was the most confusing I have ever encountered. There are many banks and you have to select the right one to get to your tower and floor. It took me a couple of days to get oriented to the system.

On the plus side the room was nicely appointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hi AndyManshel,
Thank you for your feedback. As we always strive to exceed our guests' expectations, we are sorry we did not meet your needs accordingly. However, we appreciate your comments and will connect with our operations team regarding the issues you mentioned. if given the opportunity, we would love to have you back with us again soon.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Arrived at hote and went to check in..It was a very nice experience goood service and we were off to our room.. We put the card in and it would not work tried agaon and no luck so went back down to check in ...there was a long line at check in due to convention so went up to one of the people and explained and she curtly said.. the line is there and walked off...after 15 minutes got to another person and was told sorry it does happen some time and given another key..off to the room and yes you guessed it the key did not work again. back down to check in back into the line and then was told they would send security up to the room..back up to the room wait 10 minutes and security shows up and has to try 3 times door opens finally but not with our key he says there you go and starts to walk off... i stop him and say we do not want this room if we cannot get our key to work. back to check in back in line ask for manager who is very nice and gets us a new room and walks with us back to the room. not a great impression of the hotel or chain if this happens

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi eddypittman,
Thank you for your review. We apologize that you encountered issues with your room key, but we appreciate you informing us so we can let our management team know so they can consider future adjustments. If given the opportunity, we hope to have you back with us again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My stay at the Sheraton has been a great one. Upon my arrival I found out that my room was not available on the date requested. Staff members, Kim Huff, Jeanette McGray and Shanell Sells work hard to solve the problem. They each had an excellent understanding of their job assignment and was extremely capable of doing the job to make the atmosphere most comfortable for my stay. Not only did they do it for me but I saw them in action with others. What a phenomenal group of ladies. Their customer services, dedication and professionalism made my stay for business at Sheraton enjoyable and worth while.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi Gloria S,
We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. The comments you provided are very helpful and we are pleased to hear you had such a pleasant experience with us during your recent trip. We look forward to having you back with us in the future!

Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

As expected for a Sheraton, it is an imposing hotel with lots of helpful staff.
As it was a conference running there, it was pretty busy so sleep was not so relaxed.
The location was good but, specially on weekend, there is not so many places where you can have a quick and cheap meal. In the hotel the prices for food and drinks are high!
It is a very good hotel to a business stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hi joanazul,
We're pleased to know that we met your needs for your stay with us on your recent business trip. If given the opportunity, we would like the chance to have you with us for a vacation in the future. We look forward to having you back with us!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

After a very stressful and tiring day, I arrived at the hotel only to find out that I had a confirmation but needed a credit authorization from my organization to secure my room. "Carrie" was very accomodating and made every effort to make me comfortable while I waited through the process. Her attitude and customer service was to the utmost and highest standards of what you would want in any organization. She represents a quality employee that you can be proud of representing "Sheraton Dallas Hotel". It was a pleasure being serviced by "Carrie" and the wonderful Front Desk Staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hi Harold B,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that Carrie went above and beyond to exceed your expectations and provided you with top-tier service while you were with us. We will ensure our management team is aware of your mentions, and we eagerly await having you back with us on your next stay in Dallas.

Roseau, Saint George, Dominica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

After what seemed like a business trip where everything went wrong, I decided to take two days off and stay at this hotel to relax. On arrival, I was greeted by the lovely Carrie who was very understanding when I explained to her my day. Her manner and attitude was extremely helpful and really helped to relax me. She answered all my questions and gave me suggestion on activities that were available in Dallas during my stay. The hotel is really nice. The staff are really friendly and helpful. If I am visiting Dallas again I will make this my hotel of choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hi Nigel C,
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are so pleased to hear that Carrie went above and beyond to exceed your expectations and provided you with top-tier service while you were with us. We will make sure our management team is aware of your comments, and we look forward to having you back with us soon!

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!