“return to Dallas after 30 years!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Dallas Hotel

You added Sheraton Dallas Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton Dallas Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 North Olive Street, Dallas, TX 75201 (Downtown Dallas)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #61 of 190 Hotels in Dallas
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“return to Dallas after 30 years!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel on a whim return to Dallas.The hotel was very busy as others have stated due to a big college football game. We had to self park and jet lagged with heavy luggage and a long walk with luggage, this was not the best start. Check in was quite quick altough there were long queues. Our room was a junior suite and very badly laid out. There was a lot of wasted space, I think a bit more thought needs to go into the design. The whole room was very bland. However it was all clean, there were sufficient hangers and plenty of drawers. The room was super quiet and a very comfortable bed. The hotel is well situated near a tram stop, which is useful for getting in and out of the restaurant area. Concierges recommendations for restaurants all good. We used both bars, the service in the lounge bar was a bit slow.Not a bad stay but lacks the wow factor one expects from a junior suite at a Starwood hotel.

Room Tip: we were on a high floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Courtney V, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi noddie11,
Thank you for your feedback. Although you did encounter minor setbacks during your stay we are happy to hear it did not affect your overall stay and that you enjoyed your time with us in Dallas. Come back and see us again soon!

Sheraton Dallas Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

First impressions were not good, valet parking full & the self parking crammed with people (many already celebrating) in town for the Texas vs Oklahoma football game. There was a long queue for check in but the Starwood preferred guest line was very short.

Actually, the hotel coped well with the influx of people, and although it was very busy it didn't really affect our stay.

The hotel is very well situated next to the tram station, so getting around is cheap & easy, it is also an easy walk to the museums area.

The room (junior suite) was large, but badly laid out, the furnishings were ok, but not much more than that.

The club lounge was pleasant, but breakfast finished at 9am seven days a week, which seems very early.

I was double charged for valet & self parking, which was sorted out on check out, but the next day I received an amended bill & it had been put back on again - not impressed!

Hi Robh9999,
Thank you for your comments. Although you did encounter minor setbacks during your stay we are happy to hear it did not affect your overall stay and that you enjoyed your time with us in Dallas. We would love to have you back with us again soon if given the opportunity.

Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Sheraton on our trip to the State Fair of Texas. Unfortunately, it was also the weekend of the Texas-OU football game. This made parking and check in a nightmare. The parking garage is huge and located across the street. It was a long walk with kids and luggage to get from the car to the hotel. Parking is also $21 a night for self-park, which seemed high even for a downtown hotel. The hotel seemed to also be completely overwhelmed by the drunk and obnoxious students that arrived for the football game. Obviously the Sheraton has hosted this crowd before (since the game has been played in Dallas for several years), so it was disappointing that they weren't prepared. It took us over an hour to check in and I had two tired and hungry girls (and one tired, hungry, and angry mommy) that had to sit on a bench outside the restrooms and wait during this time. Once we actually checked into our suite, things got a lot better. The suite was great and, despite all the rowdy football fans in the hotel, was very quiet. The hotel was bid enough (and the staff presumably smart enough) to contain the students in the central tower as we didn't hear anything from inside the suite. The beds were also extremely comfortable, although there were no extra sheets for the sofa bed and no chance of getting any extra. It was also disappointing that Internet access was so expensive and the TV channel lineup included no options for small kids (e.g. Disney Channel). However, after the initial problems with check in, the overall experience was mostly positive with the Sheraton. i also need to point out the great service from the concierge staff (Dan and Amanda). I needed to feed the family and the restaurants in the hotel (indeed the entire downtown area) were packed. Room service was not even picking up the phone. The staff worked hard to finally locate a local restaurant that was able to make us a meal for me to walk and pick up.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi MBEdwards01,

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Sheraton Front Desk Specialist, Jeanette McGanis, was awesome and help set the tone for a rewarding weekend. She greeted us with a smile, she asked all the necessary questions to ensure our stay would be comfortable and relaxing, and she was a great problem solver, in addition to patiently addressing all our questions. She is a good representaitive of the Starwood Brand. Thank You Jeanette, for helping my Dallas weekend Rock!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Interstate 35 in the South Tower- and beware this property is huge
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi Ms R,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that our staff made your weekend in Dallas so memorable. We look forward to having you back in your future travels!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The room was not very spacious, but it was clean and well decorated. The hotel is in a great location downtown with easy highway access to go wherever you need to go in Dallas. The pool was nice, and there were plenty chairs, tables and umbrellas. Service was friendly and check-in was quick. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hi grace I,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you back in the future!

Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I found the Sheraton Dallas to be so cheap that I would have been better off staying at a more mid range hotel. They lacked in service, lacked in quality and failed to deliver a good guest experience. Shameful as I now read reviews I see other guests experienced the same problems over and over.

At check-in, I dealt with a front desk agent that seemed overworked and didn't really care to be on duty. The front desk failed to deliver on room location requests, and failed to inform on delivery options for a guest folio or receipt. Apparently you have a choice between emailed folio or delivery to your room. I now wonder if there was a similar choice for newspapers that I was never offered.

Once in my room, I enter to find all the lights off. Guests shouldn't have to fumble for their phones and flashlights simply to turn on a bedroom lamp. The room otherwise was ok. It appeared clean, but was slightly on the small side. There were no offensive odors, but it seemed within fifteen minutes any time I entered the room I began to feel stuffed up and suffered from sneezes. I found it odd the closet lacked a luggage rack, and housekeeping never replaced the laundry bag taken from the closet.

The bathroom was sized appropriately with plenty of space to operate, but seriously lacked towels. I'm all for helping the environment, but leaving a room only stocked with two towels is laughable. They didn't even have a bath mat. Just two bath towels, two hand towels and one wash cloth. I was not pleased. I requested more towels and it took 23 minutes to deliver what would be considered a full towel set. The shower had rust marks on the tub floor and was in need of a full tub replacement. There was a mystery hole in the ceiling above the bathtub.

Bedding wise they offered decent pillows, blankets and sheets, but no fitted mattress cover. So every morning you wake up with a sheet curled under your feet, or feet touching a bare, dirty, disgusting mattress. How can a brand name, so-called full service, hotel not offer a fitted sheet for a mattress? That's something you'd expect from a bad motel.

The Sheraton's hallways and common areas were very dirty during my stay. There were many empty beer bottles just left on the floor in the morning. I came back one night to find a housekeeper's vacuum just laying the floor in the hallway. I think this location needs serious help when it comes to the housekeeping department. Additionally, they need to stop with the cheap green initiatives. It's one thing to save a couple bucks on the lights or skimp on towels, but now they've permanently lost my business because of those aggravations. If I wanted to be green, I'd go camping, I wouldn't stay at a hotel. At a hotel I have a minimum level of expectations that help me with my business travel, this hotel did not meet even minimum requirements.

Hello IntegrityTravel,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you did not feel your needs were met as we always strive to exceed guests' expectations. As many of our guests do opt to take advantage of our green initiatives, our guests are certainly welcome utilize our normal housekeeping services if requested. If given the opportunity, we would love to have you back with us again in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel many times and am a preferred SPG member, but it simply no longer qualifies as a 4 star hotel. The staff is woefully untrained, the management absent, and the rooms are substandard, at best. Even the new tower is full of creaks, groans and noises (HVAC related) that the staff refuses to acknowledge, much less repair.
I am in a hotel room at least 3 nights per week and this one is horrific. If you want a good nights' sleep, choose the Marriott across the street, or splurge on the Ritz. This hotel is no more than a 2 star and and likely only a 1.
As you can see by my comments, I never criticize hotels, as I believe most of them try very hard to make the life of a business traveler comfortable. This Sheraton, however, is truly terrible.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room here.
Hi Tishfish,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not find our property met your needs. As we always strive to ensure our guests have a memorable experience with us, we are sorry to hear that our property did not meet your needs. We would love to have the opportunity to have you back again in the future.

Marketing & Social Media Specialist

Been to Sheraton Dallas Hotel? Share your experiences!